• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Destructibles created through triggers don't have minimap icons (Any way to generate icons?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I'm trying to create minimap icons like trees or buildings would have through triggers. I can't have anything pre-placed on the map.

Let me start off by saying that I DON'T want there to be a unit that you can select/see/interact with in any way.

Things I've tried that don't work:
Locust units - don't have minimap icons.
Destructibles - don't have minimap icons when created via triggers

These were the 2 solutions that came to mind. Unfortunately, they don't work. Anyone know a possible solution to this?

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
Let me start off by saying that I DON'T want there to be a unit that you can select/see/interact with in any way.

Things I've tried that don't work:
Locust units - don't have minimap icons.
If you don't want units to be seen, then why make actual units?

I can't have anything pre-placed on the map.
Why? Please enlighten me, because what you're asking is quite confusing. And most likely can only be done in a weird, unsafe and absurd way.

These were the 2 solutions that came to mind. Unfortunately, they don't work. Anyone know a possible solution to this?
I only see one besides the weird one, use PRE-PLACED stuff.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
If you don't want units to be seen, then why make actual units?

Why? Please enlighten me, because what you're asking is quite confusing. And most likely can only be done in a weird, unsafe and absurd way.

I only see one besides the weird one, use PRE-PLACED stuff.

I'm randomly generating my map using locust units and pathing blockers to represent walls and rooms. The issue is that the minimap remains blank after generating the terrain, walls (locust units), and destructibles through triggers. I was hoping for some method/trick to do this. Obviously units create a minimap icon but once you give them locust it stops displaying. I was hoping for some trick to maybe get the units icon to remain visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.