1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Battledawn - The Aeon of Legend

Submitted by Neversleeping
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
「Battledawn - The Aeon of Legend」

By Neversleeping / PsiComa

Gameplay
[tr]
Relive the legendary conflict between the Alliance and the Horde on a vast, highly immersive battlefield!

Over twelve years in the making, Battledawn designed with a specific vision to create an epic Warcraft experience; involving elements of AoS-type maps yet more closely linked to the base game in both aestethics and mechanics, the focus of the development has been to create an immersive, realistic setting that feels like a war; waves of forces battle it out all across the map, teaming up and generating epic random battles, sieges with catapults against towers on hills and all kinds of interesting situations (just watching the map without playing is actually highly entertaining!) The Alliance and the Horde towns has entirely different designs blending logically into the terrain, and are carefully crafted with attention to detail in order to capture the concept and feeling of the two different factions.

In addition to heroes, players can train and command regular forces to command around the battlefield, enabling micromanagement from the base game. This includes flying units (even dragons!) that for instance can be sent behind enemy lines to engage enemy strongholds. Units have less health than original Warcraft, siege weapons have more damage and ranged units generally have longer range, in order to further distinguish the proper use of each unit type.

Battledawn lets players pursue a vast variety of strategies in order to win the battle, from fighting alongside your allied troops on the main battlefield to creeping, making Zeppelin drops, catapult sieges, mini-questing for legendary weapons, etc. At the same time, players vie for three control points on the map that offers tactical advantages. Each faction has unique selection of powerful (but expensive!) Legendary Artifacts available to obtain, again with quite different uses and designs. Both factions have access to the Dominie specifically, a one-charge item that will sacrifice the user to eradicate everything on the screen (even buildings) in a gargantuan explosion.

Each faction has six heroes that excel at different roles. About half of them can be recognized from the original Warcraft setting, but tweaked, reshaped and carefully balanced in order to fit into the game. Heroes can level to 15, meaning that all skills - including ultimates - have another attainable level. In addition a 14-level requirement skill that boosts your main attribute is added.
In addition to creeping and looting the landscape, gold are automatically generated by your buildings; Town Halls crate gold, Barracks produces computer controlled forces, while Keeps do both. Farms scattered around the land also generate a limited amount of gold. So protect what you can when they are under attack!
Different play modes; Battledawn detects the number of players on each side and automatically adjusts the settings of the map to make a fair fight. In the case there are no players on a faction, random Heroes will spawn and start to run around attacking and claiming control points. Thus the map has an interesting single-player and cooperative aspect. Also, when choosing spectator, both sides will start spawning heroes to add to the entertainment value.

One of the later patches that let Warcraft III run in HD resolution combined with an in-map function that lets you zoom a bit longer out than is possible in the base game , increased the visual experience (tighter textures) and playability (overview) a lot, and really helped resurrect the game for me. Hence, I decided to go ahead and finish it.
My development group have had a lot of fun throughout the years playing and developing this map side by side. I therefore hope I can share the experience with you guys, and therefore proudly presents Battledawn - The Aeon of Legend.
Just one word of warning; the map may appear relatively complicated and overwhelming on the first play-through, so I urge you to stick around for a second or third battle to really get feeling of all the nice features the map has to offer. Enjoy!

Screenshots
[tr]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Features
[tr]
Fast paced, immersive gameplay with high variety
Singleplayer, co-op, and spectator mode
High strategy; micro or macro
Exciting new items and interesting abilities
Simply: Awesome battles

Credits
[tr]
Alpha/Beta testers and developers:
The_Fatman for ideas and extremely qualified balancing advices and help, as well as for hours of pre beta-testing!
And thanks to my other pre-beta-testers, Zorander, woodenstone, Thunderbolt_A and Gray_Wanderer.

Technical:
Heartfelt thanks to the Hive Workshop community as we whole, whos insightness and help made this endeavor possible.
Too many to remember, but I'd like to thank Apathetic for directly helping me out with some animation issues.

Models, art etc.
Rao Dao Zao
Will the Allmighty
CrazyRussian
JetFangInferno
Daelin
And others...(will expand this list later)

Changelog
[tr]

Update 12-05-2015:
• HOTFIX! the previous version introduced a bug that could let units periodic spawn from buildings that were destroyed. Also, Alliance AI spawned Dragon too seldom.

