• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Apply Here Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
If you have any problems you dont have a solution, please post the problem.

Im not good at any specific part, to be expert in it like most ppl, but i have my ways of solving some problems in a certain specific way:

lets say someone cant sole a problem he has, coz WE is simply not up for it
(well mostly i mean TRIGGERING).
Now people cant solve these problems becouse they dont try the wearedest and most unbelivable things.

I solved cupple of these problems, but i dont say I know everything, just if you get a problem post it here so i may see it and il try to figgure out.

Level 10
Terrainer

I would like to apply as a terrainer for this project. Here is some of my old work. If this is not good enough, please ask me to make a new terrain map to show, because all these are at least 5 months old, and i have gotten better at terraining since then.

Level 5
*startes at madman9800's terrain*
Ummm... Blizzard cliffs? My eyes hurt!!! My eyes! they are burning!

It is much better when making your own cliffs then when using blizzard ones.

Edit: I heard they aren't releasing anymore demos untill final version.

Edit 2: Is this terrain (pic on my attachment) good enough for wc3:WoW ?

Attachments

• TerrainOrc01.JPG
    TerrainOrc01.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Level 25
About the cliffs, I believe we're using both some of Blizzards cliffs and a few custom ones.

About what you've heard about waiting until FINAL version is out (which may take like... 5 years or more lol) is false. But we are not releasing any outdated demos because the next one we plan to release will be far more better than the previous ones, especially terrain-wise. There is no release date of next demo.

And finally, concerning your terrain which I suppose is an entry to join Wc3:WoW, I am afraid is a no, no. We're not hiring terrainers at the moment either.
-Craka_J

Level 4
Well, I wan't the same as Dark_Spyro,

1. Want to be part of big projekt.
2. Want to see the map before the release date. :)

Please, reply, do not ignore me.

Srry, doupple posting...

but i *WANT* wan't was wrong...

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 25
1)You can just edit your post.
2)You have shown us no qualities of what you can help us with.
3)You're not hired. :(

Maybe if you tell us what you're actually good at. If you're not good at modelling, skinning, or JASS, then we're not interested.
-Craka_J

Level 25
Wc3:WoW Team is now searching for people who can either model good or make great spell effects, in this case, make WoW spell effects. If you find yourself fit for the spot, please post a screenshot of previous spell effects you've made in the past. If we find your skills suitable, you will be contacted immediately by me.

Level 2
Well Incase you need terrainers, Drop me a PM at Wc3c or email me at: [email protected], and I'll be happy to provide you with screenshots of my previous works(Please only if you need something green, in other words forests or Ashenvale based terrain)

By the way, I do not have WoW so I require basic layout if possible.

Wc3:WoW Team is now searching for people who can either model good or make great spell effects, in this case, make WoW spell effects. If you find yourself fit for the spot, please post a screenshot of previous spell effects you've made in the past. If we find your skills suitable, you will be contacted immediately by me.

Now if only JetFangInferno joined the team. :smile:

Anyways, I'll be here to assist when I can. I am (In my opinion) a pretty great JASSer due to my extended knowledge of its properties in which it can contain. I also have a pretty decent knowledge of vJASS, though I don't use it that much. At the moment, I do not have many examples of my JASS, but I still have self confidence in myself.

If you need proof, go on and check some of my posts here, on the helper, on wc3campaigns, on m'n'm, or whatever other sites I'm on. I hope I can be of assistance if you hire me.

If you'd like to contact me, please email to:
[email protected]
And I'll try to reply as quick as possible.

If you want a real quick reply, please notify me via PM so I can quickly log on and view.

Good luck with the project. :smile:

Note: I'm getting to understand sfx making but I still suck at it so if I learn how later, I may be of assistance. :thumbs_up:

Level 25
Now if only JetFangInferno joined the team. :smile:

Anyways, I'll be here to assist when I can. I am (In my opinion) a pretty great JASSer due to my extended knowledge of its properties in which it can contain. I also have a pretty decent knowledge of vJASS, though I don't use it that much. At the moment, I do not have many examples of my JASS, but I still have self confidence in myself.

If you need proof, go on and check some of my posts here, on the helper, on wc3campaigns, on m'n'm, or whatever other sites I'm on. I hope I can be of assistance if you hire me.

If you'd like to contact me, please email to:
[email protected]
And I'll try to reply as quick as possible.

If you want a real quick reply, please notify me via PM so I can quickly log on and view.

