Bandit Lord

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Long time ago I wanted to make some knight by using Malfurion's animations, when I started working on him he kinda looked more like bandit so I just reworked it a bit and made a Bandit lord. :p Btw, the mounted Malfurion model is really a pain, I couldn't open it in matrix eater, don't know why.
It's a old work of mine, thought of optimizing and upload it. Hope people will find use for it. Give credits and all. :p

Update: Added human bloodsplats. Added portrait model. Changed some keyframes in the stand ready animation to fix the movement a little. Scaled up the shoulder pads as I thought they were small.
Contents

Bandit Lord (Model)

Bandit Lord_Portrait (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Updates are applied and model works in-game. Nice work.
Level 32
Joined
Dec 29, 2014
Messages
1,779
Yeah, OK. That's pretty cool. The sword is shaped weird (what's that bulge in the middle?), and the horse has weird spikes on his helmet... But overall I'd say it's pretty fine. Warcraft-y & all that.
Just wanted to make something that doesn't look like simple sword, y'know. Yeah, the spikes are really weird now, but it's warcraft. :D
 
Looks really great. A few issues to be fixed though:
  • It has no portrait camera. (Portrait animations would be highly desirable too)
  • Its bloodsplats are Night Elven. (Purple blood doesn't seem to fit it)
  • (Optional fix) Its attacks don't finish very smoothly at Stand Ready. You could change a few keyframes to make ends meet there.
Awaiting update.
 
Level 8
Joined
Jan 25, 2017
Messages
213
Btw, the mounted Malfurion model is really a pain, I couldn't open it in matrix eater, don't know why.

Omgerd, I feel your pain. I just found this out the other day when trying to edit a model based on mounted Malfurion. But first I thought it was an issue with the model I was using, and then after reinstalling Matrix Eater/trying everything I finally attempted to open the original file and got the same error codes.

EDIT: Awesome model btw ^^ especially the horse
 
Level 32
Joined
Dec 29, 2014
Messages
1,779
Omgerd, I feel your pain. I just found this out the other day when trying to edit a model based on mounted Malfurion. But first I thought it was an issue with the model I was using, and then after reinstalling Matrix Eater/trying everything I finally attempted to open the original file and got the same error codes.

EDIT: Awesome model btw ^^ especially the horse
But there is a way to fix this. I'll just leave a quote Retera wrote himself.

Glad to hear you like it!

There's a bug with the Malfurion model that the name of one animation is, instead of "Stand Ready", set to "Stand Ready

"

In other words, it contains the ASCII "new line" character telling it to go to another line in the file, and this broke stuff in the Matrix Eater. If you can manage to convert Malfurion to MDL with a different program, you can just change the animation name to avoid this Matrix Eater bug. Perhaps I'll upload a fixed version of the program soon, but it means having it look for this strange special case.

You can see in the MDL block, MalFurion has:

Code:
    Anim "Stand Ready






" {
        Interval { 75667, 76667 },
        MinimumExtent { -182.496994, -147.304001, -93.549103 },
        MaximumExtent { 191.195007, 200.020996, 240.339005 },
        BoundsRadius 258.579987,
    }

... and it will work in the Matrix Eater if you change it to:

Code:
    Anim "Stand Ready" {
        Interval { 75667, 76667 },
        MinimumExtent { -182.496994, -147.304001, -93.549103 },
        MaximumExtent { 191.195007, 200.020996, 240.339005 },
        BoundsRadius 258.579987,
    }

I hope that helps!
 
Top