• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with using lightning effects!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Ello! Im currently working on tower wars, and i need help with those lightning effects. My current trigger for a tower:
lightning effect
Events
Unit - A unit Is attacked
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Lightning Turret
Actions
Lightning - Create a Chain Lightning - Primary lightning effect from source (Position of (Attacking unit)) to target (Position of (Attacked unit))
Wait 0.10 seconds
Lightning - Destroy (Last created lightning effect)

Got it? Now heres the problem: The lightning effects source is not as high as i want it to be (its origin is at the bottom of the tower). I use a Arcane Tower model btw. So how do i raise the source and target? It sure looks ugly now...

Level 16
Why are you creating the lightning effect with a trigger when you can just use that as a projectile?

Set the towers projectile to chimera/lightning attack. Set target art to the target art of chain lightning. Give the tower the ability "lightning attack".

Level 7
For a chain lightning, just change the actions to:

Order attacking unit to cast - Far seer - chain lightning to (attacked target)

Of course you'll hafta give the unit chain lightning. Lightning attack works fine for single targets. I ahd this problem in my Tower Defense with my lightning dragon :p i forgot who but someone answered my question with this, it saved my life :)
U cant have "lightning attack" work on bouncing attacks btw

Level 16
donut3.5 said:
So then just make it one target. That works. What mini-me said doesn't answer your question I don't think, for he's using it when it attacks, not when it is attacked.
--donut3.5--

He is using it because he didnt know about the lightning attack. His question has been answered. Dont over think this. Just leave it.

Level 6
THANKS ALOT. though the most of it was unnecesarry :D . Yes i meant just a single target, and i noticed that lightning attack didnt work with bounce. Maybe i should make a chain lightning, but i think im fine with one target (btw i would have figured out the chain lightning trigger myself :roll: ). thanks alot anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.