• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Apocolypse [Survival Map]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Apocalypse is a Survival map with many custom models and skins imported, strong trigger work, and good terrain.
You may have heard of Apocalypse if you visit WC3Campaigns.net often, but if you haven't, here is some information about it.

Features:

• BattleNet compatible.
  • Can hold up to 12 players online!
  • Physics: Can lead both to your own advantage... and to your disadvantage if used wrong. (Example: Throwing a Grenade at the wall will force the grenade to bounce off and ricochet.
  • Cool and advanced weapons such as the Gravity Gun, like in Half-Life²TM.
  • Custom skins, models, and sounds are used in this map. (Map is 90% custom)
  • Power-ups: Aquiring these in-game will result in your character being rejuvinated in Speed, Experience, or Health.
  • Over 10 waves of monsters.
  • Large sized map with many places to stand-off against the mighty waves of Hell.
  • Many creative and fun ways to kill monsters.
  • Detailed urban terrain.
  • Eerie atmosphere adds on to the excitement and interest to keep on playing!
  • Team-work and skill goes a long way...

And much, much, more!...

Brief Story-Line:
A dangerous plague has been unleashed upon the Earth and has destroyed everything in it's path. This plague from Hell has directly targeted a small city and strives to turn it to rubble. With life it self and the Human Race with it at the brink of extinction, a group of marines from the future have been dispatched to enter this city in this time of havok to fend off the forces of evil before they reign over the planet with pure cruelty and torture. Their motives are unclear to you and the world, but your motives are to kill for your own survival... and to save the planet and the Human Race from complete extinction.

Credit Goes To:
Punisher_X
Craka_J
Illidan(Evil)X
XxM0rPH3usxX
Chriz.

Last edited:
Level 25
Thank you. :)
Right now, I'm trying to make the map a bit like Silent Hill/Resident Evil/HL2... but if this map ends up having a 3rd person camera or FPS camera, then I can make the theme more like Condemned: Criminal Origins (Which was the best storyline game I ever played)

You may think it's easy to terrain this map, but it's alot harder than I thought. Hope I'm doing a good job, for it is my first Modern-Urban terraining experience.

Level 8
A bit of hte terrain is showed in the terraining forums. And please dont make it FPS, most, if not all, TFT games that try FPS bomb horribly.

Level 25
Punisher_X has decided that he would much rather continue this mod on Starcraft2, rather than finish it on Warcraft III. So he has left the Apocalypse Team and has given me leadership of the Warcraft III version of Apocalypse. This result is both good and bad. Good because now I can implement more plot, storyline, and add some more things to the gameplay.
And this is also bad because I am not sure if I still have the loyalty from the other Apocalypse Team members, such as Illidan(Evil)X and Chriz.

The terrain is about 78% complete. Once XxM0rPH3usxX finishes the rest of the models, I can finish another 20% of the terrain in one day. I haven't worked too much on the terrain this week and can't do much during the weekend either due to at-home things. Personal.

I may update the site next week with a new screenshot or two also to keep you guys looking forward to this.

More information about game-play plans, etc., will be announced later on...
-Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.