• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Basic Health Regen Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So, I made a hero health regeneration ability based on the ring of health ability (Item Life Regen). I setup the ability to regenerate 2 hp/sec at level 1, 4 hp/sec at level 2, 6 hp/sec at level 3, and so on up to 20 hp/sec at level 10. For some reason though, the ability does not work. When I learn level 1 of the ability, I am gaining about 5 or so hp a second (according to my attempt at counting :wink:), and ranking up the skill does not change the regeneration amount at all. Thus leaving me with about 5 hp/sec at any level of the ability.

Any thoughts as to why this might happen or how I could fix it? It's probably some stupid error that I am overlooking, as thats what my problems tend to be :hohum:. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Level 34
Possibly the hero? Heroes have natural health regeneration. Check your hero's stats in the object editor. Also try basing it off of another skill, although this one should work.

Level 12
u know what
U shoud make a new ability (same effect)
Its easier to make
Base it of Unholy aura
-make movement speed bonus = 0
-customize the model and otehr stuff that u want stuff
-change the regen rate every level
-Change who the aura affects so it only effects ur self

------fool proof-------

Level 4
Possibly the hero? Heroes have natural health regeneration. Check your hero's stats in the object editor. Also try basing it off of another skill, although this one should work.

Thought of that. As it is supposed to be a vehicle that is the hero, I already set the base health regen to 0. I also set the health regen per strength point in gameplay constants to zero. What other abilities are there that do this? I couldn't think of any.

u know what
U shoud make a new ability (same effect)
Its easier to make
Base it of Unholy aura
-make movement speed bonus = 0
-customize the model and otehr stuff that u want stuff
-change the regen rate every level
-Change who the aura affects so it only effects ur self

------fool proof-------
The only problem is that unholy aura is a percentage health regen boost. Im looking for a boost buy a specified number.

Level 12
you based it off the Item ability, right?

Item abilities do, for some reason, not replace the first level with any of the next level.

Try doing this(although im not sure it works):
1. Create a Dummy ability
2. Use this trigger
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Gains a Level
  • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Leveling unit)) Equal to YourUnitType
  • Actions
    • Set AbilityLevel = (Level of YourAbility for YourUnit)
    • Wait until ((Level of YourAbility for YourUnit) Greater than AbilityLevel) checking every 1 seconds
    • Unit - Add YourSkill to (Leveling unit)
NOTE : This trigger is not MUI. It will not work on several heroes at the same time. It will only work properly if there is only one of the heroes using it. I could make it MUI, so just say so if you want me to.

Level 4
you based it off the Item ability, right?

Item abilities do, for some reason, not replace the first level with any of the next level.

Try doing this(although im not sure it works):
1. Create a Dummy ability
2. Use this trigger
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Gains a Level
  • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Leveling unit)) Equal to YourUnitType
  • Actions
    • Set AbilityLevel = (Level of YourAbility for YourUnit)
    • Wait until ((Level of YourAbility for YourUnit) Greater than AbilityLevel) checking every 1 seconds
    • Unit - Add YourSkill to (Leveling unit)
NOTE : This trigger is not MUI. It will not work on several heroes at the same time. It will only work properly if there is only one of the heroes using it. I could make it MUI, so just say so if you want me to.

Ah, that explains that. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll need it MUI, but I know how to do that, so don't worry about it. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.