• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heroes of the Storm (Blizzard's New Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I am surprised that Hiveworkshop did not announce the Heroes of the Storm. This is the new hero brawl genre of blizzard..

This game is just the same as Dota, LoL and HoN..

Also the Blizzcon 2013 was not announced in the hive news.. omg..

Level 23
There was a discussion about blizzcon here, but I don't think there was anything worth telling through the news at all. Just some things that could be discussed. Link

HoTS is still in an early state I suppose so I don't think there still anything interesting enough to add in the news. Beta will be release on 2014 I think, so I guess that'll be the time when the news will be placed. :/

Just my thoughts though, maybe Warchief Orcnet will add it to the next news batch.

Level 6
There was a discussion about blizzcon here, but I don't think there was anything worth telling through the news at all. Just some things that could be discussed.

HoTS is still in an early state I suppose so I don't think there still anything interesting enough to add in the news. Beta will be release on 2014 I think, so I guess that'll be the time when the news will be placed. :/

Just my thoughts though, maybe Warchief Orcnet will add it to the next news batch.

So as you see in the video can it replace the LoL, DotA and HoN?..

Level 36
I'd name Heroes of the Storm HS, which could be a pun on Hearthstone.
- And I'm not talking about that... Game.

I'm actually also kind of looking forwards to this game, even though I never liked Hero Brawls. There's just something about the look and feel of the game that seems... Appealing.

Besides, I love how Blizzard isn't being so damn dignified about their games that they can mash them up together and create a good looking game without feeling like they have to justify it.

Last edited:

Cokemonkey11

Code Reviewer
Level 29
Why did they name it Heroes of the Storm when they just named a SC2 expansion Heart of the Swarm? Seems like a big mistake to me...

HotS = SC2 expansion.
HotS != this AoS since it already is a SC2 expansion.

To be fair, HotS was already a sc2 mod they were developing before they decided to a expand to a full game. It's technically probably older than both heart of the storm and hearthstone.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
To be fair, HotS was already a sc2 mod they were developing before they decided to a expand to a full game. It's technically probably older than both heart of the storm and hearthstone.
Yes except the name of HotS as the first SC2 expansion was defined long before SC2 was even released. This was logically long before they even though of trying to make the mod (which only started because of a popular backlash at SC2 modding).

There was this thread posted a while back:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-gaming-565/heroes-storm-243264/

It won't really be exactly the same as DotA, LoL, HoN (thank goodness). Those games strictly have AoS play (as far as I know). Heroes of the Storm will be battleground-based (each battleground has a different objective). IMO, that makes it much better than the other games already. Battlegrounds are pretty much a staple of PvP in WoW, and I've always found them enjoyable (most of them). I think we can expect the same from Heroes of the Storm. :)

It will become a great competition for those games since it does have a good gameplay (from how I look at it) and it has an editor but I don't think it will "replace" those completely.

I didn't know they were making an editor for it. +1 for that. I learned something new.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
By the looks of things it will use a hybrid editor between SC2 (where the idea came from) and the one they use for creating D3 areas.

I am not joking about D3... If you look at the gameplay graphics, physics and animations it really looks like they ported a lot of it from D3. Even the way how you can use walkable structures and things (how a lot of D3 areas were made). I wonder if it uses asynchronous multiplayer like D3 as well (since most AoS games seem to).

Yeah it does have its similarities.

But it having an editor excites me (even if it is kinda limited). With heroes as free to play, I'm pretty sure we could get a decent modding community for it here on the hive. :) I have no doubt that the game will be popular. We just need them to hand us over some beta keys like they did with Sc2's launch. ;D

Level 23
So are you telling me we will not longer use World Editor?... because of the looks on it its better to mod using the graphics like HotS that Warcraft... also if it has more features than WE....

I think the editor will not be as good as WarCraft 3 WE. Judging from the videos, HoTS have different "maps" with different mechanics and I think all products of that editor will have to stick to some kinda of mechanics. Something that is similar to all "maps" in HoTS. Which pretty much makes it more limited than WE.

Besides, WE can run on almost any PC these days. and HoTS will have higher requirements so I don't think we will "No longer use World Editor".

So,
Just.. No. lol

Level 1
I am surprised that Hiveworkshop did not announce the Heroes of the Storm. This is the new hero brawl genre of blizzard..

Also the Blizzcon 2013 was not announced in the hive news.. omg..

:ogre_haosis:

Nice game, but not as deep as most MOBAs. I think they are trying to appeal to a broader audience, but it just might end up hurting them in the end.

I mean there is no items, no runes, no individual leveling, no last hitting... shallow.

Status
Not open for further replies.