• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Are there Aliens and UFO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Are there somewhere litlle green people with flying machines?I want pictures,screens,pictures,drawings!

Level 4
Yes there is but there not green and do not fly big round discs they stand up have 3 arms ant like head carry shotgun looking weopons wicth fire lasers and they have big weird 6 engine spacecrafts and there different colours and each colour fights others they each have there own unique weopons like the blue wons are fast and they can stun enemy's (one made me throw up!) and purple have large numbers :!: they do exsits! and the organe one blown up some cars and killed 6 people :shock: :!: honest!!!!!!! seriously i mean it by the way go to google images and type alein sitings and go bbc alein sitings!

Level 4
That post had so many errors, I couldnt understand it, put in a bad way im just saying...

Lots of people think theres not, and lots think there is, so, Havaeca, think of the universe as a beach, and each grain of sand is a planet. Yes, every single grain of sand is one planet, if you think about it, theres many planets where there could be other life forms, just think that way.

Level 5
I've seen some strange theoretical formula that suggests that there are maybe 10 planets with intelligent life on them in the Milky Way. And I wouldn't think of the universe as a beach so much as all the ocean floors on this planet.

U.V

U.V

Level 7
there are always UFO (unidentified objects). did you know that not even a 5th of all the fish species had been discovred?
all the remaining fish are practically UFOs.....

about aliens - yes, there must be some other life form in this entire universe.
i think the probability of that isnt that low, when considering the size of the universe.

Level 13
Nah U.V, not exactly. UFO = Unidentified Flying Object (at least I don't know of unknown flying fishes :p )
There's a shortening for unidentified diving objects, but I don't know it atm. To the topic: It would be very naive to believe we're the only form of life in the whole universe. Till now we don't even know how life started on earth (yeah, we know HOW it began, but not WHY, and plz no religious answers on this one). But it's not less naive to believe in some creatures flying around in space making funny circles in our grain :roll:
At last, the chance of an "intelligent" species isn't too high because nature/evolution always tries to keep a balance. And an "intelligent" species like human beings don't really work with that balance (I don't think I need to explain that one).

Level 2
DeadDogNoGoWoof said:
here's my not-so-college-educated theory-

10% of the solar systems in our galaxy will have atleast one planet that can support life.

got any proof of that, considering the precise conditions that life requires in oder to evolve, then i servealy doubt its as high as that

DeadDogNoGoWoof said:
10% of those planets will have life on it.

thats a big assumption to make. seeing as we have only one example of a planet with life, then we can draw no reasonable conclutions as to the likelyhood of how probable life is to evolve even on a planet with perfect conditions. it would be the same as performing an experiment, then stopping after colecting a single result, then thinking that one result is adiquate information to draw a reasonable conclution from. it is most definatly not

DeadDogNoGoWoof said:
10% of that life, on either planets, will be intelligent.

even if 10% of all life in the universe was intellegant (which i strongly belive it isnt), considering that most complex species tend not to last for more than 60,000 years. you would have to consider that 10% of all planets that support life in the universe, would only have a 60,000 year -period of intelegent life. 60,000 years is very small in comparason to the entire history of the universe, so the chances are so close to 0% (60,000 devided by the life span of the universe is a very small number) it makes no odds

there probably is some kind of life other than our own in the universe. but considering the near impossability that any two species could last long enough to achive intersteller contact, its not worth thinking about

Level 7
Pics. I have some exclusive pics for you guys, they have been drawn by some talented teenager from finland :roll:

all pics are based on real beings and quaranteed to be real! and not based on imagination :wink:

http://img8.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ufo13oq.jpg
http://img8.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ufo21bj.jpg
http://img8.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ufo39ux.jpg

And here, Cryptical U.F.O message :shock:
http://img8.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ufomessage0bv.jpg

now,you do believe me, right? these pics are Top secret so please after youve seen em' clear your cookies and page history to prevent any chaotical thingies happen

Level 12
Considering that Earth has the gases most planets would never have, I have some doubts about the idea of "intelligent life form" or any life at all in the galaxy besides Earth.

Level 2
DeadDogNoGoWoof said:
to use big words you need to spell them right and have proper grammar.

the point of language is to communicate ideas and information. unless there is something specificly incomprihendable about my post, then i CAN use big words, and i will continue to use them to convey ideas more advanced than grammer policeing

Level 2
There has to be, who do you think is running the President's advisors are huh?!? But ceriously, its quite possible for other races/species to exist elsewhere, the universe is vast, play the latest star ocean and youll understand, it sorta makes sense...

Level 12
0. To this extend it is lame to say that Aliens do not exist, The only explanation would be a fundamentalist religion opinion that still assume that we are the only ones out there and that God created the stars just to improve the looks of our sky .

1. There is obviously life out there, the universe is infinite and there are more than one universe, There is a chance to have life on a planet, because err, we exist.

2. There is obviously intelligent life out there, the same logic on 1. based on the fact we are some kind of intelligent life.

3. There are obviously more advanced life forms than us out there, Because there are a bunch of stars that are much older than the sun.

4. Most UFO pictures / videos / stuff are fake and false, but there are indeed some few (really few) that are one of the following:
- Expiremental Military vehicles.
- Ships from the underwater
- Ships from the underground
- Ships from other planets.

The quantity of real UFO pictures that are actually of other intelligence ( either from space, underwater or underground) Is incredibly small.

