• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Advanced Melee AI

This tool originates from here

Source code now available at: SMUnlimited/AMAI

Latest Release Notes

AMAI is a mod/tool for Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne made to improve the computer AI of the game in many possible ways.

AMAI will make it easier to edit the War3 AI, harder to beat and more fun.

The goal is to make a human like opponent or ally that both react on events and tries to insult you by chat taunts while playing in a more human like way.

• Personality Profiles: Each AI opponent has a set profile which modifies how it reacts or plays the game. Some can be real chickens and never dare to attack you while others will rush you down.
  • Dynamic Strategies: Constantly monitors the current situation of the game and always try to pick the best suited strategy to counter the enemy forces.
    • The computers will pick from all strategies depending on what kind of units the enemy has, how long the game has been going and what favorite units the current profile has.
  • Enhanced Micromanagement Control
    • To help keep as many units as possible alive by fleeing by town portal, zeppelin or foot.
    • This includes better use of items and healing items.
    • Makes the enemy force suffer as much as possible by focusing fire on the most vulnerable enemy units first if they are in range.
    • Will buy neutral heroes and units.
    • Can occasionally attempt tower rushes and militia/ancient expansions.
  • Enhanced Team Play
    • Coordinates with allies what it will be attacking or will join allies in attacking a target.
    • Human players have access to the Commander, letting you give commands.
    • Asks for aid if running out resources.
  • Surrenders : Based on profiles some AI's will give up when it detects its losing, while others will fight to the death.
  • Chat Support
    • AMAI will taunt enemy players, and share its build strategy with team players.
    • Includes Support for 10 different languages.
  • Easy to use Strategy and Profile editor.
    • Supports an unlimited amount of your own profiles.
    • Supports an unlimited amount of your own strategies.
    • Auto Building feature for example: a AMAI computer only needs to know that it shall build a hero and 15 footmen. It will automatically build all needed buildings, workers and farms in order to get this as fast as possible.

How to play
AMAI release comes with the standard AI scripts pre-built for you.

It is suggested to create a subfolder in your "maps" folder like C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps\AMAI and copy the maps you intend to use AMAI with there.

You can opt to download a map pack containing a selection with AMAI preinstalled on or you can install onto your own maps.

For Warcraft 1.30 onwards you need to use Casc Storages - Main page to extract a copy of the official maps.

On windows make sure the maps to install onto are not in a protected UAC location.
  • This may mean you have to install to maps in a different directory then copy into your Maps folder afterwards
  • Or run installer as an administrator

AMAI Installer
  • The installer has to be downloaded separately as its much larger compared to the AI package.
  • Unzip the contents of the installer to a folder of your choice.
  • Double-click amai-electron-manager.exe to open the installer.
  • You can install to a single map or a whole directory.
229876-72e655a9dd9f2e63484ded955b08e80c.jpg

Warcraft Requirements and Versions​

There are multiple editions of AMAI available to install based on your warcraft 3 version you run with. You must use the correct abrievation to install the correct scripts.Improvements and fixes to the core AI engine will improve the older scripts as well.

• REFORGED(RFG) : The AI scripts intended for the latest version of warcraft 3 1.36+ (regardless if its reforged or not)
  • TFT : The classic Frozen Throne AI scripts intended for TFT 1.24+ version of warcraft 3. Has some forwards compatability support up to 1.31 including 24 player support although tech tree changes in later versions will not be available to the AI.
  • ROC : The classic Reign of Chaos AI scripts intended for ROC 1.24+ version of warcraft 3. Has some forwards compatability support up to 1.31 including 24 player support although tech tree changes in later versions will not be available to the AI.

• Avoid v1.29 of Warcraft 3 as it breaks various things and prevents AMAI from chatting. This is just an issue with this version and you can downgrade or upgrade.

