• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

All Hero Abilities Based On Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm just wondering how realistic this idea is. I'd like to base all of my heroes abilities on stats. I know how to include stats in equations for ability effects that are already triggered, but I'm not sure about ability effects that are mainly done through the object editor. Is it worth even starting this process, or is there some sort of system that would help me do this? Thanks alot for any advice.

Level 18
Sure, it's a good idea to make fairly original abilities and requires more fun in the gameplay because you need pick your primary attribute well and (if possible) pick the right attributes to add (by tomes or something).

I use this for nearly every ability in my FF IX campaign (since it's in the game mechanics to base ability damage on magic or strength :wink:) and I can assume that people will like it :)

Good luck!

Level 4
its tedious. but well worth it IMO. i as well am making every heros ability scale through their primary attribute in my map. u pretty much gotta trigger every hero ability in the game. or, well, just the abilities that u dub necessary :)

Status
Not open for further replies.