• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arthas/Nerzhul merge - Lich king Arthas

Based on frostmourne Arthas model. I made him look like the real Nerz'hul.
Special thanks to Happy Tauren for the new mask skin.
Give credits if you use it in your campaign/map, DON'T distribute to other sites and DON'T edit without my permission.
Have fun.

Keywords:
lich, king, lich king, arthas, frostmourne, frost, sword, skull, death, armour, metal, THW, General, Frank, General Frank, mask, undead, Frankster
Contents

Arthas/Nerzhul merge - Lich king Arthas (Model)

Arthas/Nerzhul merge - Lich king Arthas (Model)

Reviews
16:00, 20th Jul 2008 Dan van Ohllus: [Approved] Let me do the honor to approve this awesome model. However, I still think you need to fix the wrap on Arthas' left arm.
Level 1
How do I use the model....
I'm new here anyway.
After I do as the tutorials said, shall I save it?

Level 11
I've been trying to not comment on models for a while, but I just can't resist. You guys who are saying "ZOMFGBBQHAX AWSOME MODEL 42/5!" are doing nothing positive. Yes, I see this model used all the time, I guess it's good. But this is NOT the best lich king model i have seen, by far. No one is trying to help General Frank improve ANY of his models which NEED to be improved. They are relativly good, but they CAN Be better and I WANT them to be better. I would suggest making him look stronger, bigger, frost mourne look more sharp and dangerouse looking, and give him the lich king chest that I think would really help this model. Also, make his helm a full helm, except for his top, which shows the cloth of his hood (Look more like in the picture). Makes his boots more fluffy, wolf fur and such. The skull plates, cannot forget those. You also need to make the shoulders look more like it does in WoW. This model can be A LOT better, but you guys aren't helping. One big reason why Frank's models aren't as good as they can be is that he is making A LOT of them and he doesn't have enough time, he may be rushing them.

Attachments

• Arthas_Lich_King_8971147.png
    Arthas_Lich_King_8971147.png
    965.8 KB · Views: 24,705
I've been trying to not comment on models for a while, but I just can't resist. You guys who are saying "ZOMFGBBQHAX AWSOME MODEL 42/5!" are doing nothing positive. Yes, I see this model used all the time, I guess it's good. But this is NOT the best lich king model i have seen, by far. No one is trying to help General Frank improve ANY of his models which NEED to be improved. They are relativly good, but they CAN Be better and I WANT them to be better. I would suggest making him look stronger, bigger, frost mourne look more sharp and dangerouse looking, and give him the lich king chest that I think would really help this model. Also, make his helm a full helm, except for his top, which shows the cloth of his hood (Look more like in the picture). Makes his boots more fluffy, wolf fur and such. The skull plates, cannot forget those. You also need to make the shoulders look more like it does in WoW. This model can be A LOT better, but you guys aren't helping. One big reason why Frank's models aren't as good as they can be is that he is making A LOT of them and he doesn't have enough time, he may be rushing them.

Well, I made this model back in early 2008, when WotLK has not even been announced. Also I make my models so I like them. Also, I really want to see making you such model, but hey you can't so please shut up.
Also, why do you even care how I am am making my models and why? You are not supposed to give me any instructions or hints, because you don't have any authority to do so.

Level 26
Evillizard, you actually have a valid point. Its just that you're being an asshole about it :/. Yes, it is infuriating when users rate a resource extremely high or low without (obvious) reasons and then do not explain their reasoning. However, that does not mean that this resource is bad. General Frank's lich king, is very well made. that is undeniable. Considering that he is modeling on his free time and does not have professional tools or formal 3d-modeling education, (like MANY people here). In Addition it is the opinion of a vast majority of the users here, that this model is both very good, and one of the best lich king model currently on the hive for download. But you can not compare any model here to a WOW model.

1. As aforementioned, we are not payed to do this, modeling is a hobby, we do not have professional tools, we do not have formal training.
2. We are modding an almost 10 year old video game. WARCRAFT3. we are not modding WORLD OF WARCRAFT. the wc3 engine can not handle large quantities of polygons or detail.

You are entitled to your opinion, but if you insist upon expressing that opinion in an antagonistic or rude manner, you may find warnings, negative reputation, and other infractions (possibly even an eventual ban) in your future. Dont worry though, you haven't done anything too bad yet.... just.... keep it in mind. Always offer CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, or else you become that which you hate.

Level 4
I think this is a well made model, and I like it in the overall consideration.

But I'm not so fancy about the Spell animation, it might be useful for some spells but it doesn't really fit with Death Coil. May you consider to add a more "thrust-like" spell animation like the Death knight have. (see pic)

the sword is not the same that that the old Frostmourne, but that is compensated by the new swords awesomeness.

I am not a modeller and I'm not saying it must be changed. if you think it is perfect as it is, it is.

4.5/5 (I'm missing a alternate spell animation)

(Sorry for grammar errors)

Attachments

• Arthas vs Ner'zhul.JPG
    Arthas vs Ner'zhul.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 2,760
Level 1
:infl_thumbs_up:bug whend moving he just dont move and slide on the floor and when he fight no movement but u hear hit its look like he can fight and move but he is paralysed...

Level 4
Among all the Lich King,Nerzul or Whatever, i think this is the closest one from the one made by Blizzard.Good Job Frank your'still ruling on modeling.

Level 2
i don't like it , i like it but the mask don't need he looks beter without but wep is nice cool

Level 1
i feel like you put more work into the helmet than anything...
not saying I could make anything better but it looks a little unbalanced for lack of better words. Take a closer look at a Footman on worldedit for a better understanding of what i mean.

EDIT: Oops forgot to praise you.
This is amazing, nonetheless. 5/5

Level 3
Cool model. But, when i viewed the model using Magos Model Editor, his head disappeared. Even in-game, he doesn't have a head. Only in the Portrait he has a head. Also, his spell animation shows that he's holding a spellbook, much like the original arthas model. I for once saw a Hero Death Knight model. it's spell animations doesn't show it's holding a spell book. But, btw, good model! Thnx!