• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making Death Animations Silent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
So I need some units to play their death animation offscreen as part of a cinematic so that they'll look like a bunch of corpses. This all works out very nicely except that no matter where the camera is on the small map, you can hear them play their death sound just after map initialization. I've read people saying you just need to set the animations sound channel to 0 volume for the duration of their animation, but that isn't working for me.

Here's the general structure of my current trigger:

• Ship and Disembark
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Sound - Set Animation and Spell Sounds to 0.00%
      • Animation - Play Worker 0060 <gen>'s death animation
      • Animation - Play Fiery Soul Mage 0062 <gen>'s death animation
      • Animation - Play Worker 0061 <gen>'s death animation
      • Animation - Play Fiery Soul Mage 0063 <gen>'s death animation
      • Wait 2.00 game-time seconds
      • Sound - Play HistoryUnveiled <gen>
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Archmage 0029 <gen> named Coruscada: Play No sound and display Tavleon and I did n.... Modify duration: Set to 3.00 seconds and Wait
      • Sound - Set Animation and Spell Sounds to 100.00%
I've tried it with the other sound channel types but those don't work either.

Level 25
You could try remove the sound from the model. Play around with the model in Magos (war 3 model editor), it should be as simple as deleting the death sound from the node manager.

Another thing you could try is to set every player's camera height to something very high (10000 should be fine) before playing those death animations, this should put all players out of the sound's range.

Status
Not open for further replies.