• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lightning attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
How do you select the animation for a lightning attack like the chain lightning animation. I want my hero to attack like that, but the only ones I can find are just the ball of lightning and the after effects of lightning hitting something.

Where is the bolt of lightning streaming to someone animation? ( Chain Lightning )

Please don't just tell me the chain lightning chimaera one, 'cause I already tried that and it doesn't work.

And by the way, could someone tell me what is GUI and MUI and what is important about them?

Level 14
I'm assuming that you want the hero's attack animation like this...
attachment.php

To do that, just add Lightning Attack to the unit's ability.

GUI stands for graphical user interface and is a simple way to create triggers with.

MUI means that two different units can cast the same spell at the same time without any trouble.

Attachments

• Example.PNG
    Example.PNG
    86 KB · Views: 1,316
Level 17
To change the lightning effect(to drain life for example) you need to go to the abilities section and find lightning attack(i think it's under special, but not sure, do some searching). There you go to lightning effects and change it to the way you want.

It often screws up with orb effects though, since it is an orb effect that doesn't do anything other than being graphical, and is therefor overided by any orb effect that actually does something(Orb of lightning, Incinerate, Feedback, etc)

Level 3
Oh my god, you guys are saviors; saved me so much trigger work with crazy locust units and spells and too many confusing things.

THANK YOU!

By the way, does anyone know how/what the Sphere ability does? I'm assuming it is for the blood mage's fireballs, but can i put it on different models by giving them the skill?

Level 17
It only works on specific unit models with the (i think it is) sprite attatchements. These units is Blood Mage and... imported models.:xxd:
Although you can use it for any unit to create a sfx at their weapon for example, and to create a missile for any spell the user is casting.(ever seen when the bloodmage performs his flame strike, he shoots a sphere to the location, this is not in the flame strike ability, this is due to sphere)
Also you may change the models that are swirling around the blood mage, this has been done in really cool ways before to fit the bloodmages skins perfectly.

Level 3
Cool, thanks.

Hey, I just had a question for before about the lightning attack.

Can I combine it with the glaive bouncing ability? Or will they both be orbs and stack over. I wanted the heroe's attack to mimic a chain lightning attack when they get this skill.

Ex. Normal lightning attack animation without skill.
And then lightning attack that bounces with the skill; which would look like chain lightning.

I really don't wanna have to make a trigger that gives her a chain lightning skill for a second and then takes it away, so is there anyway to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.