• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Adventurers Story (RPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hello readers.

A while ago I started on this RPG with great hope and great idea's.
Before this I was making an other RPG called SecondSight RPG. But I had so much major improving idea's I had to start over.
I changed really everything!

Here's some little information:

Story:
Here's some basic information about how the races live, what their priorities are and their sworn enemies:

in "short":

Humans/Barbarians: The humans have had different wars on earth and have suffered great losses. They were spreaden in 2 seperated places. 2 strong fortifications have been made by the Humans. Earth Shatter Stronghold and Gryphonwing Keep. The Earth Shatter humans live in the Cold Deserts and the Gryphonwing humans in the Silver Lands. After different wars, the Cold Desert humans betrayed their allies the dwarves to step to the dark side and alliance with the Undead to gain dark powers and regain strength.
They called themselves "The Chosen". Many call them the Chaos warriors, or Nun'Daril, but most know them as 'The Barbarians'. Barbarians sworn to serve the master of death, and therefor they got dark powers and sometimes even mutations to increase their strength on the battlefield.

Dwarves: The Dwarves are best in building fortifications and engineering vehicles. However the Dwarves suffered from the Undead too. Their allied Cold Desert inhabitants betrayed them by defeating their king 'Karaz Durn'. After the loss of their king the Green warriors (Orcs & Goblins) from Or'Dramor Fortress gathered forces to attack the mighty city of Muringrad. The Dwarves needed allies to defend theirself. There they met the other ('good') humans from Gryphonwing Keep, and the Shining Phoenix elves from Eataine Point.

Elves/Dark Elves: The Elves always lived peacefully in Sunfire Forest until the trolls came into their forest. The elves had many ages of war with the trolls but never found an opportunity to defeat the trolls because of the help of the Orcs and Goblins. However, when the tranquility was about to come back the Undead came on earth and created fear and terror in the Sunfire Forests. Some Elves couldn't resist the power of the Necromancer Lord Zeekesh and followed him as their master. These elves are now called the Dark Elves.
After the betrayal of the Dark Elves, the elves created an alliance called the Shining Phoenix. The Shining Phoenix won't rest till all Dark Elves are dead.
The Dark Elves first tried to settle in the Red Steppes, but got defeaten by the orcs. The Dark elves now live in the Black Marshes of the Silver Lands. This once living land now only consists of death and dry area's with giant rocks and cliffs.

Orcs: The orcs always lived in the Red Steppes with the Goblins. Orcs are low intellectual creatures that can't feel pain. Orcs can become a deadly foe after taking damage because orcs' strength increases the more damage it takes. After the Dark Elves came to their lands, the orcs had an enemy again, and gathered forces together with the Goblins to defeat their Enemy.
This was one of the heaviest battles in ages. Thousands of greenlings and Dark Elves died. Some say the spirits of the lost orcs and dark elves still haunt in this part of the Red Steppes. The Orc stronghold is called Or'Dramor Stronghold.

Trolls: The trolls are highly skilled survivalists and can live in almost every area. Trolls have only had conflicts with the Elves. Trolls are an overall peaceful race. They live from the nature by hunting animals down. The Troll main city is called Zul'Kajin. This city is built in the tree's of the Sunfire Forest.

Goblins: The goblins always lived with the Orcs in the Red Steppes. Their intelligence is far above that from the orcs however they get tortured and bullied alot by the orcs. However that made the Goblins stealthy and sneaky. Goblins know alot about engineering, and can create deadly mechanics to serve them and their allied orcs. The goblins however, haven't got a city of their own. They always pended on the Orc stronghold Or'Dramor.

Undead: The undead were for always banished by the Elven Dragonlord Dramesh after the fourth war on earth. However, after a miracle (i won't reveal yet) they were released from their suffering and banishment, and they wen't to haunt the earth again. They needed mortal followers, and succeded in getting humans and elves to their side. Now called Barbarians and Dark Elves. The Undead only want to cause fear and hatred amongst all on earth and in the end they will try to defeat the Dark Elves and Barbarisns too.
The main city of the Undead is called Umbra Chaotica. This city is completely invisible at night.

