• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lightnings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
hello guys..
anybody can help me with changing the lightning color?
trigger example or tell me i will try to do it..
e.g when i cast chain lightning i want the lightning to be black or something hehehe...:):ogre_rage:

Level 15
There are four trigger actions under "Lightning - " in the trigger editor.

Lightning - Create Lightning Effect
Lightning - Destroy Lightning Effect
Lightning - Move Lightning Effect
Lightning - Set Lightning Effect Color

You obviously want the last one. The first three numbers are based on a decimal percentage and represents RGB (red, green, and blue). The last one labeled "alpha" represents the transparency of the lightning (don't worry about this one, just leave it at 1).

GL ^-^

EDIT - oh, you can't change the color of lightning from object editor spells. Unfortunately there is no way to do that. You can only change the color of custom-made lightning in the trigger editor.

Level 9
Oh..wait im gonna try..if i stil cant do it im gona need a hand :D

EDIT:!!! oh shet i cant do it after 20 fail attempts(im noob at gui)

here is a image of my trigger sry i image too small but hope u can understand it..im in a rush pls tell me how can i make a diffrent colored chain lightning
the lightning strike spell is just a normal chain lightning i just use the custom name
here it is

sorry no time to crop gtg please reply me ...

Attachments

• triger.jpg
    triger.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Level 15
You have the lightning going from position of triggering unit to position of triggering unit (from the caster to the caster) so it's not going anywhere. You need to have it going from the position of the triggering unit to position of target unit of ability being cast.

Also don't touch the alpha value (keep it at 1). And the other values are from 0 to 1 (0% to 100% but in decimal) so they shouldn't be above 1.

Going to bed now, if you still need help tommorow i'll check this thread :) good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.