• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] [BETA RELEASE] Sword of Narzul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Oljin presents

Sword of Narzul - RPG Campaign
Created by Matthias Oscity
134683d1398510837-beta-release-sword-narzul-frostmourne.jpg

Map Info:

Hi everyone,

This is a serious beta releasing, because I would like to post my campaign in the maps section of this site. If someone reads this text and plays my campaign, please write me a private message or post right here.

This are the things to test:

• Difficulty of Enemies in each map (Are Boss fights, Creeps and the undeads adjusted to the game progress / hero level?)
  • Are the spells balanced?
  • Are the heroes balanced with the gameplay? Or is one hero much stronger than others?
  • Does any trigger/script happen twice? (i.e. a message is pops up 2 times)
  • Does no Quest-Guy die? i.e. can I kill the optional quest guys before discovering the optional quest, and the quest can be completed anyway?

and whatever else you think is not good or could be made better, please tell me. Any improvements are welcomed!

>>> DOWNLOAD HERE 1.4b (2.5.2014) <<<
(and put it into ~/WarcraftIII/campaigns)

Story Description:

Chapter 1 - Rise of a Warrior
You start as one of 6 heroes in the duty of Lordaeron. In the first years everything seems alright and nothing special happens. On your graduation day, you decide to visit the capital city, but just as you walk out the village, a dark rider rises before you and speaks of bad omens about Narzul! You tell this to the king, and he sends a small army to the ruins of Narzul to look at the situation there.
The Gates of Narzul are shut, so you have to get the magic keys to open it and reclaim the city! But while you're killing all the undeads, an undead fleet sets sail with the holy artifact of Narzul: the Sword of Narzul! They would've have slipped away, if you didn't oppose the orders of Lordaeorn and followed them right away.

Chapter 2 - A Long Search
Many Days pass by, until you reach a new continent. Strange people trading with murlocs live there in High Collie Bay. In order to find out where the undeads are, you have to ask the murloc clan leader Yozshura for advice. But he helps you only if you help them.
When you managed to do those things, you'll be told where the undeads are. So you go there and destroy everything again, but you can't find the sword. So you have to follow a narrow path to the north.

Chapter 3 - The Fortress
The days start to get darker with every day, and everyone on this new continent feels a presence of a dark magic growing somewhere in the neighbourhood. In the last chapter, you have to do one last task to prove your skills and show that you are ready to fight the nameless dark. Are you strong enough to defeat the dark rider and call the sword your own? Try it out now!

Features:

• RPG Campaign
  • 6 Different Heroes
  • Stat-Based Spells
  • Add Custom Spell to each Hero (customize Hero Spells)
  • Custom Spells (Circular Impulse, Judgement, Axe Throw, Rockfall, 300)
  • Hidden Treasures
  • Many Optional Quests
  • Recruit Mercenaries (Trolls, Ogres, Humans, Murlocs, Dragons)
  • Artifacts which can be fusioned to legendary items
  • Ring Of Blood Competition (Chapter 3)
  • Worth to play at least twice!

Screenshots:

Hero Selection / Interface

Action / Fight

Cinematic Sequence (Trolls)

King Eriad

Ring of Blood

Circular Impulse

Axe Throw

Change Log:

1.4b Hot Fixes
Increased Damage of Soul Burn, Decreased Life Transfer of LifeDrain
Item Summon Doom Guard, Scepter of Master'ys Item Command and Finger of Death (item) is now adjustet to each map
The Area Attack of hired (Black, Red or Green) Dragons doesn't anymore attack friendly units or heroes

1.4a Hot Fixes
Gryphon Rider in Map 2 removed ;)
Quest Message Text "Survive" corrected
Troll Berserkers which can be summoned with the Ancestral Staff are now as strong as the enemys (and not default attributes)
Soul Burn Fix
Increased XP Gain in Chapter 1 a little bit.

