• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AoS for RoC ? is this a good idea ?

Is this a good idea ?

• Yes

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Darkfang is a copycat

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hey people , as we all know , the popular AoS called DotA started from RoC and it's still played . So what do you think , is it a good idea to create AoS for RoC , enchanted with TFT features (trig spells etc) I'm not gonna do it or something , just wondering what ya think ;D

Level 4
Hey people , as we all know , the popular AoS called DotA started from RoC and it's still played . So what do you think , is it a good idea to create AoS for RoC , enchanted with TFT features (trig spells etc) I'm not gonna do it or something , just wondering what ya think ;D

Who would still play custom games in RoC. Imo there is no mind.

Level 6
You can't have TFT Features in RoC, unless you did some crazy fancy triggers =P. Though i have pondered taking TFT models and importing them into RoC maps to see if it works, but i bet you that there is some sort of protection on TFT models to prevent RoC from importing them successfully. And in order to import models into an RoC map you would have to downgrade to an older version of RoC. Then you would have to patch up in order to play online, which may possibly cause issues being able to play a map from an old patch. I declare this an impossible idea. RoC is practically useless now. Tell me why it isn't.
As for making an AOS, why not try The Green FEUD! haha.

Just use TFT to expand RoC.

Level 13
You can't have TFT Features in RoC, unless you did some crazy fancy triggers =P. Though i have pondered taking TFT models and importing them into RoC maps to see if it works, but i bet you that there is some sort of protection on TFT models to prevent RoC from importing them successfully. And in order to import models into an RoC map you would have to downgrade to an older version of RoC. Then you would have to patch up in order to play online, which may possibly cause issues being able to play a map from an old patch. I declare this an impossible idea. RoC is practically useless now. Tell me why it isn't.
As for making an AOS, why not try The Green FEUD! haha.

Just use TFT to expand RoC.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f278/enhancing-your-roc-map-ft-features-30452/ :p

Level 6
Well you proved me wrong in thinking its impossible i suppose. Pretty neat. Though somehow i think it still wouldn't work. Just cant see that fully working right. And i dont feel like reading something im not to interested in >.< But good job finding that and showing me something worth while. Looks as if it is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.