• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

At what game speed do you play?

At what game speed do you play WC3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the right forum.

I am in the midst of making a rather large map and suddenly this question occurred to me while I was testing a spell.
"At what game speed does most people play?".

The reason this question came to mind was a triggered spell with "waits".
I have optimized it for "normal" game speed (which is my default) so I was confused when my waits did not run exactly as I had planned when I tested the map from within the editor.

After a double check I found that when testing a map from the editor the game speed is set to "fast" even if my default was "normal". This was the reason for the waits not working correctly.

Now. Before I optimize more of my spells to normal game speed I would love to know what game speed the majority plays.

Note:
It is a single player map so the waits will not interfere with anything.

Please vote.

Level 10
The default game speed for WarCraft III is fast game speed, for which the vast majority of games are hosted and played.

Level 5
Aren't there actually five game speeds? I don't think I've played any other than "fastest."

Level 13
By all means, stay away from waits as has been said numerous times, but you can presume that everyone is playing on the Fastest possible speed, as it is default on WC3 and no one changes it, it really does nothing but make a feeling a "lag."

Aren't there actually five game speeds? I don't think I've played any other than "fastest."

Actually there is.
Ingame however, you can only choose either of the three; Slow, Normal or Fast.

I know you all suggest I stay away from waits. Understandable. And usually I do just that.
However I have encountered some cases where it would be quite the inconvenience not to use them, thus I do.

So far the picture is quite clear about the poll. Fast seems to be the game speed of choice.

Last edited:
While I do also use timers, there are times where it is simply too impractical. Some of my spells require several waits and to set an individual timer each time is just too much hassle.
Especially when it is a singleplayer map.

If your spell is requiring waits so many, go index it.

No. It's only Slow, Normal and Fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.