• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Archivist class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
UPDATE/EDIT: There's a poll going on about what to do with the Archivist! Go vote!

--
Original:
I suggest adding the Archivist class into the map. Sure it was just an April Fools' joke, but it would still be a totally fun class to play. Hell, i'd play an Archivist if one were in the game... And until we hear about any new classes, it'll hold us off! Just speculation of course, but i'm assuming the next class (if not both) will be revealed at BlizzCon, so that's at the very least 3 months away.

You can just use the Medivh hero as the Archivist, he doesn't even really need to be modded at all. Of course, if you do add the character in the game, i'm sure you'll want to do something with the skin.

His spells are Lorenado, Quest Bolt, and Shush. And then of course, Book Vision, and his Dialogue (NPC Capabilites). Lorenado is already in the game, just use the tornado spell. Quest Bolt can just be an edited stun spell. Shush can be any AoE Nova spell.

Last edited:
Level 30
Yea :D someone bought this idea up before in the main D3W thread :p

While its a nice idea, we decided it would be better to put our effort into finishing a stable / playable v1.18 before we begin working on other areas such as this.

However, saying that, the archivist probably wont feature as a playable class within D3W as we feel it just wouldnt play out right being a "joke" class. We do have other ideas of ways to include him though :)

We were thinking of adding him as a secret boss, which might appear at random in 1, or possibly all of the maps :) It would definately add to the replay value of the game ;) The probability of him appearing would be low so players would be lucky to fight him, and obviously gain some sort of reward should they win.

Another idea was to create an item which, when equiped, would give the wearer the ability to turn into the archivist for a limited time period. So basically, something similar to metamorphosis.

Nothing has been decided yet though, but we will definately include him somewhere :)

Level 4
We were thinking of adding him as a secret boss, which might appear at random in 1, or possibly all of the maps :) It would definately add to the replay value of the game ;) The probability of him appearing would be low so players would be lucky to fight him, and obviously gain some sort of reward should they win.

That's an interesting idea that I definitely wouldn't mind seeing.

Another idea was to create an item which, when equiped, would give the wearer the ability to turn into the archivist for a limited time period. So basically, something similar to metamorphosis.

Also a very interesting idea.

I had also been thinking, maybe adding him in as a simple NPC with some special quests... Or even as a mercenary? Perhaps something along the lines of that would be interesting.. Have him tag along with you. Hell, even both ideas together? Complete a few quests for him, you get some rewards, and then he tags along with you.

Sorry, but there will be no cheats in this game :)

I had also thought of this, heh. That rules out that idea, ;).

I still believe that adding him in as a Playable Character would be a hell of a lot of fun, ;). It's a viable class imo, =). Perhaps not as a solo class, though it would be somewhat possible, he could still play out as a support class... Could even use him to unlock some secondary quests and stuff along the lines of that with his "NPC Capabilities".

Level 19
I support the Archivist entirely!
Maybe in 1.19 or later :p
A little one-hour-made piece of work

wc3scrnshot050209185254.png

This one always makes me laugh lol. I doubt we'll add him because he's merely an aprils fools. But who knows if we'll return to add him later on.

Level 4
I support the Archivist entirely!
Maybe in 1.19 or later :p
A little one-hour-made piece of work

You sir, are my new best friend.

Haha, playing of course, but very nice job with those screenies, I approve.

This one always makes me laugh lol. I doubt we'll add him because he's merely an aprils fools. But who knows if we'll return to add him later on.

I know Cloud said it probably won't happen, but it would be such an awesome idea... Personally, it would add a lot more replayability to the map due to the amount of different ways you could go about adding him in the game as a Playable Character.

Level 19
well, the only problem that happens with you play with this class will be than you will get killed by a zombie even time that you cast an ability xD

Or we could just lock him in a inaccessable room and make him do random stuff each time ome players come by and die once he has performed his act.

Would be kinda funny to see him screw up and do random stuff each time you pass by the room.

Level 16
well, i did it based on the Images that blizzard provide us. In that images the archivist is young, and has black hair and beard. But, if thats makes the people happy i can make his more old ;)
PS: Most of the image isnt in the model, is just concept. The real mode has a knife and not thats scrolls. And dont hav that bag with scrolls. But its a nice concept of how the archivist can look on D3W.

Level 4
Or we could just lock him in a inaccessable room and make him do random stuff each time ome players come by and die once he has performed his act.

Would be kinda funny to see him screw up and do random stuff each time you pass by the room.

I say you put it to a vote, ;). After all, why not give us, the fans, what we want, =D. You could make a poll:
"If the Archivist were to be added, would you want to see him as...:"
A) A Playable Character
B) An Allied NPC
C) An Enemy

And let that decide, ;). Sounds fair, no?

I say keep it how it is.

Agreed! Though, a few things could be changed, if possible.. For example, he is a righty, not a lefty, so the staff should be in the opposite hand... And he should have an eyepatch... But that's about it, really.

Level 3
luk at dis!!
sqh0so.jpg

(Based on the Monk model by Radagast)

OMFG GIVE IT TO ME! :p
The model is really cool, though he looks a bit dwarf-ish to me, but no need to recolor him. Maybe add some little things like books around his belt (like the Paladin model has).

Personnaly I want him to be a secret character, maybe a little "not-easy-to-see" silhouette in the background on the character selection screen.
If he's not picked, he could appear as an Easter Egg during the map, like, he could be hanging in a library and get killed by a zombie?

Sixen said:
You sir, are my new best friend.

My pleasure ;)

Level 19
I was thinking more between those lines of making fun of him.

Making a room which is totally isolated from the game and make him do random silly stuff each game when a player passes by.

But for now we'll stick to our current plans.

Level 4
I was thinking more between those lines of making fun of him.

Making a room which is totally isolated from the game and make him do random silly stuff each game when a player passes by.

But for now we'll stick to our current plans.

I guess that's not a terrible idea. Personally, I believe that if he's i the game and does something (helpful imo), it'd be nice.

Though a secret character, as said above, would be tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.