Level 6 Spells (Earth Spirit, Rain of Chaos, Shadow Walk, Stampede, 300, Flame Strike) have now 3 levels and are adjusted to each map.
Decreased Cooldown of Judgement and Circular Impulse (-10sec)
Added new Spell to learn in Step II of Hero Selection: Rockfall - Thanks to Paladon!
Axe Throw Spell throwed only 3 axes instead of 4 in level 4 and 5.
Chapter 2: Gnolls don't respawn anymore, because the quest is about erasing the clan.
Chapter 1: Less soldiers of Lordaeron help you attack the undeads now, and only if you are in the base.

1.3a Hot Fixes:
Judgement Spell did not work together with Firebolt (Blood Mage), thus Firebolt was replaced with Soul Burn.
Chapter 1: Undeads were too strong, and "Lordaeron sends soldiers"-Trigger did not turn on.

Hero Selection System improved:
- Added new spells: Each hero can choose one of 5 new spells in the beginning. Credits to Uzumaki.minato (Arisato) for his Circle Impulse and Judgement Spell and Bluebay for his Axe Throw Spell!
- Choose your own name: You have to give your hero a name!
Anti Cheat System implemented
Envoirenment improvements
Several Quest Bug fixes
Quest Story improvements (unlogical dialogs)
Items and Abilities of all Creeps and Creatures adjusted
Added some common Abilities (War Stomp, Blizzard etc) to Creeps to make it more "interactive".
Increased Life and Damage of enemy creatures and buildings (the game is in overall harder now)
Chance to drop Gold (50) decreased
Chapter 1: Lordaeron helps you attack the undeads (which are much stronger now)
Chapter 3: Added a new Cinematic Sequence 'Greeting the chieftain'
Chapter 3: Added new Quest: Shamanic Totem
Chapter 3: The Orcs of Ogranosh help you attack the undeads only if you helped them before (Speed Run ? =))
Chapter 3: 'The Ritual' Quest (the quest where you learned in the earlier versions a new spell and the item fusioning) is now optional. You just learn how to fusion artifacts now with this quest.

(Almost) All Spells are stat-based now.
Replaced the second (2.) chinafarmer with a merchant (mobile shop).
Optional Quest Requirements can be done before discovering that quest, and the quest can still be accomplished =)
Custom Experience Gain added (displayed with floating text above dying unit)
Bug Fixes for Main Quest Row in Map 3.
Ogre King in Map 1 is now weaker.
Artifact Costs reduced by 3000gold and 100lumber (each).
Terrain (details) increasement in map 1 and 2.
Zeppelins have more HP/Life
Several pathing blockers were added to map 2, to define a path ("how to go through this map")
Added additional part to side quest 'Deathknight' in map 2
Added additional part to side quest 'Cornered' in map 2
Little Bug Fixes (Language etc.)

Tomes of Agi/Str/Int cost now 500 / 1000 Gold.
Pure Troll Blood should drop from every troll, when quest activated
Recipe Store added to Map 1& 2
Undeads generally stronger
No Trolls respawn on Troll Mountain anymore (Map 1)
All Zeppelins Movement Speed raised to Max (522)
All Heroes Movement Speeds raised to 350
All units in camp before Narzul help to attack
Beastmaster Collision Radius reduced
Quantity of Murloc enemies in Map 1 (Stolen Goods Quest) is now reduced
Chinafarmer has now 100000 HP
Boots of Speed (+300) removed (because 350+150=500 already)
Manual of Health, Tome Of knowledge, Buy Gold Coins / Lumber-Items added to Special Merchant Shop

Credits To:
Uzumaki.minato (Arisato)
Bluebay
Darkdivine
KelThusad (ingame.de)
Paladon
Hans

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Attachments

• Trolls.jpg
    Trolls.jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 514
  • Action.jpg
    Action.jpg
    427.2 KB · Views: 523
  • King Eriad.jpg
    King Eriad.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 583
  • Ring of Blood.jpg
    Ring of Blood.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 494
  • Circular Impulse.jpg
    Circular Impulse.jpg
    611.3 KB · Views: 427
  • Axe Throw.jpg
    Axe Throw.jpg
    529.6 KB · Views: 506
  • Frostmourne.jpg
    Frostmourne.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 870
  • Hero Selection : Interface.jpg
    Hero Selection : Interface.jpg
    416.7 KB · Views: 472
  • Sword of Narzul.w3n
    3.2 MB · Views: 430
Last edited:
Level 2
Hi Oljin,