Good luck with the project. :smile:

Note: I'm getting to understand sfx making but I still suck at it so if I learn how later, I may be of assistance. :thumbs_up:

JetFangInferno is in the team.
We just so happen to be looking for JASSers now as well, mainly for quest makers. If you think you can help, I'll reply when I can. Maybe that SFX can be used later whenever we decide to add attachments system.

@Dead_Man_Walkin: Can you please PM me some screenshots of previous terrain work please? :)

Level 25
Hear ye! Hear ye!
The Wc3:WoW Team is now in search of new talented members!
The following positions are to be filled:
  • Abilities (Remake abilities from WoW)
  • JASSers
  • Modellers
  • Skinners

When the a position is completely full, I will make the position name in a bold Red color.
Please provide a description of why you want to join and you experience with whatever you're applying for.
Also provide screenshots and if possible, links to previous works.

Level 3
About WoW abilities. I think shadow1500 can help, and i think that he already has been a part of the team once (and don't know if he still is).
I like his Isles at War maps, and many of the abilities there remind much of WoW's, including 'Charge' 'Cleave' and so on.

Level 25
Yeah, I haven't taken a look at it yet because I had forgotten to. But I'm going to open it up now, take a look at it, and see how I like it.
Think I can get a link to the latest IaW map to test how they work in the original map they were made for? Much thanks in advance. ;)
-Craka_J

Level 4
I would like to apply to be a skill triggerer, as you can see from my charge skill i know what im doing and after thinking about it today i am fairly sure i could create a fully working seal/judgement system over the weekend BASED upon me learning how to use variables (ive never done a tut but im a good triggerer and have never needed to use them before because i always found a work around but i know there is no work around for this system), believe me im pretty sure if i commited my self, someone explained all the judgements needed for the game and I dont get distracted i would be able to do pretty much all seals and judgements. and if i learnt how to do variables could then easily do the entire rogue skill system.

Level 25
I think moyack quit concept drawing because of the major loss of Nasrudin quitting Warcraft III and Wc3:WoW along with it.
We don't really have some one who can model and skin as good as Nasrudin so we're not so much in need for a concept artist. However if we think you're really good then we may make room for you. :)
~Craka_J

[Edit]
When applying to join the Wc3:WoW Team, you must be 100% positive that you can work on the mod when called upon and will dedicate and commit yourself to it. We also want you to have confidence in what you're applying for and want you to truthfully know whether you're good with what you're applying for or not; no matter what it is! Modeling, Terraining, Skinning, Triggering, JASS Scripting, etc. you must know that you're atleast a pretty good. You must also not be new at what you're doing. Can't be new at terraining and believe that it comes natural to you that you're a pro and then ask to join us.
We hate it when people apply to join and make it on the team and then never hear from them ever again. If you're going to join, we don't want you to be just to be in, that's why we remove you instantly if you don't help at all when called upon. When you join, you better act like you're in or else you'll be out and won't ever get back in ever again. So it's best to make very good first impressions and keep it that way. The Wc3:WoW Team is very professional and wants to keep that way. So please, if you join or are applying to join, it's probably best if you know English pretty well and are good at whatever you are helping Wc3:WoW at.
Thank you!
~Craka_J

Last edited:
Level 4
Maye i could help you guys here is a map that i made long time ago, (maybe it could be useful) i have made it long time ago and its in GUI that even the noob map makers can understand it. (i have just made some basic RPG triggers that they could make a bit better maps)
I think i could be a great help for your team (my jass skills are not perfect, i can work perfectly whit varibles, GUI, i am good at skinning and terrain making, but i can not make models. ( but i can ad attachment without triggers))

(And i am very good at HTML+Flash scripting)

Please reply when i can join.

Last edited:
Level 15
I think moyack quit concept drawing because of the major loss of Nasrudin quitting Warcraft III and Wc3:WoW along with it.
We don't really have some one who can model and skin as good as Nasrudin so we're not so much in need for a concept artist. However if we think you're really good then we may make room for you. :)
~Craka_J
I haven't quit from anything, the problem is that I'm very busy with my real life and at the moment my energies are focused in my project Power of Corruption. :p

If you need a concept for the project, just tell me and I'll see what can I do. But first show me the models you have obtained based on my drawings.

Level 25
I believe Nasrudin was the one who was going to make models based on your concepts. But now that he's gone and we don't have a modeller as good as him, I doubt they'll be made soon. This may be something that should be discussed in the Team Discussion area.
~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.