• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Troll Campaign

Level 2
Hello. I would like to request aid in solving my problem in third chapter. In maker`s place with their artificial intelligence there are doors to the east i can not open. There are also two press buttons that when activated do nothing visible. And there is elevated floor with golem that i do not have access to. What should i do?

Level 2
After fourth restart the trigger activated properly. Now i am interested, if there is possibility to reach the room placed in north west area?

Anyway, it is amazing how well developed the environments. With its own biomes both on the surface and below it. Various plants, various organisms and the enemies are unique too. What blizzard did was to just spam spiders everywhere and change their colors but here i have myconids with their respective biome. And i like how much time you have to spend on each map assuring that you will see all this work. -10 points for zig zag routes since it breaks the realism of the geography but whatever. Are the voice actors profesionals? Did the map creator had to pay them? They bring much power to the scenario.

Last edited:

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Now I'm curious about what caused the trigger failure. There is indeed a way to reach that room. I'm glad you like the environment and mob choices, designing them was as fun as it was challenging. The voices have been generated with AI and a bunch of takes/post-production.

Level 2
I had such suspicion however i would not guess that this afterlife god is not real person. Nor the merchant. They are so lively.

Is this room accessible from the same area? I am out of ideas. I imagine i entered into every corner of the map to trigger transportation but i found nothing.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45

Updates!

I'm at the stage where I can say this project is mostly complete. The development time needed comes down to a couple of cinematics and model edits. All other level designs, assets, triggers, items, music, and voice clips have been completed and imported into the campaign. I'll be spending some time polishing the levels throughout the project, checking for bugs, and making things later-patch-compatible.

Here are some things that have changed since last time, which you can expect in the campaign's full release:

• All building models (sans Voodoo Lounge) have been reimagined, remodeled, and renamed appropriately.View attachment 462009

• Giant Bats and Troll Batriders have been replaced with reptilian Pterradons and Pterradon Riders.View attachment 462010

• Icons for the new buildings have been added.
  • New weapon/armor upgrade icons for the troll tech tree have been added.
  • New custom item recipe combinations have been added, with appropriate icons for each custom item. View attachment 462014
  • Earthen doodad assets and golem units have been visually updated.
  • New aqir units and effects have been added.
  • View attachment 462017View attachment 462018
  • Kruppe now has an ultimate ability and an updated ability icon set.
  • A new optional quest has been added to Chapter 1.
  • A generous amount of tooltip, hotkey, and icon location updates.

I want to thank everyone who has tested the beta versions of my campaign posted throughout this thread. Your feedback has been significant to the quality of work I strive towards.

See you at release!
Utterly incredible.

I'll probably post this on the final upload to the site, but I'll say it now too: if I never accomplish anything in my life, I think I can rest easy knowing that my beloved Jungle Trolls are in good hands.

Level 15

Updates!

I'm at the stage where I can say this project is mostly complete. The development time needed comes down to a couple of cinematics and model edits. All other level designs, assets, triggers, items, music, and voice clips have been completed and imported into the campaign. I'll be spending some time polishing the levels throughout the project, checking for bugs, and making things later-patch-compatible.

Here are some things that have changed since last time, which you can expect in the campaign's full release:

• All building models (sans Voodoo Lounge) have been reimagined, remodeled, and renamed appropriately.View attachment 462009

• Giant Bats and Troll Batriders have been replaced with reptilian Pterradons and Pterradon Riders.View attachment 462010

• Icons for the new buildings have been added.
  • New weapon/armor upgrade icons for the troll tech tree have been added.
  • New custom item recipe combinations have been added, with appropriate icons for each custom item. View attachment 462014
  • Earthen doodad assets and golem units have been visually updated.
  • New aqir units and effects have been added.
  • View attachment 462017View attachment 462018
  • Kruppe now has an ultimate ability and an updated ability icon set.
  • A new optional quest has been added to Chapter 1.
  • A generous amount of tooltip, hotkey, and icon location updates.

I want to thank everyone who has tested the beta versions of my campaign posted throughout this thread. Your feedback has been significant to the quality of work I strive towards.

See you at release!
Amazing, man. Can't wait to play it!