I played your campaign and I must say it was very good the first play through. I have encountered one major bug and I do have several recommendations:

Bugs:
1. The "pure" troll blood for main the quest was not dropped.. only the regular troll was dropped. I spent 30 min hunting trolls but they don't drop the pure kind. However, after I restarted the chapter, it was dropped within the first minute of killing trolls. Not sure what happened there.
2. One of the quest items requires some gold and 100,000 lumber to be purchased... It would take hours and hours of gameplay to get that kind of lumber.. I had to use cheat to purchase that quest item. Did I miss something that will give 100000 lumber?
3. One cannot combine items in chapter 1 & 2. This is not a bug but maybe you should not have the item combo shop in chapter 1 and 2 to tease players :)

Recommendations:
1. Stats-based skills: the skills for all characters become useless after chapter 1 because they are too weak. Monsters later in the game are too powerful for those skills to be any useful. I stopped using skills after chapter 1 because they damage only scratches the enemies. The only skills I find useful are those with passive %damage based like "trueshot" aura (btw, it should be command aura since melee) with beast master. Maybe you could change some skills based on strength/level/agi/int/etc. This will definitely improve the mechanics of the game and have a more RPG feel to the campaign.

2. Significantly increase the prices (5000-7000k of gold per tome) of stats tomes and reduce the drop of tomes to 1%-3%: The main char can become so overpowered because tomes are dropped so often and they are so cheap for purchase. Further, gold and lumber are dropped too often that Gold/money is not valued.

3. Increase HP and skills damage for bosses; they are too weak. I have the setting on hard and I only find the epic bosses in chapter 3 to be a bit challenging. You should make the chapter-end bosses to be challenging as the epic bosses.

4. Add one more skill for each hero, the stats bonus don't really count as skills and unnecessary since you can purchase stats in all chapters. Potentially, you can add 2 new skills to each character if you take out the stats bonus skill.

Overall, this campaign was unexpectedly fun! Each chapter was lengthy and filled with quests. Keep up the good work! I really want to play the entire campaign :)

Level 4
Hi Oljin,

I played your campaign and I must say it was very good the first play through. I have encountered one major bug and I do have several recommendations:

Bugs:
1. The "pure" troll blood for main the quest was not dropped.. only the regular troll was dropped. I spent 30 min hunting trolls but they don't drop the pure kind. However, after I restarted the chapter, it was dropped within the first minute of killing trolls. Not sure what happened there.
2. One of the quest items requires some gold and 100,000 lumber to be purchased... It would take hours and hours of gameplay to get that kind of lumber.. I had to use cheat to purchase that quest item. Did I miss something that will give 100000 lumber?
3. One cannot combine items in chapter 1 & 2. This is not a bug but maybe you should not have the item combo shop in chapter 1 and 2 to tease players :)

Recommendations:
1. Stats-based skills: the skills for all characters become useless after chapter 1 because they are too weak. Monsters later in the game are too powerful for those skills to be any useful. I stopped using skills after chapter 1 because they damage only scratches the enemies. The only skills I find useful are those with passive %damage based like "trueshot" aura (btw, it should be command aura since melee) with beast master. Maybe you could change some skills based on strength/level/agi/int/etc. This will definitely improve the mechanics of the game and have a more RPG feel to the campaign.

2. Significantly increase the prices (5000-7000k of gold per tome) of stats tomes and reduce the drop of tomes to 1%-3%: The main char can become so overpowered because tomes are dropped so often and they are so cheap for purchase. Further, gold and lumber are dropped too often that Gold/money is not valued.

3. Increase HP and skills damage for bosses; they are too weak. I have the setting on hard and I only find the epic bosses in chapter 3 to be a bit challenging. You should make the chapter-end bosses to be challenging as the epic bosses.

4. Add one more skill for each hero, the stats bonus don't really count as skills and unnecessary since you can purchase stats in all chapters. Potentially, you can add 2 new skills to each character if you take out the stats bonus skill.

