• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is there any way to copy a group of triggers together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have a map, and I decided to change the terrain settings, so I made a new map. But is there any way to select all the triggers there and paste it in the other map? Cause it will take 8 million years to select the triggers one by one.

You can use an mpq editor (download here):
  • Open original map with MPQ editor, and extract needed date.
  • Open target map with MPQ editor, and import data (replace, if asked).
It would also keep the folder structure the same. What map data is exactly needed may vary a bit, but for pure triggers these 3 files should be enough (for triggers, custom triggers, and if strings are used): war3map - wct/wtg/wts:

mpq.png

Furthermore if...
  • regions are needed -> war3map.w3r
  • cams are needed -> war3map.w3c
    ... and more ...
Here would be complete list with short info what each file does. W3M and W3X Files Format
But if triggers don't interfere with these other objects then it's not needed. Object editor might be for most maps a thing, though, you need to check what will be used from the list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.