• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ashenvale Adventurers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Ashenvale Adventurers (RPG/ORPG)

This map that is my current project is an RPG or even an ORPG, it is going to be for two players, you will get some information by reading the storyline and gameplay. (1 player serving the night elves and the other one serving the orcs.)

Storyline:
In the Ashenvale forest, the Sentinels and the Warsong Clan are still at war, the elves are defending the forest from the orcs, trying to prevent them from destroying the forest by cutting the trees and construct a fortress in that region. And the orcs of the warsong are destroying the region by cutting the trees and constructing additional structures in it.
But they can not do all of this by themselves. The human heroes from Stormwind and the orc chieftains from Orgrimmar are here to help the Night Elves and the Orcs.

Gameplay:
1. Choose one of four unique classes of Paladin, Mage, Priest and Hunter (Alliance) or Warrior, Rogue, Warlock and Shaman (Horde) and serve the faction you are standing for.
2. Look around and meet the units that have quests for you, complete the quests and gain Experience, Gold and sometimes items and/or equipments.
3. Kill Creeps for bounty and experience. (Not all creeps have bounty)
4. Buy a new gear for your self and go forth.
5. Fight against the enemy hero (Enemy hero can be a player).
6. Defeat the enemy commander in a duel to make them retreat and go back to another friendly region.

Credits
Models

-

Attachments

HappyTauren
kitabatake
ikillforyou
Forgotten_Warlord
Archangel_Tidusx

Icons

WoW Icons (Blizzard)

Here is the 30% completed map for testing, I had a short time and could only create the paladin:
Test Map
Removed because of no reviews
And a question I had that will make this map even better,
How to limit the items you can carry, like you can't carry two weapons or two shields at once, except warriors and rogues that can dual wield.

Will be updated soon
Good Luck

Last edited:
Level 15
Looks cool, but if it is an ORPG with two fractions, how come only 2 players can play? If they both have orc heroes... it won't be interesting. Make it at least 4v4/5v5. That's my suggestion.

And post some screenies. Makes the project presentation look even better :)

Good luck! (+rep for cool idea)

Level 10
Thanks for the fast review on this project and the idea, well two players is for the first part, if the map goes on well and known as a good and recommended map by moderators, I will create more maps like this with more players and add instances that you have to complete them with your friends and/or adding elite quests.

And I will add screenshots when the map is over 50% complete and more things are added in it.

+Rep for suggestion and quick review.

Status
Not open for further replies.