1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey guys, we've posted the Results for the 30th Modeling Contest. Check them out!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Azeroth Reimagined 1.0.10b

Submitted by Linkin
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Azeroth Reimagined
Created by Linkin

Map Info

The Grand Strategy Sandbox RPG of this game come from the fact that you spawn into this world with in a randomly selected location with no clue about your surrounding other than the layout.

You are immediately faced with the choice of picking your faction, which in turns gives you a ton of choices later on how you want the faction to play like. On your first play-through you may end up as the Mage-Empire of controlling the North Kingdoms or the you may end up as the Dwarven-Giant Vikings from the Land of the South Seas with different units available for you.
Now while you shit your pants thinking about the amount of failures you can do within the first minute of gameplay you should instead explore your surroundings and build your first base, if your lucky you may find a player nearby who wants you as their ally, or you could be unlucky to find a trio of pros ready to gank your sorry ass.

The game offer a semi-advance introduction, the will ask you if you need help and if you accept it will tell you over the time of the game the tips for the faction you picked. It will check what faction you took and only give advice on that faction.

The lands you will explore in this game is not the regular static zones you find in other games, the land actually affects your units in positive or negative ways. You enter a zone which is snowy and cold, this could mean that your soldiers freezes and have a lower movement speed than normal or you may enter a desert which due to lower amount of food and water makes your units regenerate health slower.
Not only that but you can capture Artifacts around the world that will positively effect you in some way, everything from the Water Temple which grants you sight of the island it is built upon, the surrounding waters and a movement speed buff to all units including naval ones if they are close enough. Or you may find the White Tower which grants your units with a strong mana regeneration aura which cowers 25% of the map. Some of these Wonders are tied together with events like the Iron Throne which requires you to capture certain objectives to open up its power, everything to summon a demi-Hero to your side to change the flow of the map by alternating the zones themselves.

Heroes are also a very important part of this map, they are the leaders of your custom faction and can make or break your strategy. All Heroes are carefully made with combos and fun in mind, if they aren't fluid they are to be removed or changed for the positive. In the future there will be videos to showcase the power of well used Heroes.

TL;DR

This game refer itself as a "Grand Strategy Sandbox RPG"
Custom and changeable factions, meaning you can play the same faction as your ally but have totally different units.
The game offers intrigue in the ways of open alliances.
Zones may affect the overall health of your units.
There are great artifacts that you can capture to help you dominate the other players.
Heroes are important, I have made effort to make them fun.
Custom Naval Warfare, it is very different from other warcraft maps.

Screenshots and Videos

Terrain Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Videos

Video Description:
Azothan plays through a older version of the map, one day he will surely give it another go!

Change Log

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Credits

Disclaimer
I like any other are prone to make errors and you may have not been properly credited for the resource you have created that I use or you may have aided me in another way which you think you should be credited for.
Use the private message function on either Hiveworkshop.com or Diplo to contact me.

Models, Icons and Textures

AndrewOverload519 - Guardian of the Crescent Moon
Anvil - Gate model
assasin_lord - HeroGlow model
BlackDoom - Thorium Armor icon
13lackDeath - Ebon Blade icon
Bigapple90 - Holy Aura, Witchhunt & Blood Thrall icons
Blood Raven - Snow Pile model
Bloody_Turds - Thunder Spear icon
Buster - Palm Trees model
cotd333 - Myocardial Infarcation model
Crazyrussian - Command Bottoms, Myocardial Infraction, Reincarnation, Sacred Water icons
Darkfang - Maelstrom Icon
Deolrin - Trireme Model & Icon.
Devine - Blood Missile Model
Eubz - Bamboo model
Fingofin - Dalaran Wall model. New Road & Thick Grass texture.
hellblazer-14 - Nice Brush model
HerrDave - Berry Bush model,
Horn - Defender model, Defender icon
JesusHipster - Keg Missile
JetfangInferno - Grounding Aura model
Kellym0 - Aurora Model
Kel'Thuzad - Cursader Aura model. Medium Weapon & Horse icon.
Kimbo - Predator icon
Kitabatake - Farm model
Kola - Arcanelight icon
Kugneghetz - BrownBalverine icon
Lender - Web model
Levigeorge1617 - Stormlash Aura model
L_Lawliet - Searing Flames icon
[Unknown Hive-User] - Holy Aura icon
Mainy [War Golum] - Magical Weapon icon
Marcos DAB - Conductivity & Unleashed Flame icons
Mc ! - Whirlpool model, Cursed Armor icon
Mephestrial - Blacksmith model
MortAr - New Interface icons
Mr.Goblin - Tempest icon
Mystic - Aura icons
Nasrudin - Scrub & Grass model
NFWar - Heavy Weapon, Light Armor, Medium Armor, Heavy Armor, Magical Armor, Flank Speed icons
nGy - Fusion Slash model
Norinrad - Phalanx model
NightSkyAurora - Stormlash Aura model
Palaslayer - Glaive of the Soul Huntress icon
Sin'dorei300 - Onslaught, Excessive Drinking, Magecutter icons. Dragon Priest model
Paladon - Searing Chain icon
Peekay - Soulstone icon
PrinceOfFame - Holy Sword icon
Pyritie - Flameshot Aura model
Sellenisko - Housecarl & Magecutter model,
<STRYDERZERO> - Mountain texture
The Panda - Holy Restoration icon
Tranquil - Phalanx, Dwarven Catapult models
UgoUgo - Ebon Knight icon. Pyroblast model
Uncle Fester - Mandrake model
WhiteDeath - Ebon Knight, Blue Projectile & Favoured One models
xDeathknightx - Enchanted Armor icon
zbc - Wrath of the Juggernaut icon
Zwiebelchen - Ice Models
4eNNightmare - Lethal Arrow, Fiery-Spirit Aura icons
67chrome - Shadowsoul Mistress skin, Skeleton models.
-Berz- - Fire Torrent icon