Overall, this campaign was unexpectedly fun! Each chapter was lengthy and filled with quests. Keep up the good work! I really want to play the entire campaign :)

thank very much for the critics =)

I hope you played the new version Sword of Narzul V 1.0 Beta (I renamed it back to 1.0 because the old one was in german 1.10 and the new is in english 1.0). I once had this problem with "quest item costs 10000" and already fixed that, ... was is the Athelas? And the spells are getting better with each map, they don't stay as they are in map 1.

Alright I will do some improvements =)

Level 2
I played the English version since I do not understand German. Instead of changing skills damage in every single map, you can script the skills to be stat-based. For example, skill damage is 3x strength + 2x agi + base damage. The script can be copied and pasted in every map; if you have a long campaign, this would be more efficient. Keep up the good work and hope you will finish the campaign soon :)

Level 2
Awesome! Downloading now.

Edited:

I got through chapter 1 and 2 and they were awesome compare to previous play. The mechanics are much better. I do have some issues at the beginning at chapter 1. Additional recommendations are as follows:

1. Another recommendation would be adding one extra skill to each character. You should create new custom skills if you have time. If not then just mismatch the existing skills. Overall, there are 4 skills available: 2 playable skills, 1 attribute bonus, and 1 passive skill (for some characters). Two "playable" skills are too little in my opinion. *Spell-book(s) is another option you can do to add the "fun" factor to the game (make sure they are stats based as well or at least scaled to the difficulty of the map)*

2. Bosses are tough now (in terms of HP and Damage) which I like, I got killed several times :). However, it would be much better if you turn them creep bosses into Heroes with some skills; they don't have to have custom skills just what W3 has.

3. I got crashed several times while playing but I'm not sure why. My w3 is up-to-date but I get crashed occasionally when multiple enemies swarmed me. It could be that my PC is old.

That's all I have for now. Will update once I play some more. Keep up the good work and I hope you are working on the next chapters of the campaign.

Last edited:
Level 4
Awesome! Downloading now.

Edited:

I got through chapter 1 and 2 and they were awesome compare to previous play. The mechanics are much better. I do have some issues at the beginning at chapter 1. Additional recommendations are as follows:

1. Another recommendation would be adding one extra skill to each character. You should create new custom skills if you have time. If not then just mismatch the existing skills. Overall, there are 4 skills available: 2 playable skills, 1 attribute bonus, and 1 passive skill (for some characters). Two "playable" skills are too little in my opinion. *Spell-book(s) is another option you can do to add the "fun" factor to the game (make sure they are stats based as well or at least scaled to the difficulty of the map)*

2. Bosses are tough now (in terms of HP and Damage) which I like, I got killed several times :). However, it would be much better if you turn them creep bosses into Heroes with some skills; they don't have to have custom skills just what W3 has.

3. I got crashed several times while playing but I'm not sure why. My w3 is up-to-date but I get crashed occasionally when multiple enemies swarmed me. It could be that my PC is old.

That's all I have for now. Will update once I play some more. Keep up the good work and I hope you are working on the next chapters of the campaign.

Hey, thanks for playing again! =)

1. Yeah that is a thing to think about. The problem at the moment is, that an additional skill (Critical Strike, Frost Armor, Immolation, Healing Wave or Chain Lightning) and the item-fusioning-skill is learned in chapter 3 (just follow the main story).
I will go over this fact and add one this both things to map 1 and another to map 2, so that in chapter 3 you can do something totally new! That will be the next thing I'll do.

2. ok that's easy to do. I turn some of them to heroes =)

3. I never had a crash yet.... but I play it with crossover on a mac (with 10.9.2)

The screenshots don't appear to be loading. Could you also add a description of what the campaign is about?

at work =)

Level 4
Made some things up and now it gets closer to an end =)

try the new 1.4 version!

If someone has any more suggestions which spell would be cool to learn in Step II of the Hero Selection, please add an reply =) thanks!
but please only spells for which I don't have to import the knockback system or any other system.

Status
Not open for further replies.