Command Line Install
  • From a windows commandline or powershell type InstallRFGToMap.bat "C:\mymap.w3m" 1 and press enter to install AMAI to maps
  • If you do not want to have the Commander installed to control team mates or easily change language settings instead run InstallRFGToMap.bat "C:\mymap.w3m" 0
  • Alternatively for complex installs if you have perl installed from a commandline you can type perl InstallToDir.pl REFORGED "C:\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps\AMAI" and press enter to install AMAI to all maps in a directory and subdirectories.
  • You can disable the commander for this install via the perl InstallToDir.pl REFORGED "C:\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps\AMAI" "false"
  • After installing AMAI on your map just start Warcraft 3 and play the map against and/or with computers to make use of AMAI.
Notes
  • Advanced Melee AI is made to be used on 'melee' maps only so please don't try to use it on completly custom maps (e.g towerdefence), it will make no difference on such maps.
  • Custom melee maps need to be set to latest patch data. Open the map in the Warcraft editor, go to Scenario->Map Options-> and change "Game Data Set" to "Melee (Latest Patch)".
  • Lua maps do not appear to work. Open the map in the Warcraft editor, go to Scenario->Map Options-> and change "Script Language" to Jass, then install AMAI to it. If "Script Language" is disabled, please reset the "Trigger Editor" to its initial state.
  • You may need to run as an administrator if you have issues with maps not displaying any teams.

V2.54
The original 10 year old version that supports 1.24 - 1.29 warcraft.
The download for 2.54 is the developer edition intended for developers to use.

For everyday use the player edition is alternatively available to download here

NOTE: The old 2.5.4 zip is now password protected because Google Chrome is flagging it as malicious software. The password is amai. Note some of the dlls are flagged as virus generic false positives in 2020 due to there age, but they are false positives

Keywords:
Artificial Intelligence, AI
Previews
Contents

AMAI 3.3.4 (Binary)

AMAI 3.3.4 Installer (Binary)

AMAI 3.3.3a (Binary)

AMAI 3.3.3a Installer (Binary)

AMAI 3.3.2 (Binary)

AMAI Map Pack 3.3.2 (Binary)

AMAI Map Pack 3.3.1 (Binary)

AMAI 3.3.1a (Binary)

AMAI 2.6.2 (Binary)

AMAI 3.1.1 (Binary)

AMAI 3.2.2 (Binary)

Advanced Melee AI 2.54 (Binary)

Reviews
AMAI is very, very good. Much better than any Blizzard AI. I love it. ==Update - 25/08/12== It has recently come to our attention that some antivirus softwares like Norton detect a virus in this, however, we can assure you that it is a false...
Level 9
Good afternoon. I was writing AI for my map with non-standard races. I did it in a standard AI editor, getting a .wai file. I don't always like the way AI works, I would like a faster and more flexible solution, similar to how it is with you. I understand correctly, this can be achieved by editing the ai file, and it is completely written in the jass language. Thank you in advance for your answer!

Level 4
Good afternoon. I was writing AI for my map with non-standard races. I did it in a standard AI editor, getting a .wai file. I don't always like the way AI works, I would like a faster and more flexible solution, similar to how it is with you. I understand correctly, this can be achieved by editing the ai file, and it is completely written in the jass language. Thank you in advance for your answer!
I believe that AMAI is not yet ready for custom races or any other standard race (not orc, human, elf, or undead) in the game. But I'm not the best person to talk about it, because I'm just starting the project and only with the installation process. I'm looking to do something in the Deep Learning sense, but it's still going to be a long time coming out. Maybe this kind of solution fits what you want.

Level 7
You can by heavily editing AMAI and creating a new version pack with different races in it (how ROC and TFT are separate folders). Its been done in the past with various old long forgotten projects. And yes AMAI makes things easier in terms of writing the actual AI scripts with the strategy editor. But you have to setup all the AMAI csv and txt files with the new units and dependencies so that initial setup takes longer (assuming no bugs to fix with moving away from standard races)

Level 7
3.2.2 Released

Added​

• New AMAI installer (powered by Electron) for a user friendly way to install to maps or directories (Thanks paulo101977)
  • Commander is no longer installed by default if you use the bat scripts. You must use the new `InstallCommanderToMap.bat' file.
  • Added a script DisableCommander.bat if you want to disable the commander post install.
  • Counter strengths are now translated.

