• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Apocalypse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Well, there's no point in putting in an Insane mode if there's no benefits. How about an extra wave for Insane, maybe an extra boss wave that's a lot harder. Maybe, your clones come at with you with the best AI and the best weaponry. Something uber that really pisses people off.

Level 8
OOO BRAIN THOUGHT ok how about this after you beat hard you get to pick what you want what ever the upgradeables are and then after you pick that you get another code that unlocks impossible and in impossible theres the *uber boss* that drops a wtf pwnge weapon but the creeps are stronger 10 x and they get sent faster and they have max move speed

Level 25
Hmm... I like that 'uber boss' idea. We probably will add one at the end of the game, and then he'll either drop a random legendary weapon and possibly the ones alive with the best score/kills will get ranked higher.

Thanks for the idea Yabooer, keep 'em coming!
~Craka_J

Easy, Medium, Hard, Insane I'd say, so there is a near imposible mode only for the best of the best to beat! Something so hard that it takes a full house with top level characters, best weapons and ultra skill to win. Then there is something people can keep on striving for :)))

All that is needed is whosyourdaddy xD

Level 25
Actually, disabling cheats would be a waste of time for the following reasons:
  • It is impossible to beat solo.
  • Most damage dealt in this mod will be caused by triggers.
  • Won't be that fun anyway on Single-Player with cheats on.
  • Save/Load will be disabled on Single-Player.

We might think about adding the Anti-Map Hack system into the mod as well. But that isn't an issue at all in the current stage this project is in.
~Craka_J

Level 8
Awesome craka will you have an updated release date? and when you need a tester you can always count on me.

Level 25
No release dates yet. We barely have any of the trigger-work done. Which is why we're beginning to recruit skilled JASS programmers. We needs JASS programmers who can also work on it more than twice a week! If you're interested, send me a PM.
~Craka_J

Level 8
Ah well could you just throw out like a month? maybe feburary something like that and id help you out but i have no map making talent lol.

Level 25
I'm working on that! But I'm really covered up with the terraining and Wc3:WoW too of course. But yeah, there'll be new content released of Apocalypse later on today. The content will be new screenshots, more information about the mod, and most likely going to announce another secret of the Gravity Gun that has not been told publicly.'

Keep your eyes on the website; there'll be new stuff to make your mouth water!
~Craka_J

Level 25
Screenshots & More!

As I promised, I have released three new screenshots of Apocalypse! Enjoy!

Also, for more information about the Gravity Gun, go here!
~Craka_J

Attachments

• Apoc11.jpg
    Apoc11.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Apoc12.jpg
    Apoc12.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 87
  • Apoc13.jpg
    Apoc13.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 92
Level 19
To be honest, it doesn't look great. For instance, your doodad and tile positions are off in way more than one or two places.

List of Terraining Flaws:

-1. The lines in the road are inaccurate and don't match those of actual roads.

-2. MOST of the power lines are on the road instead of off, and I don't mean on the sidewalk, they're literally ON the road.

-3. The trees, though dead, are still completely UNNATURAL, trees do not bend like that when they die. Even if they were burned they don't just magically bend like they're modeling for Playboy.

-4. The "pretty little paths" are made very inaccurately. Think about it this way, why would any mayor or governor make a pathway that went on top of a hill? It doesn't have any benches, water fountains, or doodads. Just a perty little path, with improper edges and routes, going up a hill. Even if it is the Apocalypse, and it messed up their routes and made them go up this hill, wouldn't the side walk show some kind of damage or ruin? Explain.

-5. Just noticed, not only are the power lines on the street, so are the street lamps. Just because they're called street lamps doesn't mean they're on the asphalt as obstacles for cars.

Last edited:
Level 34
Focus on wc3:wow!!! JK, I remember looking at this in the beginning of summer. Very impressive! Although I hope one of your big projects actually get finished. Or reach beta!

To be honest, it doesn't look great. For instance, your doodad and tile positions are off in way more than one or two places.

List of Terraining Flaws:

-1. The lines in the road are inaccurate and don't match those of actual roads.

-2. MOST of the power lines are on the road instead of off, and I don't mean on the sidewalk, they're literally ON the road.

-3. The trees, though dead, are still completely UNNATURAL, trees do not bend like that when they die. Even if they were burned they don't just magically bend like they're modeling for Playboy.

-4. The Sidewalks are made very inaccurately. Think about it this way, why would any mayor or governor make a sidewalk that went on top of a hill? It doesn't have any benches, water fountains, or doodads. Just a sidewalk, with improper edges and routes, going up a hill. Even if it is the Apocalypse, and it messed up their routes and made them go up this hill, wouldn't the side walk show some kind of damage or ruin? Explain.

-5. Just noticed, not only are the power lines on the street, so our the street lamps. Just because they're called street lamps doesn't mean they're on the asphalt as obstacles for cars.

I think the trees are fine. They are just that kind of tree. They exist. The power lines are not on the road. I do agree with you on the hill It does look odd, I don't really like it. Craka you used blizzard cliffs!! Skinned at least, but still!

Level 25
Some areas, the power polls are on the road, yes. This was done for gameplay pathing reasons. But I will try to fix this anyway.

Roads have been fixed. I've also made them look a lot more destroyed as well.

The sidewalks going UPHILL? Well that does exist, just to let you know. Sidewalks do go up-hill and down-hill sometimes. But I'll see what I can do. :smile:

The trees are bent to give a dead feel. The cause of the bending was caused by the high radiation levels the Earth has been suffering from; a helping hand at why the Earth is being massacred by this 'apocalypse'. I guess I forgot to add this in the storyline/plot.
~Craka_J

Level 24
Craka, I think it would be cool if you made it so that you could hide out in the buildings and stuff. Like maybe have two models, the bottom of the building, and the roof, and have it so the roof disappears if you enter the building, and then you could move around in it and shoot out of windows and all that sought of stuff.

Would be a lot of work, but I reckon if done properly it could make the map a lot better.

Level 25
A lot of people have been telling me to do that. Most likely we will do that. Though, it will be a tough task to accomplish. We might not add it right away though. We'll probably add it in a big patch or something.

Good idea though!
~Craka_J

Level 25
Yes I am. Currently need help from either Saitek009 or someone else who is good with both vJASS and WEhelper to help me import the new spells to the campaign properly. I can't do it: I'm a noob at this stuff lol

But anyway, Scyth-Master has joined the team as a terrainer and has been doing a lot of good work suprisingly. His imagination and creativity is certainly a plus. He is also working quickly and efficiently as well. Most likely, the terrain will be 100% complete by the end of next week.
~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.