• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animation Sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I am making an RPG type of map, and in it I have a ghoul playing the piano. It is the only suitable character for the job and has the perfect animation that suits its style (Stand Channel) and I made a region around it that plays the sound I want to represent the music. However, on each animation cycle (Trigger set to play it once a second) the ghoul plays the sound that occurs when it uses cannibalize (as that uses its Stand Channel animation).

By the way, this is a totally new unit without the ability to use cannibalize, and is infact exactly thesame as the paladin except for the model, until I edit its stats.

So my question is, is there a way of getting rid of the sound that keeps playing every time the animation is played?

Level 8
What? I don't get your point. The sound is triggered when a unit play's the stand channel animation? Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but there's no "unit plays animation" event.
If you would ask me, i would say you are using "starts the effect of an ability" and "casting ability equal cannibalize" to play the piano sound.

Be more specific and explain things better, or post the map/trigger/script.

Level 8
Im confused.....I think the sound/music plays etc but when it plays (when ghoul is using the channeling spell) you also hear its cannibalize sound (at the same time of your sound plays. So your hearing your sound + the ghouls cannibalize sound). Is it something like that, right?
We'll if it is, the only way I know is that you have to edit the ghoul model so it doesn't have that sound when it uses cannbalize.

Level 8
AAAh, you meant the ghouls cannibalize sound. The only way is editing the model as Garfield1337 said. The same goes for death sound anims and every sound played through a unti anim. We got nice tutorials on the hive, look for one. Also, if you only need the piano and nothign else, you can edit the channels volume by triggers. But everything in the cannel would get 0 volume too, so if you need them, is time to model editing.

Level 14
There is another way! You can import a sound and over-write the cannibalize sound so it plays a different sound. This will make all ghouls do that, so if you use ghouls anywhere in the map that have cannibalize it'll mess that up.

The cannibalize sound is here:

Units\Undead\Ghoul\Cannibalize.wav

So you can go to your import manager, import a quiet sound, or whatever sound you like, check "use custom path" and put in the above link.

Level 8
LOL don't knew you could replace .mpq sound files! that's sure a good thing to know

edit: that was not sarcastic

Last edited:
Level 8
Actually, i wasn't being sarcastic. I really don't knew you could import .wav files replacing other files just as you do with custom model, skins. Well, that doesn't matter at all, as long it's working on your map :)

Level 6
Problems with the sound replacement, its my falt realy. I was not able to record a blank sound at the time so i replaced it with a sound effect i already had (an aeroplane sound) just to test wether it worked, and yes it did! The problem now is that when i right click the cannibalize sound in the sounds window and replace the sound with something new, it does not! And all i can hear is the aeroplane still, even when i tried to replace it with the original cannabalize sound. So now im stuck with an even worse sound, so ill try using the editor to get rid of it.

Level 14
Problems with the sound replacement, its my falt realy. I was not able to record a blank sound at the time so i replaced it with a sound effect i already had (an aeroplane sound) just to test wether it worked, and yes it did! The problem now is that when i right click the cannibalize sound in the sounds window and replace the sound with something new, it does not! And all i can hear is the aeroplane still, even when i tried to replace it with the original cannabalize sound. So now im stuck with an even worse sound, so ill try using the editor to get rid of it.

You don't need to use the sound editor at all for this. When you import the sound and overwrite the cannibalize location (the one I put above) the computer will play that sound rather than the cannibalize one. Go back to the sound editor and get rid of whatever you were doing. Go to the import editor and delete the aeroplane sound you imported. Then import a new blank sound and check the custom box and set it to the cannibal sound.

Level 7
Here you go, I removed the Cannibalize sound from the model. Just import it and set the Ghoul Unit you want to play the piano to this model.

Its a pretty simple process, so im not quite sure what the whole fuss was about.

Enjoy (;

If you need anything else to be done with the Ghoul Model, Hargoth, just post

Attachments

• Ghoul_decannibalize.mdx
    277 KB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.