Here are some Screenshots. More comming soon, these were made in a rush. But I promise betters will come soon.
wc3scrnshot083108224607np3.jpg

wc3scrnshot083108225450sl1.jpg

wc3scrnshot083108225112gl2.jpg

wc3scrnshot083108225923ep8.jpg

wc3scrnshot083108225643uf4.jpg

Map Information:
  • Camera System - Made by myself. Uses the arrow keys to turn around. However, you can't zoom in. I don't like zooming totally out like players will probably do.
  • Intuitive Damage Detection - Made by Rising_Dusk. I'm using this system that tracks down all damage done. Things I do with this system is increasing players crit/dodge chance withoud adding a passive critical strike/dodge ability. This is based on Crit Rating, Agility, Dodge Rating, Block Rating.. etc. With this the spells cast have their own crit chance. So critable spells too!
  • 11 Different spells for each hero - I try to make all spells as original as I can. Using different Jass stuff. Sometimes I use spells others posted on this site too. But I mostly change some things about them.
  • A Spellbook Inventory System - Always had the idea to create one, but never really started it.. Until 2 weeks ago. This was the first thing I did when starting this map. With this you can Equip 11 items, and carry (withoud equipping) 6 items.
  • Good Terrain. - I'm doing my best to create some good terrains. At my previous project I was using cliffs. But now I started with real hills and stuff. Think I can manage making some good terrains.
  • Save/Load system.
  • PvP locations - I'm currently planning to create PvP arena maps combined to this map to allow players to play Dota/AoS or Capture the flag matches against eachother with their saved character.
  • Balancing Gear System - I've had this idea for a long period already. But I think (not sure yet) to put it in this map... More info below.
  • Different Events - I'm going to make different events for the players regarding PvP and sometimes PvE. Per example, I will create boss encounters for 4 players. Another example like creating quests for the Bloodlust Horde to kill the captain of the Barbarian Stronghold.

Heroes will be able to level up to level 75.
Here are the factions:
The Gryphonwing Brotherhood - Dwarves, Humans, Elves.
The Bloodlust Horde - Orcs, Goblins, Trolls.
The Defilers - Undead, Dark Elves and Barbarians. (Barbarians are very evil humans:p)

Here are the classes: (They aren't all done yet)
Human: Witchhunter(melee)
Knight(melee)
Archmage(caster)

Dwarf: Berserker(melee)
Guardian(hybrid)
Engineer(ranged)

Elf: Shadowhunter(ranged)
Pyromancer(caster)
Paladin(hybrid)

Dark Elf: Swordmaster(melee)
Ranger(ranged)
Black Witch(hybrid)

Undead: Deathknight(hybrid)
Assassin(melee)
Necromancer(caster)

Barbarians: Marauder(melee)
Lorekeeper(caster)
Cursed Warrior(melee)

Orcs: Brute(melee)
Shaman(hybrid)
Warden(melee)

Goblins: Rogue(melee)
Tinker(ranged/melee)
Brawler(melee)

Trolls: Slayer(melee)
Witch Doctor(caster)
Alchemist(caster)

Balancing Gear System:

Every hero starts with a total of 1000 Equipment points. Whenever the hero levels up he gains an extra amount of Equipment points.
Equipment points can be used to Equip items AND 'equip' spells.
Each spell and item will have a required Equipment point value. So a player has to balance his Equipment points to something he thinks suits best to him.

Example:
This Dwarven berserker has 1200 Equipment points.
He has some items equipped and some spells. Because of that he has 170 Equipment Points left to spend.
He has a very good axe which costs 160. But he wants the Intercept ability too, which costs 60.
Because of this the Dwarven Berserker has to unequip one of his other items, to equip them both.
(Whenever you unequip an item, you get your points back ofcourse)

I might be bad at explaining, but I think it is pretty simple.

I'm currently working on the Cold Desert area. Which will be the homeland of the Dwarves and Barbarians. These lands are cold and have strong winters. These lands mainly consist of ice and snow, but sometimes have their hot springs and grassy area's too.
I will make 2 big city's and 1 encampment in this map. 1 Dwarven city, 1 Barbarian city and a troll encampment.

This RPG will have 4 maps in total + some small PvP maps.
1. The Cold Desert (Dwarf + Barbarian area)
2. The Sunfire Forest (Elf + Troll area)
3. The Red Steppes (Orc + Goblin + Undead area)
4. The Silver Lands (Dark Elves + Human area)

That's the information for now.
If there are questions just shoot!

I will update this thread as much as I can.

Teun Creemers aka SecondSight on Wc3 EU.

Last edited:
Level 2
Ill try it when its done, thats for sure.
Could become a good series of maps, especially if you get good terrains and fill the map up with a lot of content.

Ill check back :)

Level 19
Very nice can i be one of the testers ? PM me =)

It isn't really done yet haha. It will take more time to be done.
I'm working on the storyline atm... It's about 2 pages of story stuff so it's hard to post here.

