• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

any Games for a non-Gaming Laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So I'm looking For Games for my Laptop (If you're gonna suggest Team Fortress 2, Then no need, I have that game), Now most of my Games lag a lot and I usually uninstall them, I play Warcraft III and whatnot, but sometimes I want to play other games. So nay games that work on these specs?

Computer Specs:
Rating: 4.7 Windows Experienve Index
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3217u CPU 1.80 Ghz
RAM: 1.90
System Type: 64 Bit PRocessor and Operating System

The Games I have:
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne
Minecraft
RPG Games (For Youtube)
Team Fortress 2 (Doesn't respond so much)
Hearthstone
Heroes of the Storm Technical Alpha (Updating to Beta Soon)

If you guys don't want to leave suggestions then don't, If you want then you may, I'm just asking for opinions and whatnot.

Level 3
League of Legends
Age of Empires
Assassins Creed

You should be able to play most games on low tbh.

edit: nvm, 1.9 ram? are you kidding me? I am surprised your computer can handle Minecraft with that.

I'm pretty surprise myself that my Laptop can Handle some of my Games (Excluding TF2 and HotS).

Level 15
That spec... What is your GPU?
I almost same Windows Experience Index and I was able to play Assassins Creed 1 a couple years ago (now it super lag even use custom ini setting because i never clean my laptop). So I believe you can play:
Borderlands 1, try Borderlands 2 with lowest setting and custom ini setting, I got 20 - 50 fps with that
Left 4 Dead 2 is lightweight too
Unreal Tournament 1999 and 2004 are fun and can play smoothly
Halo 2 is really fun and can play repeatly
Portal and Half Life series should work too
Torchlight 2, Fate series, StarWars Battlefront 1 and 2. Also republic commando

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
If you love RPGs, I recommend getting Baldurs Gate 2 and the expansion Throne of Bhaal if you haven't played it yet. It's a gem of unparalleled quality and dedication that can not be found in modern games. Plus, due to the 2D graphics, it still actually looks decent even today, especially if you get the enhanced edition.

Level 11
Computer Specs:
Rating: 4.7 Windows Experienve Index
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3217u CPU 1.80 Ghz
RAM: 1.90
System Type: 64 Bit PRocessor and Operating System

This system is not that old but good for notebook for doing office work, certainly not a gaming machine. Atleast in the current market. If you increase your ram you can greatly reduce the lag you experience. Perhaps its the max ram your board supports then :p

All games made before 2005 should work fine. Any game which uses shaders 2 will not work or will display horrible quality graphics (even if this game is made before 2005). Lots of good games were made at that time. Lack of graphics does not mean bad gameplay. If you play RPGs keep an eye out for Torment: Tides of Numenera, which should technically run on older systems like yours.

I can understand your pain somewhat. I bought a laptop with similar configuration few years back and later everyone was using i6 and old computers and laptops become scrap pieces. I gave mine to my grandpa who plays solitare and free cell on it endlessly. It is a gaming laptop for him :p

Status
Not open for further replies.