Changed​

• The install AMAI to a directory perl script supports passing an additional argument "false" to not install the commander.

Removed​

• (DevTools) Stopped AMAI.mpq being generated, it is an old leftover from the old ways to run AMAI.
  • (DevTools) Removed ancient AddToMPQ.exe and use MPQEditor for all operations under the hood.

Fixed​

• Re-installing AMAI should no longer increase map file size. Also maps file size after install appear to be about 40% smaller.
  • Fixed some memory leaks mainly with the commander, this was more of an issue now that dialogs are being regenerated.
  • Fixed Norwegian Commander caused by translating text to empty strings. Such behavior so should no longer break commander logic.
  • Fixed an issue where air creep strength was assumed to be 0 which could cause AI to attack air creeps without a way to attack them.
  • Fixed an issue where invisible pathing units were not moving on very large maps with lots of mines and neutral buildings and players.
  • Reduced lag impact that invisible pathing units have on game start for large amounts of players.
  • Fixed an issue where an ai could surrender and give all there buildings to Player 13.
  • Invalid strategy commander message is now translated.

Level 9
Good afternoon. Not really into the subject, but I think you, as a jass-ai pro, can help me. I made an AI for my upgraded alliance. At first I did it in the AI editor, then I decided to try writing through jass and ran into two problems.

1) the function for creating a new thread, namely "call StartThread(function UpdateForgeAssignment)" does not work, more precisely, it does not do anything from it, or does it much later than it can.
2) for some reason, the UpdateConditions function does not work, and to be precise, it does not update the gCond_Pehotinec variable, according to the logic of which, it should return false if there is a CASTLE, but it still returns true. The AI is in the attachment, and please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
3) And please tell me how I can debug my script? BJDebugMsg does not work. Well, that is, how can I send messages to players from a bot?

This is the third place where I write.

Attachments

• LudiT1_jass.ai
    39.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Level 4
So installing 3.2.2 ON TOP of the 3.1.1 AI doesn't decrease size. In a few days I will provide my map pool with 3.2.2 AMAI. BTW can you tell me if there's a way to install AMAI vs Blizz via the installer? Didn't look for that one.

Also installer didn't do the job for me? For some weird reason? Maybe I'm doing something wrong, will check

Thank you for the update and huge thanks to Electron for the installer/

Level 9
now I have been experimenting for a long time and came to a sad conclusion for myself. For some reason, the AI can't run multiple infinite threads. When running in the main function ,
call StartThread( function UpdateForgeAssignment )
call StartThread( function WorkerBuildPriorities )
call StartThread( function WorkerAssignment )
call StartThread( function StartHarvestPriorities )
call StartThread( function AttackAssignment )

In which there are infinite loops, it runs only the first 3-4. The rest are just ignored. This is very sad, I will think about another solution.

Level 7
@gartoll Yes installing it over older versions won't give the savings as the map mpq file is already messed up at that point. But on top of 3.2.2+ should be fine.

You need to compile the AI vs AMAI version like normal than copy the scripts over to the installer (or run installer if you extracted AMAI to the installer resources folder anyway)

@komarovba Correct only so many threads allowed in AI scripts, what I've noticed when you start adding more is it appears to start to kill threads even if one is running it will halt half way. AMAI is able to use 5 threads and we have built a scheduling system into one of the threads so we can queue actions into it.

Last edited:
Level 9
@komarovba Correct only so many threads allowed in AI scripts, what I've noticed when you start adding more is it appears to start to kill threads even if one is running it will halt half way. AMAI is able to use 5 threads and we have built a scheduling system into one of the threads so we can queue actions into it.