But here's some basic information about how the races live, what their priorities are and their sworn enemies:
(remember I am really inspired by Warhammer Online)

in "short":

Humans/Barbarians: The humans have had different wars on earth and have suffered great losses. They were spreaden in 2 seperated places. 2 strong fortifications have been made by the Humans. Earth Shatter Stronghold and Gryphonwing Keep. The Earth Shatter humans live in the Cold Deserts and the Gryphonwing humans in the Silver Lands. After different wars, the Cold Desert humans betrayed their allies the dwarves to step to the dark side and alliance with the Undead to gain dark powers and regain strength.
They called themselves "The Chosen". Many call them the Chaos warriors, or Nun'Daril, but most know them as 'The Barbarians'. Barbarisna sworn to serve the master of death, and therefor they got dark powers and sometimes even mutations to increase their strength on the battlefield.

Dwarves: The Dwarves are best in building fortifications and engineering vehicles. However the Dwarves suffered from the Undead too. Their allied Cold Desert inhabitants betrayed them by defeating their king 'Karaz Durn'. After the loss of their king the Green warriors (Orcs & Goblins) from Or'Dramor Fortress gathered forces to attack the mighty city of Muringrad. The Dwarves needed allies to defend theirself. There they met the other ('good') humans from Gryphonwing Keep, and the Shining Phoenix elves from Eataine Point.

Elves/Dark Elves: The Elves always lived peacefully in Sunfire Forest until the trolls came into their forest. The elves had many ages of war with the trolls but never found an opportunity to defeat the trolls because of the help of the Orcs and Goblins. However, when the tranquility was about to come back the Undead came on earth and created fear and terror in the Sunfire Forests. Some Elves couldn't resist the power of the Necromancer Lord Zeekesh and followed him as their master. These elves are now called the Dark Elves.
After the betrayal of the Dark Elves, the elves created an alliance called the Shining Phoenix. The Shining Phoenix won't rest till all Dark Elves are dead.
The Dark Elves first tried to settle in the Red Steppes, but got defeaten by the orcs. The Dark elves now live in the Black Marshes of the Silver Lands. This once living land now only consists of death and dry area's with giant rocks and cliffs.

Orcs: The orcs always lived in the Red Steppes with the Goblins. Orcs are low intellectual creatures that can't feel pain. Orcs can become a deadly foe after taking damage because orcs' strength increases the more damage it takes. After the Dark Elves came to their lands, the orcs had an enemy again, and gathered forces together with the Goblins to defeat their Enemy.
This was one of the heaviest battles in ages. Thousands of greenlings and Dark Elves died. Some say the spirits of the lost orcs and dark elves still haunt in this part of the Red Steppes. The Orc stronghold is called Or'Dramor Stronghold.

Trolls: The trolls are highly skilled survivalists and can live in almost every area. Trolls have only had conflicts with the Elves. Trolls are an overall peaceful race. They live from the nature by hunting animals down. The Troll main city is called Zul'Kajin. This city is built in the tree's of the Sunfire Forest.

Goblins: The goblins always lived with the Orcs in the Red Steppes. Their intelligence is far above that from the orcs however they get tortured and bullied alot by the orcs. However that made the Goblins stealthy and sneaky. Goblins know alot about engineering, and can create deadly mechanics to serve them and their allied orcs. The goblins however, haven't got a city of their own. They always pended on the Orc stronghold Or'Dramor.

Undead: The undead were for always banished by the Elven Dragonlord Dramesh after the fourth war on earth. However, after a miracle (i won't reveal yet) they were released from their suffering and banishment, and they wen't to haunt the earth again. They needed mortal followers, and succeded in getting humans and elves to their side. Now called Barbarians and Dark Elves. The Undead only want to cause fear and hatred amongst all on earth and in the end they will try to defeat the Dark Elves and Barbarisns too.
The main city of the Undead is called Umbra Chaotica. This city is completely invisible at night.

Level 19
Isn't making such a long storyline for online rpg a bit useless? Anyway It looks cool so far.

As long as I'm having fun with doing it, it actually isn't.:D

And I like to put a storyline in it, to create encounters that actually say something. So instead of killing a mad enraging dwarf, you will know why the dwarf is mad and enraging, and why he is standing there etc.. My opinion is that it would bring more life to the game, and make it more fun to play.

Level 34
This looks quite interesting. The terrain could use work though.

I like the sounds of some of the systems used. A little more original than most rpg maps.

Level 19
This looks quite interesting. The terrain could use work though.

I like the sounds of some of the systems used. A little more original than most rpg maps.

Thanks.
I'm trying to put new things in this RPG, because I don't want it to become an ordinairy RPG like all the others.