Level 2
Vexorian said:
1. There is obviously life out there, the universe is infinite and there are more than one universe, There is a chance to have life on a planet, because err, we exist.

that depends which view you take on the universe. personaly i belive that the universe is a 4 dementional sphere, so its not infinite, it just appears to be. the theory on more than one universe is sketchy at best. a lot of theories exist as to other universes. but the most recent and beliveable being that of string theory, in which it was concluded that we have no idea wether or not the laws of physics there even remotly resemble our own

Vexorian said:
2. There is obviously intelligent life out there, the same logic on 1. based on the fact we are some kind of intelligent life.

because we exist is not enough reason to say that others must exist. the probability of life evolveing on a planet with perfect conditions is compleatly incalculable. with only one example to use as a terst result, you cant form a reasonable scientific conclution based on a single result. noone knows how likely life is to evolve, and noone ever will untill we find ore examples of life (or lack of) on other planets similar to our own

Vexorian said:
3. There are obviously more advanced life forms than us out there, Because there are a bunch of stars that are much older than the sun.

COULD be, there is no certainty in this debate. while an older sun is more likely to have a planet orbiting it (that if capable of supporting life) that couldhave held life from and earlier age. but that is only a possability, not a certainty. many scientists belive that life on our planet evolved about roughly the earliest time it was capable of. just because a sun is older dosnt mean that its planets wernt suspectable to the extream forces of the rest of the galexy being formed around them. for a start, you have to discount all the suns at the center of our galexy.

Vexorian said:
4. Most UFO pictures / videos / stuff are fake and false, but there are indeed some few (really few) that are one of the following:
- Expiremental Military vehicles.
- Ships from the underwater
- Ships from the underground
- Ships from other planets.

The quantity of real UFO pictures that are actually of other intelligence ( either from space, underwater or underground) Is incredibly small.

or non existant. there is no conclusive proof as to how likely extraterrestrial life (let alone intellegance) is of existing. in the end, itll only be a personale matter of opinion

Level 2
Vexorian said:
The universe is not 4 dimensional, the newest most accepted theory talks about 11 dimensions and N universes that share their borders at the 11th dimension and each time they collapse they create a new big bang that will derive into a new universe

the last id heard, the whole theory related to gravitons was a bit unpopular.

while the universe dose have 11 dimentions. we still live on the brane (3 spacial dimentions). while the brane itsself is curved about a 4 dimentional sphere. the practical upshot of which is. if you travel for long enough in a straight line, youll end up back where you begun. meaning that the universe appears infinite from our 3d perspective, but is acctualy finite

theres a lot of debate about the spacial dimentions 5 and upwards. from what i understand, the dimentions above the brane have very little effect on us except over extreamly long and short distances

Level 5
Vexorian wrote:
The universe is not 4 dimensional, the newest most accepted theory talks about 11 dimensions and N universes that share their borders at the 11th dimension and each time they collapse they create a new big bang that will derive into a new universe

the last id heard, the whole theory related to gravitons was a bit unpopular.

while the universe dose have 11 dimentions. we still live on the brane (3 spacial dimentions). while the brane itsself is curved about a 4 dimentional sphere. the practical upshot of which is. if you travel for long enough in a straight line, youll end up back where you begun. meaning that the universe appears infinite from our 3d perspective, but is acctualy finite

theres a lot of debate about the spacial dimentions 5 and upwards. from what i understand, the dimentions above the brane have very little effect on us except over extreamly long and short distances

Oh god, that was kinda advanced :shock: Almost fell asleep :?

Vex everthing you say is based on assumptions. there is no acutal proof out there that is solid. there are only "chance", "probably" and "most likely" out there to support the existance of extraterrestrial life. and there is an end to the universe, just stand between the two starbucks across from eachother and your watch wont move. and i'd like to see where you base the 'multiple universe' and 'infinite universe' thing off of.

Level 1
We do KNOW that there is more dimentions becouse of atoms. The electrons in an atom pop in and out of existince all the time (there is proof!). And we know that it is POSOBLE to have life on a planit becouse we live here. It is posoble for mars to have life. Im shure MOST pics of ufos are fake becouse I dont think aliens want to hang around all day and let people take photographs. If an alien ship can go fast enough to get here im shure they have cloaking tecnology to. But the goverment has payed 500 billion dollers to the SETI program and are still paying out so they definitly know somethings up. I am also quite shure that the presedent knows nothing about this becouse I beleve there is an underground goverment and a political goverment cus i mean come on if somone showed bill clinton a ufo he would have a hart atack.

Level 16
I think there is something called the Drake equation for you fanatics to actually see how much life could be in the universe. There are countless stars and such in the universe. All of which are moving away from each other as is expands, as theoretically proven by the Big Bang. Not to mention other things. When I did the Drake Equation myself, I got like 78. 78 freaking worlds that possess intelligent, evolving life that can communicate. Problem is, that's 78 in how many stars, some of which being star systems (like ours)? Estimates of 100 billion?

Problem is, there's so much crap in our skies now that we often have:
1. People who are public fa*s and crave negative publicity by saying they saw an alien while walking around drunk and falling into the front yard into a coma
2. People who see things like flying saucers when they are blimps

We can only go so far at a time. NASA and such are right now scouting out Mars via a rover-probe thing. I believe the Space Race had started in the 1950's-60's, and thus which gives us around half a century. Half a century leads to slowly growing endeavors, of which we have scouted out 8 of the 9 planets in our solar system. However, we have only marginally glanced at around 6 of them, and around 2 or so have been or are currently being examined by probes. Looking for life would be senseless at this point because of that.

Plus, if we do find contact and actually merge races, I'm very sure that we will have all these ethical issues relating to how humanity treats them.

No flaming me for this, no remarks please, I get PO'ed about how people are gullible enough to take some autistic moviemaker's concept and attempt to make it a reality. If you bring up topics like such, expect to see me there :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.