• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Apocalypse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Perfected Banner

BANNER:

-Added Heart Background
-Added Blood Outline
-Brightened Letters
-Added Blood Drip

Attachments

• Apocalypse Banner.jpg
    Apocalypse Banner.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 88
Brutal rape of my picture, the background looks good but the light red "blood drip" looks bad.

And I can watch deleted posts you idiot, so deleting past comments does not work. You may fancy yourself better than me, fine think what you want, but make your own logo then instead of just adding a few details to mine to prove just how much better you claim to be. If you can scratch make something better, without the use of a premade font, then I bow down and admit you are better at image editing than me. If not then stfu or gtfo.

Level 25
Easy with the hostility Ragingspeedhorn. Although, you are correct that him claiming he is better for false reasons is a bit irritating to say for the least. I do not want this hostile behavior within the Apocalypse Development Team. It affects your work on the map and although making this into some personal competition may actually help make the quality of this map maybe look better, it is in fact a bad out-look when brought on public forums.

Ragingspeedhorn's criticism on your version of his logo was pretty accurate though. But to add on to it, I don't know if the 'Heart' in the background is cool either. Apocalypse is full of destruction, chaos, massacre, hate, extinction, death, pain, and so on. Sure the heart can symbolize all that by being covered in blood (Even though hearts naturally pump blood to live, not die) and in a dark background, I personally don't think it looks great. And the light red as Ragingspeedhorn had said does look a bit... perhaps abnoxious would be the word. Also, ask Ragingspeedhorn (The original creator of the logo) if you could work on his piece and perhaps improve it. If he says no, it is expected that you should respectfully not touch it and create your own.

I'm sorry I had to explain this in a public thread, but I think it was for the better good to help understand that I will not tolerate problems like these. Next time, I might end up having to remove one of you from the development team in order to keep things in line and in order. I really don't want to do that, but if it happens, you're pretty much telling me that I must. Your understanding and respect to behave better, at least in public threads and chatrooms, is certainly appreciated a lot.
~Craka_J

Level 25
I'm still debating with myself if we should add a jump feature. But I think that would lead to a lot of annoying bugs and waste a lot of time, so most likely that won't get in.

I sure hope Ragingspeedhorn did some good work on the terrain of Apocalypse while I was away this week. :smile:
~Craka_J

I've now done some terraining and made a thread about the project @ Thehelper.net where I've vastly updated and improved the content from this thread.

I'd recomend you to update this thread to match mine at TH, Craka_J!

Here is the content in a text file. I've spent a lot of time on this, to much probably :p

Attachments

• Apocalypse Description.doc
    98.5 KB · Views: 99
Level 25
Coincidence actually. And actually, the first three years of the 2000's the Apocalypse was supposedly supposed to happen was announced in the 1990's that it'd be 2019, then later on 2001, and now it is 2012 apparently. I think I chose a really good date though for the Apocalypse since all of this technological upgrading with weapons and so on and the production of the Father Of All Bombs and stuff like that. Not to mention Global Warming.

'Background Story' is the thread where I am developing a background story with a better explanation of the Apocalypse and so on.

It is a Work In Progress, but for now it is just an idea of how it all came to be. I bent the reality of the cause by bringing in demons and hell.
~Craka_J

Level 19
The terrain looks amazing. Probably the best modern times terrain ever done in Wc3.

I'd have to disagree with you on that one. This terrain (I know this for a fact) is not as great as dictated in the screenshots. Even though some parts of it might be... good-looking, they're not completely dynamic. Only some of the terrain is completely openly fun and entertaining, most of which are garages and open ruined plains. We still have a lot of work to do with the terrain.

Level 25
Huzzah! Apocalypse has finally gotten hosted at The Hive Workshop!
Let us rejoice and continue the support and interest of this project at the new area which we are hosted at here.

I would like to thank all those who participated in the project's development whom made this possible, and I'd of course like to thank the Hive and its staff, including Ralle, for all of its support and hosting.
~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.