• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Are you kidding, I'm kicking all you land dwellers out. Sea dwellers only. :p just kidding of course.
Well, I'll PM Hakeem then. Unless anybody has any objections.

Level 15
PMed Hakeem, and he gave me access to creating and owning social groups. So now we just need to wait for Interceptor to hit the transfer group button.

Level 15
Why wouldn't he. He basically left this group to die. I can guarentee you that he wouldn't care.
Besides I told him that if he ever came back and wanted the group back, then I would give it to him.

Level 15
If he wants it back when he becomes active again then he can have it. It's just that a few more months with absolutely no control would destroy this group.

Level 15
@Misha, lol, so true.
Done. Now my humble servants, come and worship your new leader. lol.

Alright one thing that absolutely must be done is to get rid of all these dead discussions. To have a new discussion for every single race is ridiculous. Most of them get to about 30 posts and die out. So I think that we should make 1 discussion for all races. When ever a specific race is being discussed write in bold, red letters the name of the race at the top of each post to avoid confusion. Seeing like 18 inactive discussions is very unattractive to viewers. So if this is agreed upon, then I will make the new discussion called Race Projects and I will give everyone some time to take all important info from there discussion and post it into the new discussion. Another benefit of this is that every one will be able to see the ideas of the existing races without having to go through 200 hundred posts of discussion.

Any objections?

Level 23
I agree, thought I think we should also make a thread Pending Ideas where people will post their race ideas. Then we will create a thread Race Ideas, where no posting is allowed. You can only post your race ideas there, but only if they were approved in Pending Ideas.

In everything else I agree with you Chaos.

Level 15
I was thinking the same thing. Have one for discussion and idea generator and another for final ideas. It would defeinately make it less confusing to know what is actually going to be in a race and what was just a suggestion.

so discussions will be:
"Announcements" -announcements and group decisions.
"Race Projects" -will be the final ideas of the race. Which can be edited as needed.
"Race Discussion" -Idea generator and race development
"Resources" -Models, skins, icons, voices, UI, etc.

Level 23
So I guess for normal race-talk we will use Race discussion? Because Announcments were used for off-topic and other junk for quite a long time. Resources... so it will be place where we will post list of recommended models for races and ask and answer questions about what model should one use for some unit of a race?

Level 15
Yes the race discussion would be for normal race talk.

Rescources would be more for wips of models and stuff (Misha's lab, lol). Or if you made a voice set or UI then you can post there. If you need a model suggestion for one of your units then just use Race Discussion.

Race projects would be where you put the list of units, buildings, features, etc. If you need more ideas for that race then use Race discussion. If someone gives you an idea that you liked better then the one you had, then you go into Race Projects and edit your post.

Level 15
Announcement: Announcement discussion has been cleaned. I left the whole talk about the hive workshop race that took up the last several pages. If whoever was making that, actually wants to make that and wasn't just joking, then please copy all important info from it because it will be purged.

Announcements will now be strickly for announcements and group discussion. Everything else will be posted in the other 3 discussions. Any spam or race ideas posted in the Announcements will be immediately deleted.

You know, it is really freaky that the total number of posts deleted today by me from this discussion is 666.

Also, Other discussions are up so start moving any important info from older discussions to the appropriate new ones.

Level 15
Once you have searched through your discussions and removed all important info, please let me know so that I can delete them.

Level 15
So I can delete all the following?
Alagremm:
Sword of frost
Fall of Draenor
Arakkoa
Highborne

Veljkom:
Rise of the Twilight

Level 15
Honestly.. why the heck do you care? >:/ I am now discussing it in Race Discussion. So Elementals discussion is pointless. I read the whole discussion before starting the elemental race. There isnt that much important info. And if there is any then just cnp it to Race Discussion.

Level 15
Well? I'm not gonna delete any discussions without the makers permission. So if you say no then I won't touch it. I just want to know why it is neccissary.

Also, I'm still waiting for a reply from wazzz and some others about there discussions. Tomorrow if there is no reply I will message them about it. We've got the ammount of discussions down from 22 to 11. Lets try and get that don't even more.

Level 15
Question: Should we keep the Resource discussion.
Reason: I just can't picture it being active. We will probably only get posts like once a month when Misha shows a new model wip. And then maybe 5-6 posts of "Looks awesome" or something like that. If someone wants to show a resource, then they can just do it in race discussion.
Opinions???? Please don't just write yes or no. Give me reasons.

Level 15
Nah, if some one wants to use some unused ideas then they can just reread through the Race discussion. No need to make a new discussion for that.

Level 15
Well, should we turn that into a modeler finder? Like if you need a model, you could ask for it there.
(Not to be confused with a request discussion. I mean if you can't find a needed model then you could ask if any one else has seen it some where.)

Level 27
well, we could use it as "What model (Or any other kind of resource) would you recommend" disscussion .

Guys, I just came up with one of greatest tech tree ideas ever while creating tlenoTech race for Daily Peon RP. So, instead of using few types of uildings that train few unit types and provide research for them, there is one unit creating building (Shall we say "summoning gates") and few buildings that allow you to create new types of units in the training building (Like shall we say "Bestiary" that allows to create raiders or whatever) and provide research for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.