I'm not doing it on an AMAI bot.
I've been experimenting with different options all day and damn, I can't get anything good.
I always get that only two threads work.
And I assume that call CampaignAI (HOUSE, null) this is also the launch of a separate yet.
This thing is very annoying. I'm not going anywhere from the big conditions, it saddens me.

Level 4
I'm not doing it on an AMAI bot.
I've been experimenting with different options all day and damn, I can't get anything good.
I always get that only two threads work.
And I assume that call CampaignAI (HOUSE, null) this is also the launch of a separate yet.
This thing is very annoying. I'm not going anywhere from the big conditions, it saddens me.
You can take a look at how AMAI scripts work and try to tweak from there.

Have a look here too: How to make a Campaign AI - WC3 Modding Information Center

I did an experiment once, based on this link

Level 4
So downloading became really easy now. It's impossible to have trouble, just put your 3.2.2 AMAI folder into your resources folder that comes with the AMAIInstaller.
However, if you still face problems, here are my 300 maps updated. The map pool barely changed and this time I added all of them as Blizz vs Blizz. Yet again, it has every single blizz map along with most of the maps that liquipedia considers competitve (click a map and expand the "other competitive maps" thing), the FML map pool and some others map in order to reach that number

Files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13Es8E4xUxWxIrmVwrU4FvrfRdba31yfo/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Level 1
The installation on maps via command line doesn't work for me anymore. The installer issues the error spawnSync MPQEditor.exe ENOENT. What to do?

Level 28
The installation on maps via command line doesn't work for me anymore. The installer issues the error spawnSync MPQEditor.exe ENOENT. What to do?
Are you using the older versions of AMAI? I highly recommend getting the latest one (installer + latest version of AMAI binaries).
That way, you can use the "amai-electron-manager.exe" to install this mod instead of the commandline provided in AMAI binaries. Remember to place the binaries inside the "resources/AMAI" folder.

Level 1
Ok, I got the installer to work. There mustn't be a second subfolder called AMAI, which is created by just unzipping.
The command line still doesn't work for me anymore though (it did in the past). It issues ECHO Cannot be found error for the map. But w/e, Installer should be good enough I guess.

Level 4
I'd like to use the profile manager, but it needs perl with tk and I can't manage to install tk. Tried to install it through activeperl, but there's an error, and I can't find the 5.8 version which apparently has tk already included on it. I'm not familiarized with coding platforms so I don't know if there's an easier way to do it or if I'm messing things up. I use windows 11.

Another question: AMAI stops working as soon as I modify a map even though I keep it melee. I added taverns to a blizzard map and now I only get the default AI. I also can't manage to install it on hive melee maps, it says that it was installed correctly but I'm always getting the default AI.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Level 2
Love this mod! Great work here!

I have one question though. To me it seems like the ai retreat their units when their healthbar reaches the red stat, wich would mean this is percentage based. I wonder if there is something i can change to make it a set hp, like 200 hp or something.

The problem right now is that grunts are maneuvered very well because their hp pool is large, but archers are only 2 hits away from death when they try to retreat.

Thx in advance :)

Level 1
The AI Humans constantly sends workers to the enemy base in an attempt to build a tower and all the workers just dying :(
Also, the AI continues to build new workers and send them to the enemy base until it loses.
Amai 2.6.2

Is it supposed to be like this ? The AI is building a tower very far from his base.

There is not a single tower at the base for protection

On the additional base the defensive towers are present

AI often does not pick up artifacts

1674580349695.png

Will there be further improvements to AMAI for the old version of Warcraft 3 (1.28) ?

Last edited:
Level 1
Is there a way to install this on w3c maps? Maybe somehow remove something from the w3c files?
I tried renaming the blizzard.j file in the scripts folder of AMAI but it didn't work.

Level 4
Hello, will there be an update for the 1.35 balance patch? The meta has definetly changed a little bit

Also is it feasible to change the way AMAI leaves team games? So instead of every unit being killed & building destroyed the other AMAI bots and humans of the team gain ADVANCED shared unit control? The only problem is how other AMAI bots from the same team would control it (because if you play singleplayer chances are one team isn't with AMAI bots)? I'm afraid this would take a lot of time (and memory) to implement and could slow the game down after some minutes.

