• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making a unit attack all adjustant units with chain lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Heya, I've got a very complicated task. I need to make a unit attacking all adjustant enemies around it, firing a chain lightning at each one and every chain lightning must bounce 4 times (i.e. hit the 1st target and then another 4) with 10% damage reduction per hit.
Basically, a barrage that fires chain lightnings.
Any ideas how to do it?
*I prefer JASS, though GUI can be also fine if I try to JASS-ify it.

If your suggestion works, you shall earn a well-deserved reputation from me.

STOP!!!
Don't offer me things like "give an ability chain lightning and make it autocasting when an enemy approaches, blablabla" or "create dummy units that cast chain lightning". This thing is NOT what I need and is NOT effective because it doesn't offer variable damage + the dummy units won't know which unit to zap with the lightning. Doing so is a waste of both mine and your time.

Level 9
chainl.png

Instead of normal attacks, the special unit (O) fires chain lightnings
The 1st attack hits all the targets, bouncing at the nearest unit.
The 2nd attack hits the 2nd target and continues by the nearest and so on. Notice that the furthest target is unaffected, since it's too far.
The 3rd attack hits only 3 units, same reason.
The 4th attack hits 4 units.
The 5th attack hits all the 5 units.

All the mentioned attacks happen simulatiously (at the same time).
I repeat, this is not a spell, but a normal attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.