Triggers

Assassins-Creed - Helping during early Alpha.
Ap0calypse - Helping during early Alpha.
Dayne - Sharing semi-complex triggers, which taught me much.

General Helpful

Krotos - he is behind 20% of all references hidden in the game.
DSgamer - Terrain advisory, has done major terraining projects such as 60% of Pandaria and 90% of Outland.

Images and Videos
Pharaoh_ - Intro Image

Special Thanks To; Kawaliti for the UI!

Keywords:
Azeroth, RTS, 12 players, Sandbox, Strategy, Diplomacy, Diplomunion, Naval Warfare.
Contents

Azeroth Reimagined 1.0.10b (Map)

Reviews
13:36, 3rd Jan 2016 StoPCampinGn00b: Approved, perhaps I'll drop a review later and rating later.
  1. 13:36, 3rd Jan 2016
    StoPCampinGn00b: Approved, perhaps I'll drop a review later and rating later.

2. Linkin

Linkin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Do not be afraid to criticize the map.

Edit:
    This page was made in a rush, I will correct and make the format a bit nicer tomorrow.

3. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lovely description. It seems like the map's category, despite it not being Azeroth Wars, should be Strategy / Risk from my understanding of the description.

Cheers Linkin.

4. apcrabnightlive

apcrabnightlive

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I can't play the map. It exits the Warcraft III as soon if finishes loading.

5. Linkin

Linkin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've updated the description and you are absolutely correct about the tags.

Thanks! ^^

It works for me, anyone else have the same problem?

6. Valandil

Valandil

Resources:
    Resources:
    No problems to playing this, all seems to work .
    I love the terrain! The Gilneas is so beautiful! Good luck and Long life to this project!

P.S. have you show this map to Azothan ?

7. Linkin

Linkin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    He said that he would play the map last year, but I told him to wait until the map gets good. We haven't contacted each other since, and I haven't planned to contact him atm.

Feels more right if he tries it out of his own curiosity rather than on request.

8. Linkin

Linkin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So this minor balance patch I wanted to release won't be coming. Instead I found myself with a pretty decent sized patch coming around the same time as the old one was planned. 1.1.01 will feature new improved terrain on Eastern Kingdom, a new naval unit called the Highwind Totem and a few key balance changes that will change of some units play.

I will try to release a image tomorrow on how the new terrain will look like. Zug zug.

9. Linkin

Linkin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Here are a few images on how the current terrain looks like on Eastern Kingdom. No fancy camera angles or camera heights, this is how it will look while you play.

Terrain Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Legal_Ease

Legal_Ease

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    holy crap!!! 5/5

11. CafeSaiGon

CafeSaiGon

Resources:
    Resources:
    New screenshot in gameplay

[​IMG]

12. epicfree

epicfree

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wholly shit this map look gorgeous as fuck,also i fucking like the way you make things "before" they were corrupted or changed,lastly the monument you make like the white tower,azhara ruin,the lost guardian isle are freaking gorgeous,pandaria is 10/10

13. epicfree

epicfree

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Lack of Divercity on Outland/Dranor is kinda disturbing,but the way you make Silithus green and blackrock area cold is REALLY FUCKING GREAT,also fyi the Crystalsong forest in Northern should be filled with crystal or crystal like tree i guess..

Now all you need is to include Broken Isles,Quel-danis isle? (isles near Quel-thalas),Kezan(goblin),Tol-Barad and Alcaz and Maelstrom and it'll be the best Azeroth MAP EVER!!

14. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Really nice terrain!

15. Raider Neoh

Raider Neoh

Resources:
    Resources:
    This map is pretty cool but I have a question:

Some researches require some "future patch", what does this mean? Do I have to install some maps to research the researches?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  16. Linkin

Linkin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It means that it will be available in a future version.

17. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just played your map a little and gained some impressions:

1) You used the fog doodad excessively, wherefore some regions have quite the fps drop, especially when paired with custom camera distance. It surely looks nice, but playability is more important, if you ask me.

2) The application of many abilities is not made directly clear, talking about heroes for example and have seemingly unnecessary long texts. I admire your effort, but, if i'm not mistaken, such things take away from approachability, which is important, even more for new maps.

Again, very nice terrain and one can easily see the huge effort you put into this project.

18. Jocker

Jocker

Resources:
    Resources:
    Want my personal opinon 5/5.
    1. point on the high ress terrain.
    2. point on the high ress unit models and icons.
    3. point on upgrades and units.
    4. point on the places where doodads are placed.
    and 5. point for making gameplay awesome with only 3 races(even if ones isnt finished).

19. Linkin

Linkin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Bump, who knows, maybe an update in the works.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017