• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Apply Here Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
The save/load system is actually better. How? I recently played an RPG (well... recently as in a couple months ago :p) without a save/load system, and I saved the normal warcraft way. But after a month from not even loading the saved game, I decided to open the saved game and it crashed Warcraft. Hopefully our save/load system works better.

Level 2
Im a pretty Good Terrainer, i have a screen shot here.
Rate.jpg

Or http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n317/Deathboy312/Rate.jpg

Please Note that this isn't by any means the best work i've ever done, in fact it's one of the worst. I thought i'd show you this so you can see the lowest im capilbe of.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I thought i'd show you this so you can see the lowest im capilbe of.

:S Everyone is capable of the lowest possible... just don't bother trying. I mean, what are you trying to say...that no matter how hard you try, you can't get any worse than this? How does that show how good you are at all?

Level 3
Instead of showing the worst you've done, then why not show the best instead. Everyone can do their worst, which is just by leaving the terrain completely blank. If you want to impress somebody, then you'll have to show the very best you can do.

Level 25
Once again, if you want to apply for something, give us a screenshot. No matter what it is! Even if you're a JASSer! Atleast post a link of your best work, because that's the only way we'll even consider or think about hiring you for the team.

Level 25
People who are not interested in joining the team, but are interested in helping out a tiny bit can help us with the following:

-Testing (Must be a trusted user or friend of a WC3:WoW Team member)
-Providing screenshots for Terrainers and Modellers/Skinners.
-Suggesting good systems for the WC3:WoW mod that you think or know that'd fit in the game. (Must provide a link or attachment)
-Keeping the forums active, without spamming.
-Feedback on forums, site(s), and the mod itself.
-Advertise and promote our modification, WC3:WoW!
-Be polite on forums toward members of the team and even guests. And if you can, help people out with questions that you may have an answer to. (Must be WC3:WoW related)
-Try not to start your own threads. If anything, make no more than 2 a month! Do not spam or make negative threads against the mod or else it will be deleted by me.

We'd appreciate it if those of you who are not in the team would cooperate with us and help by doing one of the above that I've suggested.

Level 1
Hi, I am interseted in joining/helping the project.
The only thing I can do is suggest ideas for items, skills, classes, etc. and test.
You probaly wont accept me, but worth tryng. :p

Level 25
Important

New Job Position:
Currently, we need someone who can do good abilities; WoW abilities. If you need a custom model to complete the ability, they will be provided.
To be chosen for this job, you must have strong skills in GUI Ability making and it is a + if you can do trigger/JASS abilities as well.

Last edited:
Level 25
WC3Sear.ch download links no longer work, proving it now as a useless source. And besides, we are trying to keep our mod pure and made by us or blizzard. We don't want to make War3:WoW have strongly detailed models and textures—atleast until we get to the very last finale of the entire War3:WoW campaign all together when we've done all islands, dungeons, etc.

Please stay on topic now. We are currently looking for VERY GOOD ability creators, custom abilities for now are a no, no; WoW abilities will be needed to be made in order for this campaign to be successfully War3:WoW

V2.

V2.

Level 3
I have had much experiance making the paladin like abillitys from wow... but other than that not much(would easly be able to make though) if i can be of service or if you need some of my earlyer projects please say so...

I do not have any of my work(hardware issue recently) I have put forward a rather horible tutorial though(more to do with system than an ability...) well anyway this is all i have done recently...
http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4000&d=1174741150

-V2. Dropping on a house near you!

Last edited:
Level 6
WC3Sear.ch download links no longer work, proving it now as a useless source. And besides, we are trying to keep our mod pure and made by us or blizzard. We don't want to make War3:WoW have strongly detailed models and textures—atleast until we get to the very last finale of the entire War3:WoW campaign all together when we've done all islands, dungeons, etc.

what? oh no no no!, you're wrong!, i downloaded a couple of models, and there are some downloadables that actually still work! like that Orc model you see in the Demo Campaign screen of the orcs? yeah, take my downloaded Orc model below the screen, it's happy for me to support this map!