Update 17-05-2015:
• Sappers "Kaboom" kamikaze ability is replaced with "Place TNT"; a timed barrel will be placed that explodes upon death. Reduced collision size for sappers.
• AI's are better at retreating from combat to fight another day.
• Difficulty of AI is somewhat moderated for 3 and 4 player co-op games. AI's income value will now affect spawn-rate, so that it is important to limit AI's income by destroying farms and town halls (and naturally, holding control points).
• Some adjustments in gold and mana cost on items and skills
• Fixed a bug that could happen if players selected heroes absolutely simultaneously
• Fixed a bug with the interaction between Flute of Accuracy and Trueshot aura.
• Expanded and opened up the mountain terrain a bit, and added a fountain of health.
• Several other terrain improvements.
• Units bought at the north-eastern goblin lab may no longer get stuck.

Update 16-01-2015:
• Fixed issue with control points that appeared with the last patch (sorry!)
• Some terrain improvemens
• Slight cost modifications on some units and items
This version is stable and will be the last in a while.

Update 10-01-2015:
• Computer controlled heroes will now defend better and smarter than on previous version.
• Generally more gold is earned in the game, allowing for more of the cool items and larger armies. Also, makes Town Halls as important as Barracks, as originally intended.
Control points also produce more gold, making them even more important.
• Terrain improvement on various places, both in cosmetics and easier to navigate. Mountain control point now has a second entry point.
• The gateway from forest to mountain is now much easier to use with large squads.
• Warning about how to use the potent but very dangerous Dominie item and Summon Spirit of Death is now added upon aquisition
• Wind Ranger got increased movement slightly increased.
• Fixed a problem with pop-up tips (for those who use that) appearing double.

Update 21-12-2014:
• Computer controlled heroes will now sometimes Town Portal back to defend important structures, much like human opponents.
• Reduced difficulty of player vs computer battles slightly
• Fixed a setting that made Heroes in multplayer vs computer battles level up very slowly
• Fixed several minor bugs and glitches

Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」

Keywords:
AoS, Strategy, team play, single player[/tr][/tr][/tr][/tr][/tr]
Contents

Battledawn - The Aeon of Legend (Map)

Reviews
08:41, 11th Oct 2014 Orcnet: "] Battledawn Aeon of Legend is one of those different types of AoS made with unique assets and different stage build unlike similar game types like this recently, the use of factory buildings as shops for your...
  1. Eagle XI

Eagle XI

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    He mentioned river in the north and circular isle to the west, ive gone to both places with zeppelin, both had an invincible obsidian statue, stand next to it use the keys, nothing happent. Can, fe. clicking on the questgiver npc during monologue bug this all and cause it to cycle among multiple statues ? Meanwhile we lost as alliance partying wild at the mainbase in our absence.
    Past a certain amount of spawn, the rest of 'garrison' should join in the next wave of their side, in the line they are in when that wave is passing nearby to prevent unit lag, as they are massing on the spot doing nothing.
    Also mere footmen dont really pose an obstacle for ninja-capping, maybe instead the garrison should be enhanced to include multiple troop types, at begin would spawn a few footman, then a few ranged, then an trio of knight/spellbreaker, with a pair of offensive casters next (and their horde equivelants), with the additional footman spawn being added as an multiplicator for the side controlling the points on their next wave in that line only, or perhaps globally.
    Maybe controlling all 3 points could give an combined bonus like an item price discount, faster recharge on hiring minions from base of own side only, etc ?
    Ive stated that the mountain pass route is clearly a line as opposed to the other 2 main routes of attack, as you cannot freely reach the upperground and require external aide in the form of an zeppelin or teleport scroll, to assist an teammate that happened to have took that route to farm in, making it an less preferable option than the other two.
    When we got an Griffon they got an Windrider, when 3 knights spawn here wolfriders in an amount that would be equal to their combat strength spawns over there for them, here comes 3 catapults and our 3 ballista are rolling towards them. Not always necessarily in the same line, and frequently in the opposite concerning spawns on the side lines.
    Either you have carefully tooled the waves to be "asymetrically symetrical" and i like it, or perhaps have been very lucky to have such balanced spawns generated totally randomly and its not this good at its default. Im not sure now :p
    Well, thats just me, after a ten thousand battles anything feels the same.
    I have to state whilst here is indeed room for improvement, the idea itself isnt that terrible, and most certainly would be fun enough to be enjoyed for playing with/amongst normal people.
    Id say dont give up and clean the leaks even further, as much as possible. No any real annoyance here other than that lag.

