• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Wrong Section. This is announcements, not race discussion.

So the resource section will be for all resource discussion including wips, resource finding, or resource suggestions.

So basically these 3 things (examples).
"Here is my latest wip of my model"
"Does any one know where I can find the troll bear rider model"
"What model should I use for my murloc siege unit."

All in favor.

Level 15
Woot, way to go Veljko. The next one probably won't be for a while if we have it, but if there is another one I would suggest doing a team race building contest. The reason being, is that the amount of entries will be cut in half (less judging) and the quality of the races will duplicate. (two people working on one race, meaning more will get accomplished.)

Level 13
Nope, practically it's an executable, with an MPQ inside of it, that makes wc3 load said MPQ, along with the normal files. I had to include a modified Blizzard.j inside the MPQ to make melee maps use the Blood Elves instead of the Humans and to add triggered spells. It doesn't move nor modify any of the normal wc3 files.

But if you're unsure about that, you can still try the map I included instead of the SEMPQ, you may lose some *bling*, though. :wink:

Level 15
Due to some RL plans, I will be inactive for the next 3 months. I will be travelling around visiting friends and family. So to avoid complete chaos due to the absence of a leader, I have decided to transfer the group ownership to VeljkoM. I see him as being the most fit for the job and I hope that he can keep this group more active then I could.
I can't really say how often I will be on because I don't really know if there will be internet where ever I am staying, but I will try my best to pop in every once and awhile. Good luck with your projects.

Level 15
lol, ya you will definetley see alot of that. This group was VERY spam infested when I became owner. That is why I don't want ot leave this group without an active owner. (It might start up again with the spam fests, lol)

Level 15
Pretty much. That's why a new leader with some motivation was needed; to revive this group and take it to it's full potential. I'm sure that you can delete a few more of the dead discussions.

Level 15
A while ago I PMed most of the creators asking if their project was still alive. I got rid of several dead ones that way. You should Try that again. You might be able to get rid of somemore.

Level 21
Ok seems this group need to be reminded of few guidelines and some basic race making rules.

First, this group has rules and I would like people to remember Rule #5
- Do not make new discussion unless the race is approved.
Reason is there are 17 discussions that you see. I on the other hand can see all 40. To make discussion I suggest first that race be in at least beta stage and by that I mean have playable map and at least some progress that people can test and give ideas. No more concepts that die after 4-5 posts. Use Race projects for concepts better.

Second there is tutorial on How to create custom race by first group owner Interceptor. These are guidelines you need to have in mind though there are a lot of things that should be considered like what abilities fit units and what heroes (also simply making OP ability and upgrade does not mean its balanced). You don't have to follow ever guideline if you can make balanced alternative. In fact it is good idea to think outside of box and make your race not clone of existing race. Also I suggest to use this system by Mephestrial for implementing new race. I may one day write more guidelines regarding what should and should not be done when making race.

Seeing as there is sudden interest again in this group I hope we all can make it functional again or at least help each other to actually create and finish new races.

Level 21
Let me make myself clear for the last time. No more new discussions. To get your race approved you must have playable demo. There are two Discussions for concepts already. And also let me point out that I am actually leader of this group, I am at top officer. I want this group to be serious not spam fest as Social Groups are already in bad situation and I can assure you most people on hive would like to see them removed. So please follow the painfully simple rules and show to everyone that Social Groups have potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.