• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lightning Color

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 33
So I base my Lightning from "DRAM" - Drain Mana.
How do I go about changing this Lightning to White Color ?

I guess this function somehow does that but I don't know what's the proportion of Red, Green, Blue;
  • Lightning - Change color of (Last created lightning effect) to (1.00 1.00 1.00) with 1.00 alpha

Level 10
I believe it can't be changed to white, because changing the colour of a lightning is like adding a coloured mask in front of it.

I made a recoloured texture for it. Import it to path ReplaceableTextures\Weather\WhiteDrain.blp and LightningData.slk to Splats\LightningData.slk. Use WHIT for the name of the lightning.

Attachments

• WhiteDrain.blp
    17.7 KB · Views: 53
  • LightningData.rar
    1.2 KB · Views: 48
Level 15
Open Import Manager. Import File (CTRL+I). Browse to files. Open. Double click imported file. Check Use custom path. Replace with mentioned filepath.

For WhiteDrain.blp: ReplaceableTextures\Weather\WhiteDrain.blp
For LightningData.slk: Splats\LightningData.slk.

Level 10
1. Go to import manager and import both files: LightningData.slk and WhiteDrain.blp.
2. Double-click on the files and check "use custom path". Then change the paths to what I said above.
3. When you use that lightning in a spell, use "WHIT" as lightning id.

Status
Not open for further replies.