• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Announcement:
Interceptor, race/images/skill/special effects creator/planner. (<-- that's too plain, I would like yours to be longer, but I don't have too much time right now)

Greet my sister, Maya. I've made exception for her, since she hasn't created anything with world editor, but may give some nice ideas and is also a good physicist (lol) and photographer.

Level 35
Joined... Dunno If i'll come up with any new techtree idea at the moment, but 'll try to help out whomever is in need.

I'm a skinner, modeller, trigger, loadinscreen/icon/map preview creator, image creator and terrain person and of course with quite a bit general knowledge about wc3 editor related stuff... Feel free to ask at any time.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
RED BARON said:
I'm a skinner, modeller, trigger, loadinscreen/icon/map preview creator, image creator and terrain person and of course with quite a bit general knowledge about wc3 editor related stuff... Feel free to ask at any time.
Hmm... You wouldn't happen to know anything about dual-anim sets, like DonDustin's Puppetmaster?

Level 9
[highlight]New rule:[/code] discussions that do not discuss things related to this group, or haven't got new posts for the last 2 weeks AND do not contain important things*, are deleted.
*These include: explanations, plans, active/paused projects, attachments, links and anything else I judge as important using common sense.

Level 9
[highlight]New rule:[/code] in order to approve new members, I need the agreement from: Kyrbi0, Misha, Chaos., tleno, Wazzz and Alagremm, who are future highlighted as Major members or vice moderators. Anyone else can become a Major member if s/he contributes to the group enough.

Edit: tleno is now a Major member.

Level 9
Races.png

This is proposed to be the new group avatar. Major members, vote for approval.
I hold my vote. The picture is funny but slightly retarded regarding their faces xD

Level 35
I agree with that rule, sounds cool to me :D
Will this thread be used for it announcing new comers and the votes?
The model is confusing me :S
But... I sorta like it, not sure if I'd have it for Race Creators so much as modelling, as tleno says.
Therefore, my vote is against it (sorry, Alagremm!), I'd like a picture more like... um... ah crap... can't think... of... anything... propeganda-ish...
Perhaps a picture of a Dwarf creating something? Or a picture of something/someone creating something/someone/some big shit universe?
And thx for making me major member, Interceptor :D

Level 15
even if it is that small, you could still know that its a tech tree. And its works with the theme.

Level 35
True true... well, it has my vote. It's more suitable and will do. If we find something better, it takes its place, though.

Mind you, I quite like the DNA one we have, it's pretty clever what with the theme of creation and all that... could have a picture of a baby lol, or maybe an embryo? Or even a gleam in the milkman's eye?

Level 9
The suggested Techtree looked rather blurred when I added it. The DNA stays here as long as we find something that fits.
Announcement: this thread is being currently used as a message board and democratic discussions regarding the group. The first post has been edited.
Announcement: competitions are allowed. There is one currently running competition. There is no limit of competitions that can be run at the same time. Starting a new competition must receive an agreement from the Major members (see 1st page). Competitions on things not related to the mentioned in the group description are NOT allowed. Competition submitting threads are removed as soon as pastebin autodeletes the submitted results. Be sure to keep your maps on safe places.

Level 35
So, ppl who have joined may do competitions to do with modelling, unit creation and spells if I'm correct. Also, any other topics may be suggested, but may not be accepted (e.g. we're not really about terrain, but could consider a competition if you actually suggest it. I would be against it every time, though, as this group is about race creation, not actual map-making so to speak).

Kyrbi0 is a nice individual, def. contributed, more so than quite a few members and been quite active as of late, so I can only assume Kyrbi0 has been active a lot. Anyway, Interceptor said Kyrbi0 has so that's more than good enough for me :p

About the avatar. Could edit the DNA picture, but what would we add... well, this isn't my field. Could use the picture I have in my profile of the pissed off Grandpa lol... but that's not really good for us :p

Level 35
Also, when it comes to punishments, should the Major Members vote on what should be done, or will it be entirely in decision of you, Interceptor? I personally don't mind either way, but if it is made that Major Members vote on punishments, things could get softer... and we don't want soft lol. Fact is, if you join this group, there are rules you need to follow, and what's the point of being in this group if you don't do anything and all that stuff which you're enforcing. I personally think you have the right idea and hope you stick with it :)

Level 9
Punishments regarding the rules are made entirely by me. There is no need to ask whether we should punish anyone that violates them. As for the competitions, as long as they are given in the right way: hero for Naga race instead of Water hero, unit for Demon race instead of fire unit, model for Protoss race instead of some doodad etc. are allowed if other Major members agree. However, terrain is not allowed.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Hmm...
1. You make mention to "Major Members" in the social group description, but don't mention who they are (leading to vagueness).
2. Also, I don't think we should require people with "100% planned/created races" to join; merely people interested in creating races and the discussion thereof.

Level 23
Well, he hasnt done anything yet on hive.
If he gives us an example of his works or ideas, we will choose if he is worthy of becoming our member.
But there is a really big chance that in a week or even a few days he will stop visiting Hive.

Level 35
To me, tleno does enough, he's taking a part in our competition and swings by every now and again to say hi and offer advice, which is all we really ask.