About the terraining.
I'm working hard on it now. However I'm on 25% of the Cold Desert terraining.. But now I came to the conclussion I forgot something important.. I didn't set the terrain to shallow water and upgrade the hills.. So my water might look a bit ugly sometimes. But I'm working alot on this to avoid the 'ugly' part.
More screenshots comming tomorrow.

Level 2
Muhahaha =) but but.. If you need help with terrain pm me i'm good with terrain ^^ =)=)
When you done. Just asking about 2 - 3 months? Or more or less xD

Level 19
I couldn't finish some of my own terrain because of the new patch :hohum:
So couldn't open Jass new gen thingy pack thingy whatever.

I will go on holiday this saturday.. for... (too much) 4 weeks.
After that I will work as hard as I can to finish this map.

I would say Cold Desert Area done in 3 months.
The other area's will need more time, but I could release the Cold Desert area before the others are done. I have to think about that.
I will do alot of paperwork on holiday, and taking my mp3 player with me with a Jass function in the wordpad in it. So I can create Jass on my mp3.:)

I will make idea's on holiday and stuff.

If there are terrainers who want to help me (I saw two already) pls post before this saturday. I might 'pick' one to make area's or something.

I've also made some information things for some classes. I will keep most of them a secret, but I reveal one of my favorite: (because it's so much text, I made a hidden button)
They call them selves the Human Judgement. Armed with pistols and swords they purge the darkness and hunt the assassins. These knights of justice feel no fear and will do everything what it takes to banish the darkness out of the mortal world. Von Helldich once banished the undead to the underworld by defeating the Necromancer Zul'Kreesh.
Now, after the return of the Undead under the command of Lord Baldranesh the Witch Hunters are needed again to drive back darkness, and call Mercy upon the world.

The Witch Hunters have an order called "The Wailing Hunters". This will have a guild chamber in the Gryphonwing Keep. It's like the round table from King Arthur. Here the Witch Hunters can get special devices which are only effective against Undead units.

In the storyline the Witch Hunters will mainly have class quests against the Dark Elves, because they claim a part of the Silver Lands, which is the homeland of the Human Witch Hunters.

Witch Hunters will have abilities regarding undead effective effects like double damage on undeads, but will also have regular attacks like shots with their rifles, and slices with their backstabbing swords. A Witch Hunter will mainly have to focus Crit Chance, Strength and Agility. Witch Hunters are physical offensive heroes with a little spell damage, but withoud healing or tanking abilities.

Level 19
Holy shit man, 3 months for one part of a terrain?
Unless the maps are seperate (Save/load onto different terrain) that's NUTS.

Well I'm talking about the entire map. Not just the terrain.
Every hero has 11 spells. And I have got 3x 9 heroes.. So 27x 11 spells.. Thats 281 different spells.
Save/Load will take time.

And remember the maps are 256/256, which is pretty big.

However if you could terrain faster, I would love to give you rights to terrain.

Btw, Sabertooth.

I really liked your terrains.
I would be honored if you would terrain parts or big parts or the entire map for me?

And another thing:
I need one more model for the Black Orc Class.
I'm a very big warhammer fan, and I've got some Black Orcs here (big armored orc units from the miniature game).
I would like to have one of them in this game too.

Here's a request I made. I ask you to check this out and just think about it because it looks like a damn nasty piece of work.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88548

Do NOT double-post. Use the Edit button.
~Posts Merged

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 34
Can i help you with terrain i'm pretty good :p my friends call me for Pr0Editor xD
Nothing to show? I wouldn't bother asking without some examples. Besides he's got Sabertooth who's a good terrainer.

I forgot to mention, I really don't like spell book skills. I'm using some in my map, but only for spells that don't require a lot of casting (like selectable auras, or different summons).

Level 19
Nothing to show? I wouldn't bother asking without some examples. Besides he's got Sabertooth who's a good terrainer.

I sent him a private message about this already.:wink:

I forgot to mention, I really don't like spell book skills. I'm using some in my map, but only for spells that don't require a lot of casting (like selectable auras, or different summons).

Well, I usually don't have much problems with it. The spells which will be used the most will be autocastable. Every hero will have 2 autocasts.
However I had some idea's about the spellbook.
At the begin of the game, players can select 4 spells and put them on the normal 'melee-game' positions. I was thinking of something like that. But maybe I just keep them like they are now. 11 spells. Nothing special.

One other thing:

I'm going on my holiday today, so I won't be here to answer questions and stuff for an entire month! I will be making drawings and stuff about the terrain, and talked to sabertooth about it. He's going to do some terraining for me. Not all, but some special area's in the maps. (Maybe he could make a dwarven fortress, like he has in his terraining gallery;-).. check it out! its sweet:D)
However. Have a nice holiday people, I'm outta here for 4 weeks.:grin:

Level 19
I just came back from a 2 week vacation in Italy.
Had a great time, but I missed working on this project alot because I can't concentrate when I've got so much things I want to do.

