• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Avoiding Operation Limit (GUI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Greetings, I would like to ask how to practically avoid op limit
for example I have a trigger
event - cast an ability
action - deal damage, create special effect etc...
If I want to avoid op limit, what should I do?
divide it into 2 trigger? like
Trigger 1
event - cast an ability
action - save variables, run trigger 2
Trigger 2
action - deal damage, create sfx etc...
I also know that timer creates a new thread so if it is ok?
Trigger 1
event - cast an ability
action - save variables, run a timer
Trigger 2
event - Timer end
action - deal damage, create sfx etc...

edit: i can read and do some simple jass... so please tell me what to do if it is necessary to do in jass

Thanks for reading and replying

Last edited:
Level 5
Not 100% sure, but isn't wait 0.00 reseting the count? However it will allow other triggers to run before returning.

Level 3
anyone can help me please?
I keep hitting op limit right now...
( i am working on dividing the triggers into two... a huge work... dont know whether if it works )

Level 3
emm I am new to this forum, I don't know how to paste triggers
I am making an ORPG so most of my triggers are spells like this

Trigger example

Event -
Unit cast an AoE

Condition -
Ability = 'xxxx'

Action -
Pick units around loc
- dealing damage
- adding SFX
and then removing leaks etc. nothing special

Level 5
you can use ["trigger"] copy the trigger text and use ["/trigger"] to close the tag without the " (check using preview).
However if you realy reach the limit it's probably rather much, so it probably would be better to copy one trigger into a new map and upload it here, you can just use copy paste between maps. Also then I won't need to recreate it if necesary.

Level 3
I can't use vanilla WE at the moment, did not use custom UI api so I think you can open it.
Thanks

Attachments

• Thanks.w3x
    26.5 KB · Views: 20
Level 5
I can't use vanilla WE at the moment, did not use custom UI api so I think you can open it.
Thanks
I don't know what world editor you are using, so I exported the jass script and importet it.
However, everything runs fine for me. So I don't see any problems...

Level 3
My situation now is that I have some more spells created and then some trigger does not work anymore ( obvious to notice since the map init trigger does not run)
I tried to add wait 0.00 in some triggers that does not work and it works again.
My concern is that what should I do to make the map init trigger works ( so no any other triggers stop ) without deleting triggers.
again, thanks for replying

Level 3
But I only have an action that play music in map init trig, the others I already put into like Elapsed 1s etc.
wait 0.00 seems successfully create another thread for triggers to run. But still why map init trigger and some triggers ( the most lately created ) does not work?
btw, call TriggerEvaluate() also creates new thread right? is it true that I just put it in front of my actions is ok? is it better than wait 0.00 since wait 0.00 would make triggers conflict if I declare globals?

EDIT: I would like to at least keep this action in the map init trigger since I know something goes wrong if I can't hear music after loading. Or this is inevitable?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.