As for 100% of one of the things, that's only too easy. You only need one complete race, or one complete techtree, or even just one complete model (others listed on front). To me, this group should be about knowledgeable race creators gathering in discussion. This group is not about making a noob a good race creator, it's about making a good race creator better.

On the other hand, perhaps some of us could offer help to those whom seek it? The only problem I see with this is that it's almost impossible to teach something like race creation. The primary steps must be taken on your own, allowing your own style to develop.

Level 35
Now, I reject West because he has just joined and has nothing to offer yet. However, if he can show us a satisfactory result of any of the fields Interceptor has outlined, then perhaps he could get given a chance. However, I notice he has not been on hive very long and has not made any contributions, but has already joined 3 other Social Groups. This group is not just another one to put on your list, it's designed for development of sorts.

Level 35
Hehe, the race creators are the Chosen Ones lol.
Or, we may also be known as... The Forsaken Ones!!!

Jokes aside, the idea is that we are experienced modders from different fields coming together, and we could even possibly get to working on a project together at some point in the future. However, competitions and speculation of bettering ourselves is what we do, not instructing noobs with no sign of any basic work or motivation to at least do something worthwhile each month. We are not just a group, we are... THE FORSAKEN ONES!!! (Eerie laughter echoes down the posts, causing a disruption to Alagremm as he tries to squeeze his last chocolate sausage out into the toilet basin)

Level 15
I had actually thought about designing a race together. We could have like a weekly race creation. And someone would pick a race and with all of our knowledge combined, we could make it the most epic race ever. Trying to think of how to make it unique in every way. I say we should start doing a weekly race creation after this competition.

Level 27
Well, I am very lazy an I may "forget" to make race in time for competition... :D
And I usually make races for myself. I just think its most fun world editor...

Oh, and maybe before kicking someone out of this group we should send him visitor message? Becauce sometimes someone might not be able to get to his PC or internet...

Level 9
Hm, tleno, I think I may put you too on the Major member list. You look promising :p I'll consider that.
Chaos., this is one of the best ideas comming from you. I'll consider that too.
Wazzz, you keep earning higher and higher respect from me, know that :p

West_ has been rejected.

Level 23
Interesting idea.
There are many popular new race maps on Hive, but almost all of them are stupid.
If we combine our powers and knowledge we could make so awesome races, the Hive has never seen!
But we need to make Race Creators group race standarts.
Like, using blizzard models, make races according to lore e.t.c.

Level 35
Well, weekly may be a bit sudden, but if we made it that we come up with a race, put our minds in on it and see where we can take it, it may take less than a week to make it perfect, it may take more. So long as we get it picture perfect and balanced enough, it would be great.

Lore is somewhat limiting, but would be very interesting indeed to see where we can take it. If we combine accuracy of lore, gameplay and the overall look and feel of the race, we could come up with the best ideas ever. I have great ideas for gameplay, I know that about myself, but the fact is this is a joint effort and when it comes to making tough decisions, majority rules. Now, the thing is, what will our end product be? A map with 8 Extra Races, a campaign for a few races, a campaign with 8 Extra Races, etc.? We could accomplish all of these, but I say we can do a joint effort on a campaign.

Level 35
Now, I have an awesome idea which will maximise gameplay, but I need the okay from Alagremm to do with the lore. I must ask, what do the Pandaren do and what races do they accociate/clash with? I was thinking Pandarens fighting the Burning Legion or something, and have an idea of what to do with each race (Pandarens have only few units with many, many upgrades and abilities, Burning Legion uses Portals), but would that actually happen? I always see the Pandaren as peaceful yet powerful when need be, sort of like Buddhist monks (although, Buddhist monks, as far as I know, tend not to fight at all, just practice the Martial Arts).

Thx for the respect, Interceptor, appreciate it :). Just gotta keep busy wit teh group, dawg lol

Level 23
We could make races for people who are making campaigns or maps.
Official race makers of Hive. For example a guy who is maing a campaign says: "Oh no, I need to make a super awesome race, that would fit and would be playable! What should I do?" "Wait! What is that? Is that a plane? Is that a bird? No! It is the race creators group!" xD

Level 23
Pandaren were ancient friends of the night elves. But since the sundering, they were not so friendly as before. Pandaren are usually really lazy, they only like to travel. They prefer the Alliance, but some fight for the Horde. They have a socalled Foreign Legion of Pandaria(Pandaren army in the outer world made of other races. People who were in it can become members of Pandaren society, and live in Pandaria). Pandaren arent fighting the Legion(But they could fight it with great ferocity)

Level 35
I'll hold my vote, too, as I do not see any proof ATM.
Also, I don't like the fact that he said "loads of different races", sounds like he can't commit and doesn't really take it all that seriously. Although this is a fun thing, it would be less fun if it came to baby-sitting him/her/it/neither.

If bobbuttons can show proof, then I will reconsider my thoughts on him. ATM, I'm thinking no, but want to see what he/she/it/what?!? has to offer.

Level 35
But you have made race models and such, which is already more than enough, have you not? Those are one of the things we allow, and you do them well, if someone can offer that, then they're welcome along, so long as they remain active. However, if we just let anyone in for no particular reason, then where would that leave those of us who want to increase our chances of making a flawless campaign or something of the likes? With members like you, we can request models and such, which would be great ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.