• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Best user-made campaign for Warcraft III?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
The ones that are based on the books are the best because they are part of the warcraft lore and are so well made that look like the blizzard ones...
-Day of the Dragon
-Lord of the Clans (that stupid minigame of the pigs really piss me off)
-The Last Guardian (the camera screwed it but it's good anyway)

and the 2p campaign when its finished, although that's not a campaign XD

Reactions: Rui
Level 15
DIE PIGS!!!lol srry, also lord of the clans WAS pretty good(i'm stuck on killing aedalas blackmore though, DAMN sewege pipes!!!)
i also liked how in Day Of the Dragon you could be evil or good, a takes a sorta freelance do what ya want rpg feel.classes were nice too, i chose elementalist..

Level 8
It really depends on personal taste. Some campaigns are slow and methodical, others quick and action packed. Personally, I prefer a combination of the two. So I vote for OutsiderXE's swan song in the realm of WarCraft III; The Last Guardian.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

The Dwarf Campaign was easily the best campaign I've played so-far, its just really well made.

Level 18
I am still by the opinion that the Rowan the Wise campaign was more of a comedy of other user-made campaigns than anything else.
That's why it has so wierd and stupid plotlines. I mean, Uther gets persuaded to hunt for villagers and turns into a chicken to flee?
The gameplay was still fine and Blizzard-like, but that just makes it all the more better and does not mean it cannot be a comedy.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
EDIT: i can't seem to find wanderers of sorceria....
Try the official site.

The one campaign where they made like 40 maps based on wow areas and then quit and released all the models and sounds and what not Does not get any better than that
Which one are you talking about ? A link or something please ?

Level 23
The coming of the horde
http://staff.samods.org/deicide/episode1.htm

Starts with the orcs about to leave Dranor and ends a little before Stormwind's fall. An amazing campaign that requires you to be really good at normal warcraft (melee), but that also allows heroes to become VERY powerful (tomes and items hidden around the maps). Probably one of the best campaigns around. From both the Orc and Human perspective, though only a few missions are devoted to the Humans (they did not win many victories in the 1st war)

Rise of the Lich King
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/rise-lich-king-80422/?prev=r=20&extension=w3n&page=5

Another amazing campaign. It takes place after the frozen throne. The campaign is ridiculously hard, especially towards the end, but it is well worth it. The only problem I had with it was that it only allows you to play Arthas briefly (he is uber-strong). Shows the conflict from both sides.

Tactics Unleashed
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ter-1-a-80452/?prev=r=20&extension=w3n&page=4

Final Fantasy style game. Incredible story. Requires tactics and skill. While the game play is linear ( you cannot change the order that your battles take place ), there is a LOT of variety in the form of spells, weapons/armour and hidden treasures.

Hero RPG

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/herorpg-80408/?prev=r=20&extension=w3n&page=5

It has maybe 2 hours of game-play time, as it has not been finished. Pushing the warcraft 3 engine to the max (keeping in mind this is probably one of the oldest campaigns created), definitely worth the play just to see how amazing some people are at manipulating the warcraft engine.

Level 4
Fradz and Phodom would be sad to see so little people saying the chosen ones.
And i agree to the above post, Tactics unleashed was great and hero rpg is fucking fantastic (mind the swearing children!) even though i can never finish the bloody thing.
Dwarf campaign is also fantastic, that is, i believe, the one with the faceless ones and that goddamn confusing puzzle, i hope.

Level 3
The Chosen Ones by Aeroblyctos. Three hero story Of Phodom Fradz and Galeoth set in a wonderful world of Oelivert... Didn't yet get to play it all. But from what I already have, I can strongly say, it's AWESOME, just so you know, my standards are pretty high. It's 5/5

Level 5
This Wreckage , I think has the best story line , and the gameplay is awesome too. The map is made by RaoDaoZao. I think it is the best until Project Y4 comes out also made by RaoDaoZao , if you check out his map I think you will be amazed 'caouse nobody helped him , he made his models , systems etc. All by himself ... :thumbs_up:

Level 23
I know I already posted, but I feel as though this deserves a special mention.

The black company
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...0860/?prev=search=black%20company&d=list&r=20

Based on the first of the 12 or so books of the Black Company series. An amazing campaign, that also lead me to start reading the actual books, which were fantastic. This campaign will bring you into the world of the black company, and you will leave this campaign a changed man/woman.

5 Star!!!! Go Croaker!!!!!

Level 12
Dwarf Campaign is the best one for me since everything in it was so well made. Too bad they discontinued it. BTW, anyone know if there is any place where you can get the first chapter with voice-acting? I can't find it anywhere.

Also, the Norj'Hal Elves and The Troll War are both really good campaigns although it's been ages since I played any of them.

Level 2
id like to nominate turnro's campain the adventures of rowna the wise. Its 10 chapters long and has character sounds though not like warcrafts campaign.

Level 7
id like to nominate turnro's campain the adventures of rowan the wise. Its 10 chapters long and has character sounds though not like warcrafts campaign.

I also think the adventures of rowan the wise is the best campain here for many of those reasons... aswell as the fact that the campain has some comedy, and I can't forget the voice of nathan the mighty, That was hilarios!

Level 3
I played literally every noteworthy campaign on this website. All of the classics, all of the highly rated ones and I say The Chosen Ones by a long shot.

Campaigns not on this website are fair game though.

Never heard of Wanderers of Sorceria :O.

Oh wait nevermind I played it a long time ago. It was good but I didn't like the anime style much which is strange since I am an otaku. I made it pretty far but did not have the motivation to continue. :p

Level 3
Dwarf campaign

Turnro's Jeopardy for the Horde, Resurrection of the Scourge, The Adventures of Rowan the Wise

To the bitter end.

{EDIT}
Honestly,Wanderers of Sorceria 's Graphics is really ugly....dont like that style.
hope to improve the Graphics and icons in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.