• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A question about lightning effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I want to make a unit that fires its projectile like the Chimaera unit (and the Razor hero in dota) does (i.e. shoots out lightning), and found an ability called "Lightning Attack" that allows me to achieve the desired effect but turns out it's overridden by attack-modifier passive abilities e.g. Bash, Critical Strike and loses its lightning effect. I've also tried to make a Bash/CS ability with a lightning effect but it didn't show up. So can anybody help me out with this?
(I'd prefer having a custom ability to using triggers)

Level 12
Sorry to say, but lightning attack is the only custom abillity that allows this, However. You can make the lightning effect via triggers.
You can make bash and crit via triggers also.

Bash and Crit effects cannot display effects, the only way bash does display the effect is through the buffs. And you cannot add lightning to the buff without triggers.

@Gunslinger - its a lightning effect, not a projectile model...

sadly, using the default lightning attack would really be overridden by attack modifiers (if you use Razor a lot, you'll also notice that...)

if you want a stacking lightning effect per attack, you might want to use a DDS + triggers to create the lightnings, though I think its not really efficient to do it that way...

Status
Not open for further replies.