• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battlecraft: Warpath

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Battlecraft is a melee type map with 3 new races. It shows the rival between the most intelligent creatures that live on the island Hurlinz.

Gnollros
Gnollros are a race of peaceful creatures that had their original home, the city Qwenit, invaded by the Necsit who turned it into a web nest. They were forced to run away south where they lived near the beaches of Ferlinga. They started training their own soldiers and soon discovered the art of magic. After several years of being unnoticed they were attacked by the sea empire, the Tideran, who burned down everything they had left. Only a few of the Gnollros race survived and their new home was undiscovered for many, many years. It was even said that they were dead at some point. The war between the Necsit legion and the Tideran empire started and nobody thought that the Gnollros will return, seeking revenge, stronger and smarter than ever...

Tideran
The Tideran empire was formed many years before the Necsit and the Gnollros races even came to be. Back then they were the rulers of the southern and northern ends of the island. One day their northern city was invaded by the Necsit race and that is when they found out that they are no longer the only intelligent creatures on the land. After that they spent their time building walls to protect their southern city, because they were afraid they might get attacked again. Shortly after that they noticed that a new race, the Gnollros, was living near their beaches. They went out and destroyed the home of the Gnollros creatures, because they didn't want to lose any more of their lands. Shortly after the Tideran felt strong enough to start a war with the Necsit race so they can try to reclaim their northern city. They fought every day until a few years later the Gnollros came back stronger than ever to join the battle and that's where we stand now...

Necsit
The Necsit creatures are a very offensive creatures that reproduce and evolve faster than any other creatures on the planet. It's unclear how they managed to get to the island so fast, but many speculate that they used underground tunnels. After only a few days their forces were so strong that they came out of nowhere and invaded the Gnollros city Qwentit, making it their new home... but they were not satisfied with what they had. After a short period of time they attacked north where they smashed one of the cities of the Tideran creatures. Their legion was growing everyday and they were getting stronger and even gaining more intelligence. The Tideran race declaired a war on them, hoping to get their city back. They fought every day until a few years later the Gnollros forces surprisingly came to change the war forever...

What I have planned is to make more maps, using the same units and triggers, but only changing the terrain. Right now I'm trying to find out if people will like the map and will there be any bugs. So this map is called Warpath and it's a 2v2 Battlecraft map. Get it ?

[broke="Mephestrial
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Misha
paulH
skrab
HappyTauren
Gottfrei
General Frank
Callahan
jigrael
Denu
RightField"]Credits[/broke]

Playing as the Gnollros
War3%202010-08-18%2000-17-24-87.jpg

Playing as the Tideran Empire
War3%202010-08-18%2000-13-13-00.jpg

Playing as the Necsit Legion
War3%202010-08-18%2000-08-35-81.jpg

I just took these screenshots in singleplayer and I will be adding more when I get footage with people.

The map is not protected (anymore) so feel free to edit it.

Keywords:
battlecraft, battle, melee, craft, gnollros, necsit, tideran
Contents

Battlecraft: Warpath (Map)

Reviews
19:50, 17th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected See bounty's review.

M

19:50, 17th Aug 2010
ap0calypse: Rejected

See bounty's review.

Level 4
the triggers leak where ? There are like 10 simple triggers that have never had a problem...
Edit: The terrain is somewhat better and now you are allowed to play singleplayer without being kicked... so can this map be reviewed again please ?

Last edited:
Level 4
I went to read some tutorials on Memory Leaks and I think I fixed all of them in the triggers. I also re-did the terrain so it looks a lot better now IMO.
If you have some free time please give it a check :)

I'm sorry I about all the problems I caused with that map and I'm really happy that it got rejected so I can make it better.

And also thank you for making me learn about Memory Leaks - I didnt even know that such a thing existed :D

Level 3
Hello :) ok so I tested out the map with the Necsit race. Not much to complain about it seems like a simple 2v2 map. While playing the Necsit I did notice the creation of blighted land was delayed, I would build a building but the area around it wouldnt immediately start to form blight. I didnt have to wait long but its still took longer than the amount of time a regular undead building would take. The terrain is.....odd.....the tilesets and doodads seem fine to me but you have some areas where water was just randomly added and other areas are really bumpy. I felt that the starting area is a little small but you do have room to add the buildings you need thanks the the smart choice of making the buildings small. The units along with some of the buildings have interesting abilities and I really enjoyed the unit you could summon from your food supplies, it makes a good quick defense. Im also a big fan of using custom models and the ones you used were great. I dont know to much about triggers so i cant help you there (sorry :p ). You will need to improve the map but it should turn out to be a fun game.

Level 4
I made the blight thing delayed on purpose because the idea is that the Necsit swarm is suppose to get bigger each second or whatever. And about some unbuilding bug, there is no such thing. If you choose Necsit then yes, you can't build in the beginning because there is no blight. And you cant build near the trees - I made it like that because if you can build a main base exactly next to the trees you can harvest them instantly and it ruins the game.
Thankyou MJC008 for the comment | +rep

Level 18
Battlecraft Warpath Review

Battlecraft Warpath is a Altered Melee type of map made by ?.

The map is very bad. It seems that you had just discovered how to import things in a map and you imported as much stuff as you could to show it off. 8mb? Was the interface necessary? It really didn't fit at any level.

The terrain is bad aswell. The blizzard cliffs are just ugly, use the height tool. The symmetry of it all is so painful. The shrubs and flowers are placed in such an unnatural way. Work on the terrain, read tutorials, ask for help for the terrain.

The races? Nothing interesting, nothing new. Just some buildings, units upgrades. No new cool things that you should really add if you want to make this map interesting in any way. Special abilities or anything that comes to your mind. This is just way to boring.

The race selection via dialog is bad aswell. You have three races with names that mean nothing to a new player. You should add some explanations to the races, and make the choice so a player knows what he is choosing. Not a lottery.

In conclusion, as I allready said in the beginning, a very bad map. I suggest a start from scratch, since in my opinion, this is beyond repair. Terrain, make it more interesting, elaborate the races. You have a lot to work on.

Last edited: