• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Black lightning, lightning health- and mana bar system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
I created a system that uses lightnings to display health- and mana bars on top of units.

LMBS_1.jpg

I'd like to use black lightning for the portion of health/mana that is missing but I just can't make it happen. How to create black lightning? Black represents transparency with lightnings as far as I know. But maybe there's some trick in Photoshop that I'm unaware of.

How would you do the lightning that represents the missing part, if black lightning isn't possible?

Attachments

• LightningBars.w3x
    43.3 KB · Views: 295
Level 9
black lightnings are possible but you have to import a model/skin for it^^

but for your work id use a half transparent green lightning for the HP bar and the same in blue for the mana bar.

black lightnings are possible but you have to import a model/skin for it^^

Not true.

Lightings use additive filter method, and additive makes all blacks transparent.
"Modulate" is the opposite of additive, it makes whites transparent. Doubt that you can change the filter method of the model though.

As a side note, very creative idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.