1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Art Of Life 2.9

Submitted by Aeroblyctos
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This cinematic is 29 min long and 26.9 mt big file and cannot be watched in battle.net. Be patient when downloading this cinematic.

Art Of Life cinematic includes different kind of massive special effects. I also have put lyrics to this so you can example, use it like karaoke.

The whole cinematic is only one music. It is called Art Of Life. X-Japan released Art Of Life in 1993 so it is old, but it's one of my favorite composition. Well okay, it's my favorite.

The audio in the cinematic is high quality (I haven't changed the bitrate, that's the reason why this is 26.9 mt big).

To the music. Music tells about love, sadness and pain. If you want to learn more about the music go to http://www.sputnikmusic.com/album.php?reviewid=1794.

This game is highly recomended for fast computers. When you start to watch this remember to close all unnecessary programs.

Enjoy.

- Fixed memory leaks
- Added more cooler effects
- and much much more...

UNPROTECTED VERSION.
Contents

Art Of Life 2.9 (Map)

1. greenie

greenie

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice effects at the beginning but very boring after 1000

2. KillmegodsComments

KillmegodsComments

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great music-map, but it was way to long. I got bored in the middle, but i saw it all.

3. Daewoorcr2k3

Daewoorcr2k3

Resources:
    Resources:
    I signed up today just to review this...

To be honest, this was the most enjoyable cinematic I've watched so far, and I've downloaded quite a few from this site, including most of the top ones. Even if certain people like CMarket think they are the biggest badass map makers ever and downtalk the simplicity of it, they are mediocre. I enjoyed almost every part of it, minus 1050 -> like 1400 because they murdered the piano.(But to be honest, I understood the role it played, and it wouldn't make sense to cut it out.) Other than that, I thought the effects were great, the intro was fantastic, and the best parts were the thunderstomps and flamestrikes. I really hope you do more videos like this with something like Nightwish or Dream Theater.

edit- btw, if you downtalk this because your computer sucks, then you are an idiot... He clearly says if you don't have a decent computer don't expect it to be as good.

4. deathreaven

deathreaven

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's been a long time since anything with this changed or anything, or someone posted, but did you use the X japan music, or the music video used online? The X Japan Version seemed to have different timing and slightly less perfect music. It's the real music, the one you have just feels too perfect, and edited. And some parts are different.

5. Dr. Boom

Dr. Boom

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Seas =)

Ok finally I download the cinematic to and watched it. I don't know, if I should find it good or mad. I think something between both.

It's not an art to place some effects, change them into other effects, or just create more and more and more effects. Sometimes the effects doesn't match themself ( for example: The "Flamestrike - Effect" while the guitar playing (nearly at the beginning)). But 95% of all effects look cool, specially the "Wisp-Creating" at the beginning - WOW! still love it!

As I read the title "Art of Life", my first thought was, that this is a cinematic about "How was the first life created" or something like that - a cinematic with a story. I was surprised, as I saw it was a music/dance cinematic. Normally if I hear the word "Cinematic" I always think, there's a kind of story but you created something different and again, somehow I don't like it but somehow I like it ....50/50

The Song: Oh yes.... if he starts singing my first reaction was "OMG". But while hearing, I guess after 180 - 200 seconds, I liked it. The song matches the effects and for me it was somehow fine to 80%.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    So what we got:
    + Like the "wisp-creating" and the effects with them - wonderful.
    + Like the music after some short time.
    + Without a story you create a good cinematic.
    + Of course a lot of work

* No story but you done a good work without
    * The music .... ok I listen to other sorts of music, was different for me.
    * Don't like all effects but this was only around 5%

- But still, it's an "mass effect map"
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It's 4/3/1... I think you done your best with it, but (SORRY) I only can give you 4/5. This nothing against you. This nothing against the cinematic at all. But some small changes are needed (for MY opinion) - only some small.

6. TheWarchief

TheWarchief

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok very beatiful but it begins to get boring at ~500. Beside that at 1100 to about 1250 that piano solo... ahh my ears are still hurting.

7. Bobo_The_Kodo

Bobo_The_Kodo

Resources:
    Resources:
    music makes my ears hurt
    exited about 20 seconds after singing started
    and the effects were kinda lame

edit: and then I woke up with blood in my ears LOL (literally)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  8. Bloodspine

Bloodspine

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well...
    I gotta say I`m impressed.
    But now I`d like to point out the things I didn`t like.
    So for first I think some special effects were too... random? I believe that you spawned them at the wrong place and/or time; example: purge effects combined with some teleport rushed in over a red Arthas playing on the guitar... see what I mean?. One more thing I didn`t like was... well, the music, but anyway that is just personal opinion; if you like the music then it`s ok.
    On the other side some effects were very well placed creating amazingly nice abstract visuals, the ending was nice too. (I lagged a little but it wasn`t that bad)
    I really appreciate the amount of work this map must`ve taken. Also I`m intrigued by war3 cinematics and I`m pretty sad you protected the map cause I`m curious about some elements.
    Overall I don`t see why this is hated that much, in my (newbie) opinion this map deserves a 4/5 :D

9. Haron2

Haron2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Aeroblyctos i am a huge fan of your,you have like so awesome maps dude...anyway my favourite map of yourse is The chosen ones..haha i know i know its a campaign,whateva...

10. Bladon001

Bladon001

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's just epic...
    For me it's something about 10/5...
    But... On 1250... I used ctrl+alt+delete to shut down Warcraft... I just wasn't able to hear it... But beggining of piano solo is just incredible.

And effects are... Well... Bloodspine told everything I wanted but i have to say it once again. Why have you added teleportation effects in that scene with Arthas? In my opinion something like Vampiric Potion would fit better but its only my opinion.

Overall its still a great movie/music/cinematic/map.

11. ilikeshaya

ilikeshaya

Resources:
    Resources:
    very good, screen is very nice

12. Wolferx

Wolferx

Resources:
    Resources:
    I downoaled your map about...the laast year, now in a moment of nothing to do... i was checking warcraft III downloaded maps... " Are you bored?" said me some game called " Art of Life"...

It`s a really nice movie.. the lyrics were so true and cool... really worth of the time

Congratulations My friend, you just win my first post

13. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hehe, that's pretty cool. Well done.

14. Bokalaka4a

Bokalaka4a

Resources:
    Resources:
    Exelent map special effects perfect :) 5/5 and a little clasic ( the music ! ) :) :)

15. I love this map it's so Cool.You where wreat i'm feling better...:infl_thumbs_up:
    [​IMG]

16. BRJ

BRJ

Resources:
    Resources:
    This was incredible. :)
    I have never thought someone could do something like that.

17. T3rm1n4tor

T3rm1n4tor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow! You're amazing and thanks for unprotect, I wanna see how you made this all :)

18. Maximum_Evil

Maximum_Evil

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I got bored after 2 minutes , just some bunch of whisps...