I started writing idea's down on white papers, and I've got a bundle of 30 pages of text with things I want to add. Really much things.

Things like:

Every class has something Unique. A shaman will have Nature, Fire and Lightning spells. When it does a weak fire spell, it gains a fire charge. Stronger fire spells require more fire charges.. So this is a charge system.
The human Pyromancer will have a Heath system. When it takes fire damage his heath will be increased. Every spell he casts wont require mana cost but will deal very low damage. However the more Heath he has, the more damage it does. So a very 'hot' Pyromancer will deal very much damage.
Some classes will have combo's. Per example a very strong ability requires you to cast 2 differen tabilities in a certain order first.

Well I can keep talking for ages with my new idea's but here's another message:

I will start working on this project again next weekend. I will be busy every weekday, and only have time in the weekends for 2 weeks. After that I will sacrifice my 5 other weeks of my holiday for it.:)

Level 19
Added a few screenshots.
More comming soon.

wc3scrnshot083108224607np3.jpg

wc3scrnshot083108225450sl1.jpg

wc3scrnshot083108225112gl2.jpg

wc3scrnshot083108225923ep8.jpg

wc3scrnshot083108225643uf4.jpg

Hard to capture good screenshots, but I think it will do for just a small glimpse.

Level 19
I'm impressed with your creativity and it looks like you have some very nice, original ideas going here Teuncreemers. If you can stick to it and pull them off well you'll have a very nice RPG. Keep going!

+Rep

Thanks alot.

However there are some problems going on atm.
When I host the game on BattleNet to show some friends what I've made so far, it causes disconnects to everyone after loading. Sometimes they can just play it, but withoud me hosting it when they cant even host it.. It's very weird, but after loading everyone gets disconect problems or something.
A friend told me this wass called ServerSplitting.. But I'm currently asking some people who know more about the World Editor for information.

There's a chance I have to delete the map I've got now, and start over again. So I will only have the unit and trigger data.. But not the terrain.:sad:

Let's hope not.

Level 24
Judging from the screenshots, this seems to be of some quality, hard to tell as of yet, however. I suggest to keep working hard on this and please do finish it, as I believe it has the capability to become great.

Pros:
*The selection system looks really awesome, and it is a really sweet way to pick hero.
*The "storylines" of the races are creative and seems really thought trough to be honest, and looks like much time has been taken to write them down. (Correct me if i'm wrong.)
*Judging from what little terrain you are demonstrating, it looks to be good, as mentioned above as well, keep this style and it'll turn out good.
*Good selection of custom-imports.

Cons:
*The world seems to be quite huge, which imo is a bad thing, for example takes away quality of terrain since more terraining needs to be done, but also become it results in more running around and less fighting. And no, a respawn system won't do here, since killing random mobs ain't that fun either in the long run.
*Many races and classes, could be good thing if enough time was put to create every race and every class, which it usually isn't.

As you might notice, the cons are not really bad thing, more notices or things I personally do not like. Anyways, for my final score...
... Seems good! If you keep the current standard troughout the entire development, it will be good! For now...
...+rep

Level 19
Judging from the screenshots, this seems to be of some quality, hard to tell as of yet, however. I suggest to keep working hard on this and please do finish it, as I believe it has the capability to become great.

Pros:
*The selection system looks really awesome, and it is a really sweet way to pick hero.
*The "storylines" of the races are creative and seems really thought trough to be honest, and looks like much time has been taken to write them down. (Correct me if i'm wrong.)
*Judging from what little terrain you are demonstrating, it looks to be good, as mentioned above as well, keep this style and it'll turn out good.
*Good selection of custom-imports.

Cons:
*The world seems to be quite huge, which imo is a bad thing, for example takes away quality of terrain since more terraining needs to be done, but also become it results in more running around and less fighting. And no, a respawn system won't do here, since killing random mobs ain't that fun either in the long run.
*Many races and classes, could be good thing if enough time was put to create every race and every class, which it usually isn't.

As you might notice, the cons are not really bad thing, more notices or things I personally do not like. Anyways, for my final score...
... Seems good! If you keep the current standard troughout the entire development, it will be good! For now...
...+rep

Thanks for this positive post.
I am really going to finish this map. However I still have the hosting problem unsolved. So I'm not working on terrain atm, but on spells and items. I might export all object editor data and import it into a new map, so the problem goes away. But then I have to reterrain everything. So still having doubts about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.