• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BETA ENDS March 12 (2021) - [TODAY]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
THANKS FOR YOUR FEEDBACK

We already have a long list of things that needs fixing. But please keep on posting feedback and report any bugs you find, it helps us alot :)

betaends.png

Tomorrow on Friday the 12th of March 2021 we will move to the new site and a new era begins. Thanks for all the feedback you've given us during the BETA. It's much appreciated! We are very excited for the days to come and want to let you know that we have several new features in store for you. Some of which we will reveal a few weeks after release #HYPE.

We also want to let you know, that we will still be working on the new site after release e.g. adding more theme styles (including our classic Night Elf theme), fixing bugs, adjustments, tweak things etc.

We can't wait for the next chapter in Hive's history. Thanks for sharing this moment with us!

FOR THE HIVE!

:goblin_yeah:

NOTICE - While we're upgrading the site will be unavailable. The process will take approximately 6-8 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience.

:peasant-work-work:

Last edited:

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Finally that Dark Red Theme and the new stuff! :plol:

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I have the kids parked in front of Minecraft + iPad while I do a few preparations. My wife is still sleeping and I plan to do the migration when we arrive at my parents' house. I will be hands off with the kids and initiate the migration then.

@SpasMaster voiced a concern about the BB codes having a new format and he had a .txt file with BB code that needed to be migrated, so I wrote a tool to do just that. Input old BB code, output new BB code.

I also moved "quick links" and "filters" to the left for resource listings just to mess with you. Not really but if I am to follow the XenForo style, menus and so on go on the left while less used information and widgets go on the right. So I'm doing that.

Level 20
It's so... different - but I like it :)

Congratulations to the staff for making Hive 3.0 (I think) happen! :)

P.S. It appears that some users didn't have their stuff imported correctly. Like, I remember having 1100+ posts on the old Hive and now it's down to 725 and despite having quite a lot of reactions and posts, I'm somehow still level 1 with 0 experience (I had some levels on the beta, so I assume it's a bug).

Taken a look around and I've seen some folks around who appear to be having the same issue.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Some feed:
-had 7 alerts and the red NEW stamp that was on them in Hive 2.0 did not show after I went to the Show All feature
-pyf has 2 resources (tutorials) and they don't show when I go to the page where profile resources are to be shown
-my substandard maps don't show in my resources tab although my settings have it ticked

We can't see the online staff or followed people on the right as before.
EDIT: actually, we can but in Forums.

Last edited:
Level 13
It's nice! Strange and weird, but nice. We'll get used to it I suppose.

Btw, what does the "Level X" beneath your avatar mean?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Now we get a max of 420 characters for profile messages instead of 1000. If you put a link in a few words message on profiles, it will still say the max character number is being surpassed if the link has more than 420 characters.

EDIT: it's a bit annoying that stuff on main page is accessed on the right while resource forums stuff is accessed on the left.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Hmm, are there no more Awaiting Update/Substandard buttons for resources? It was easy to access them for moderation and stuff. Now to get to those resources you have to use the filters.

EDIT: OK, so the resources tab accessed through the profile shows substandard stuff as well but when going to a user's resources through the Resources button below the avatar, only Approved stuff is filtered.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Where is the status shown now?
I don't see it anymore. You can update it as before (the system says so on profiles) by posting a message on your own profile but there is no way to see the status unless you go to the place where/when the message was posted.

Level 18
Congratz to the staff for the new Hive! Yipi Hey! 🥂 (EMOJI!!! YEAH :D)

EDIT: Though there's something strange, I think I had like 800+ messages and now it says 700+. Not that I'm worried or concerned about that, just thought I would point out I think there are some messages missing).

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
EDIT: Though there's something strange, I think I had like 800+ messages and now it says 700+. Not that I'm worried or concerned about that, just thought I would point out I think there are some messages missing).
We are re-calculating posts. Some posts may accidentally have been moved to a moderation queue.

Also, EXP calculating will be done in 5 hours.

The [Role Playing Game] - Acolyte of Life thread has disappeared from the portal announcements :eek:

I like the look and feel of the new theme, however I'm not a huge fan of the header buttons. I feel they could be more "square" and right next to each other with no margin. Also the smaller buttons on the left hand side looks slightly "off" or out of place.

Nonetheless, good job on the theme to everyone who worked on it.

Is there a list over known bugs somewhere? Anyway, there seems to be an overflow issue with the streams notification when you scroll down far enough for the sticky header to appear.

I also think the streams notification should be purple rather than red, to differentiate that and the forum alerts. By leaving it purple it is more aligned with Twitch's colors.

EDIT: Also in the sticky header the icons appears extremely small when I'm viewing the portal and /forum pages. This does not happen if I am reading a thread for example.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.