• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Any way to search through all triggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I need some features that WE lacks, for example searching for string usage in entire map (in all triggers). Is there a tool (editor, IDE) that can extract all existing triggers in a convenient way?
(150 triggers in that map UH - not gonna Ctrl-Shift-F through each trigger)

Level 5
delete this

sorry wrong forum

original post

The problem is this - i got a map with a huge amount of triggers (150) and i need a comfortable way to search anything i need (function name, etc) in all triggers. World editor does not provide any ways to do this , only Ctrl-Shift-F through each trigger which is so annoying.

So i need to export triggers somehow, and get them all in an editing tool in a comfortable way. There is an export trigger option in WE but i dont know what to do with resulting file.

Would be so nice if u helped because this is the problem that actually prevents me from fixing bugs in this map...

{EDIT}
Hi guys, i posted a similar thread in tools section but i got no reply.

The problem is this - i got a map with a huge amount of triggers (150) and i need a comfortable way to search anything i need (function name, etc) in all triggers. World editor does not provide any ways to do this , only Ctrl-Shift-F through each trigger which is so annoying.

So i need to export triggers somehow, and get them all in an editing tool in a comfortable way. There is an export trigger option in WE but i dont know what to do with resulting file.

Would be so nice if u helped because this is the problem that actually prevents me from fixing bugs in this map...

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 15
First: Do you use JASS or GUI? I assume you use JASS, since its impossible to work with GUI outside the WE.

1) Download MPQ Master.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/mpq-master-v1-2-0-a-62935/

2) Use it to open you map. Check the Warcraft III listfile when you are prompted to select your listfile.

3) Right-click war3map.j and extract it. This contains all your trigger data.

4) Open it with Notepad or some other tool you use. You could try JASS Craft and replace the blizzard.j and common.j (in its folder) with those in the Warcraft Folder. It should check the syntax properly.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jasscraft/

5) You can easily search you function names and all that. However, do remember to copy the function from notepad/whatever to WE. You cannot update the triggers via any other way, as far as I know.

That's the easiest way I know of, but you still have to look for where your functions belong. I suggest you add a little comment including the trigger name at the start of every trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.