2. Neversleeping

Neversleeping

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmm.. I'll have to go through this when I get back to my workdesk. I'll investigate what happened, fix and streamline the thing. Sorry about this. I'm puzzled why it doesn't work now when it has been tested many times and been used several during actual games.

Thanks for the ideas! I'll see what I can manage to implement.

I agree. But then again, if you DO go that way, it's harder for the opponents, using the easier option, to stop you when taking out the Great Hall or whatever you're doing up there. It's just a geometrical feature that impacts a bit on the overall strategy.

Well, yes, in fact, normal spawns are 1 random out of 12 possible "batches" of units. We could have added more such batches, but since everyone runs different ways, some units are faster or slower, catching up and mixes with previous batches, and because the waypoints underway may split a single batch into two lesser forces going separate ways, everyhing just kind of mixes up. I could definitely add more combinations, but if I touched the base unit spawn mechanism now, I would go through a new nightmare of balancing a non-symmetrical system. There's really no other way than running the map over and over repeatedly to get the macro-statistics in place; when I started making the map some 10 years ago, for several months I never went to sleep or leave for school without having the game run standard batches against eachother and write up the statistics of who won and which stronghold that fell first. It would off course have been much easier to do like dota and say that the same batch spawns and goes the same way, and the exact same units does the same on the opposite end of the corridor. That scheme can actually be set up in a matter of minutes.. it's so easy, but still the world loves it, so I guess joke's on me.

Thanks, man. I'll try to keep improving it. Sorry for the lag, that's a total deal-breaker. I just got lazy on the leak-hunt when I saw that it worked on the systems of guys I played with.

3. Unkn0wN_Merchant

Unkn0wN_Merchant

Resources:
    Resources:

That means 1 thing ...
    I'm dumber than the A.I. XD

4. Neversleeping

Neversleeping

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hehehe! absolutely not, good sir. But the game difficulty is adjusted for a group of players that has played the map extremely much. I totally understand that it's a bit overwhelming at first try. Hence my intended update-to-come with variable difficulty from 1-10 or something like that.

5. Eagle XI

Eagle XI

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    here are some ideas for difficulty.
    1v1: as its name implies mainly for exploring the map as there spawns only a single AI hero on opposite team.
    scenariolike(for coop?): at begin spawns one hero for the AI, then more over time dependant on how far you have progressed in demolishing the hostile base. If you managed to be real quick on your own its possible to delay the arrival of next opponent hero or even reduce the total hostile hero count to be spawned(however total cant fall below 2 heroes against you at a time)
    blood for the bloodgod: spawns entire enemy team, adhering to unique pick rule, at round end displays timer about how long you managed to hold out. If something really weird happens and you manage to win 1v5 sends your name to hall of fame.

I just thought of something. What if the heroes would have only one limited life(right to respawn) at game start and to get additional will have to buy ankhs (eg. ankhs would disappear and contribute +1 respawn).

The only other map i ever liked of this genre is StarBattle in Sc2 and at there is absolutely no respawn whatsoever, once you are gone its over for you, the matches are very intense there, altough the context is very different alltogether(theme is space ships so everyone has ranged attack, etc.). Remembering that thought maybe there can be an "-norespawn mode" for PvP here, everyone would have only one life but start out with more gold and at one higher level than usual.

6. Neversleeping

Neversleeping

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm working on a instructional video about the mod, and made 1 one minute intro to it. Rest to follow later.

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not interesting or useful having normal Warcraft III spells with different icons.

8. Neversleeping

Neversleeping

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The intention was to use the true Warcraft III heroes to the largest extent possible, to retain the Warcraft feeling.
    The icons was changed because they look better. I don't see why this would be such a negative thing.