1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Best user-made campaign for Warcraft III?

Discussion in 'Warcraft Discussion' started by Rui, Jan 22, 2012.

1. rcshaggy

rcshaggy

Resources:
    Resources:
    OutsiderXE campaigns, because I enjoyed reading the Warcraft Novels as a kid and glad he made them into a campaign, Joe's Quest: It was fun and really though out and the other spin-offs to go with it, Destiny never Dies from Ramza: it was a good experience, Dreamlord was a good series to play too, but the camera was annoying, Ascension Beta 1.1 it was a nice one as well, The Warcraft 1 remakes for the Frozen Throne: Was interesting to play them, because I never played Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, Nature's Call with both the spider one and its dragon sequel, Dwarf Campaign created by GG&K and it was awesome no matter what happened, The Last Druid was good too, even another remake of Warcraft 1 was ok called Fall of the Lion, Avatar of Ice was good to, Chosen Ones was awesome honestly, those spin-offs campaigns from the Warcraft Timeline is ok to play too, and finally Rise of the Blood Elves. Really good design and thought into the campaign. Really and basic too...

Here are the campaigns that I enjoyed and hope other people will have the time to enjoy them too.
    Edit: Just wanna add some more to my list.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  2. 2-P

2-P

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    To The Bitter End

3. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's really hard to pick just one, so I'll nominate my ten favorites:

Day of the Dragon
    Dwarf Campaign
    Lord of the Clans
    Mordork's Quest
    Shards of Resistance: The Raiders
    The Coming of the Horde
    The Last Druid
    The Last Guardian
    The War of Corruption (can't find this one)
    To the Bitter End

There are much more really good campaigns though. Maybe we could do like a top 25?

Thanks. :)

Yeah, I agree. Really bad campaigns are almost immediately deleted, so I think everything uploaded on Hive right now is worth playing through at least once.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  4. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Playing through To The Bitter End. Don't want to spoil anything - I'm at the 4th chapter at the moment, not counting the introduction. Pretty cool stuff, I must say. I think this is one of my favorites as well, now. ^^

5. McQvaBlood

McQvaBlood

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It will definitely be your favourite by the end.

6. Ognjen19

Ognjen19

Resources:
    Resources:
    One Orc Saga and Saga of Azeroth.......

7. clockwork2

clockwork2

Resources:
    Resources:
    i'd have to vote for the tales of rowan the wise, and the last guardian aswell as the day of the dragon. :grin:

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'd have to say this thread is a good idea.

9. defskull

defskull

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I'd say Chronovyx is the best campaign I had ever played.
    It has this unique idea and concept, but sadly, it is never completed and it's an abandoned project :(
    But the execution of idea, superb :)

Not talking about the gameplay or whatsoever, I'm talking about its originality and the idea and concept (that map has many bugs though and somewhat boring gameplay)

10. Illidan_Hunter

Illidan_Hunter

Resources:
    Resources:
    Joe's Quest Chronicles are the best campaigns created for Warcraft III.

11. machadomarrano

machadomarrano

Resources:
    Resources:
    The ones that are based on the books are the best because they are part of the warcraft lore and are so well made that look like the blizzard ones...
    -Day of the Dragon
    -Lord of the Clans (that stupid minigame of the pigs really piss me off)
    -The Last Guardian (the camera screwed it but it's good anyway)

and the 2p campaign when its finished, although that's not a campaign XD

12. clockwork2

clockwork2

Resources:
    Resources:
    DIE PIGS!!!lol srry, also lord of the clans WAS pretty good(i'm stuck on killing aedalas blackmore though, DAMN sewege pipes!!!)
    i also liked how in Day Of the Dragon you could be evil or good, a takes a sorta freelance do what ya want rpg feel.classes were nice too, i chose elementalist..

13. TheFairfield

TheFairfield

Resources:
    Resources:
    It really depends on personal taste. Some campaigns are slow and methodical, others quick and action packed. Personally, I prefer a combination of the two. So I vote for OutsiderXE's swan song in the realm of WarCraft III; The Last Guardian.

14. AyeKantSpel

AyeKantSpel

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dreamlord campaigns were awesome, OutsiderXE's and Soulreaver's were also great.

One I like best wasn't uploaded to Hive, but Hero RPG, even if it is a demo it was kick ass.

Also heroes of genesia was pretty decent.

15. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    In my opinion, Heroes of Genesia, To The Bitter End and The Chosen Ones were the best ones ive played.

16. Gyrosphinx

Gyrosphinx

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Joe's Quest is pretty much the one I had the most fun with, but I liked Mordok's Quest and that Raiders Platnium Something Something as well.

17. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Do you mean this one?

18. Gen Bloodhorn

Gen Bloodhorn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2012
  19. The Dwarf Campaign was easily the best campaign I've played so-far, its just really well made.

20. illmaster

illmaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Rowan the wise completed and has its own voice actor