Please stay on topic now. We are currently looking for VERY GOOD ability creators, custom abilities for now are a no, no; WoW abilities will be needed to be made in order for this campaign to be successfully War3:WoW

Diablo II Armageddon is easier than i thought and that i can make but what you need are JASSers not good GUIers, so i can't help you....sry?

And btw, i suggest maker of the map to hire good GUI Triggerers, JASS people may be better that GUIers but there are times when the JASSers themselves find difficulty of making basic triggers. Yes! i even know a GUI equipment system as well as a Backpack ability made out of GUI Triggers, check this out! along with the Orc Model, i have an Equipment system and a Backpack system made out of GUI Triggers but um....you only wanted JASSers...sorry i was only suggesting...

Oh... do you need custom music?

Attachments

• orc.mdx
    92.1 KB · Views: 105
  • Proof.tga
    1.8 MB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Level 6
It's always a pleasure for me to support your team Cracka_J, give me time and i'll give you the system ^_^! May i Also suggest that you use Camera options, the Third Person and/or First Person Camera.....It has the ablility to make your WoW map more....say, lifelike? having a First Person Camera is almost feeling like your inside the Warcraft Strategy Games (reviewed by Thierry Nguyen in CGW years ago, well without the First Person part of course) or other medieval games!

This makes your team's map play like say....Spellforce: The Order Of Dawn!?

Last edited:
Level 25
I wasn't talking about the system being done in GUI, I mean other things done in GUI such as camera systems. JASS isn't required for every last thing, but it does works better :p

And no, we won't need First Person Cameras, even though you can play in first person in WoW, no one really uses the first person camera and it's less useful. Third Person is our main camera and that's the best one to play with.

Level 6
Then why did Archian only hire JASSers? for the sake of Spell Effects!?

nope. if ure jasser :p and craca, good equipment system CANT be done in gui... i think baut using one you mentioned (one reeeeeealy complex) but code was so messy that i didnt even try to read all that shit before explained version. and.. jassers never got trouble making basic triggers -.-

Is it about my Equipment System that im using?

Level 15
If you want this map works smoothly, you must use JASS or JASS.

I just can't conceive how people insist that GUI is good, GUI is a LAZY and LAGGY interface of JASS, and for that reason there is no room to define a pro triggerer. People who claim to be a pro GUI triggerer are just lazy people who prefer to use the mouse to write code instead of the keyboard, ignoring that this code has a high chance to have leaks and imperfections only for not wanting to see what is behind of all the GUI interface.

Last edited:
Level 6
If you want this map works smoothly, you must use JASS or JASS.

I just can't conceive how people insist that GUI is good, GUI is a LAZY and LAGGY interface of JASS, and for that reason there is no room to define a pro triggerer. People who claim to be a pro GUI triggerer are just lazy people who prefer to use the mouse to write code instead of the keyboard, ignoring that this code has a high chance to have leaks and imperfections only for not wanting to see what is behind of all the GUI interface.

Oh? Lazy people you say? More like untrained people who are afraid of what might happen than just using the tool recklessly, they might even lag the game or even cause an infinite loop! Some People [Mostly people who don't use the Java Format or are not good at making Codes] are going to take long before they know how to use it correctly, so what if im just GUI, i'm no expert.

and btw, Most Editors insist GUI because they're not experts yet, so there will be a time where some GUI people go with JASS, and you can't concieve it because youre just so lucky that you're good at it!

I suggest you need patience, most people use GUI because they are rookies or veterans still. So it's more like having a 4th year High School Lesson on a 1st year classroom.

sorry.....i meant no offense :D

JASS is better, smoother, and can do more with it. GUI is something practically anyone can do :p but it's pretty good if you're a pro at it, rather than a rookie.

Well, im only a Veteran user for GUI

Level 15
I believe moyack prove a perfect point. :)
Anyway... we're still looking for people to make abilities, WoW abilities.

Craka: I have a proposal:

Can you describe the spells needed?? including:
  • What the spell does
  • Which effects should appear in the caster, target and /or cast point
  • If possible, screenshots.

I think with that, people can give a specific help (including me), knowing the kind of work they have to do. Tell me what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.