• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Creating New Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello, I am working on an RPG and only know how to use GUI. I am giving the heroes 10 stats they can level up and have run into a problem. I based a lot of these stats on item abilities and recently found out item abilities cannot be leveled up via triggers.

So for ex, I have a stat called Vitality that raises Life Regeneration by non-percentage amounts. I used the ring of health ability so that anytime Vitality is learned Ring of Health will be leveled. Now obviously this didn't work. I'm wondering if there's a way to level item abilities or an alternative. I really want to avoid auras/buffs if possible.

Stats I'll need in case anyone's curious: Life Regen, Mana Regen, and Movespeed.

Thanks in advance. I did look it up however I could not find any solutions and I got lost with all the item ability threads.

Level 11
Hello
As I understand it, the best option would be to use passive skills. Create a fictitious ability (ability without effect, only to make it look like it has it) passive.
This ability must be a unit or a hero, and must have a certain number of levels. Then simply create a trigger that recognizes the level of the ability and gives effect according to that level. For that you should use some formula, such as: "skill lvl × 2 regen HP p. Sec", for example (I do not know the real data)

Status
Not open for further replies.