I also have two more question. How do I open the Strategy Manager? It's supposed to be the AMAIStrategyManager.pl file apparently, but when I click it it closes almost instantly (I have Perl installed, but it's the latest version. I cannot find the v5.8 Perl version or anything older + the Perl Package Manager is no longer supported). I can only open it as a Notepad which doesnt really help. The only guide I can find is in AMAI/Manual/Pages, in the Tutorial document. This page also mentions a database to exchange strategies later within the document, which is missing entirely. Where can I find it?

One more problem I have is that the site is not available if you are outside the campus of the University of Southampton, while the site you mention in Manual/Pages in the document Import is now outdated and not archived in web.archive.org either :/

Last edited:
Level 4
I'd like to use the profile manager, but it needs perl with tk and I can't manage to install tk. Tried to install it through activeperl, but there's an error, and I can't find the 5.8 version which apparently has tk already included on it. I'm not familiarized with coding platforms so I don't know if there's an easier way to do it or if I'm messing things up. I use windows 11.

Another question: AMAI stops working as soon as I modify a map even though I keep it melee. I added taverns to a blizzard map and now I only get the default AI. I also can't manage to install it on hive melee maps, it says that it was installed correctly but I'm always getting the default AI.

Thanks in advance.
re-install AMAI if you edit

Level 4
HI,I FIXED SOME BUG ,Could you please merge my version, thank you

mian fix and new
  1. Especially 24 Player(have some 24 player, but you is still 12)
  • 2.6.1 Self-compatible with 12/24 Player, self-compatible with new color schemes
  1. Chinese language optimization
  2. if no HumanPlayer on game, the first Observer must choose language
  3. AI Strategy Adjustment and some new Strategy
  4. NEW Profiles
  5. FIXED SOME BUG
  6. 2.6.1 Synchronized some 3.0.0~3.1.1 changes
  7. Blizzard FIX and NEW
  • add Select Player/Strategy Page Turn
  • More tips translation add more sentence for all language(translate by google)
  • ZOOM Adjustment(only 2.6.1,war3 1.33 Officially supported)
  • Fixed the Dialog only show title at first
  • Fixed the Dialog cannot change language

2.6.1 now Synchronization to official master
how did you add new profiles excactly? Can you help me? I try to open the file but cmd opens and closes instantly. I cannot get the 5.8 perl version and PPM is no longer supported :(

Level 7
@gartool There is more up to date perl instructions on github but not the exact command line instructions. I recommend installing latest strawberry perl then installing tk via command line which was something like "cpan tk"

You can try out jzy-chitong56's changes too as he is on going making improvements on this branch 3.2.2cn by jzy-chitong56 · Pull Request #110 · SMUnlimited/AMAI

Level 4
@gartool There is more up to date perl instructions on github but not the exact command line instructions. I recommend installing latest strawberry perl then installing tk via command line which was something like "cpan tk"

You can try out jzy-chitong56's changes too as he is on going making improvements on this branch 3.2.2cn by jzy-chitong56 · Pull Request #110 · SMUnlimited/AMAI
Holy shit thanks for the answer! I tried to e-mail you (I found your e-mail on some HTML documents) and [email protected] didn't work apparently although thats how it's listed ROFL

Also I think you can click reply instead of tagging. You typed my name wrong but it's ok

Thanks for answering my most important question, I'd like to hear about the rest but honestly I don't mind as much
How to make it work:
-Download Strawberry 5.10 (at least that was what I used)
-Download TK 804.034.gz (yet again that's what I used). MAKE SURE THAT TK IS INSTALLED WITHIN THE AMAI FOLDER, ALONG WITH THE AMAI STRATEGY MANAGER.
-go on cmd and type cpan -i tk
-wait 5-10 mins with half the terminal feeling up
-you can now open the Strategy Manager. It also opens a blank terminal which you don't need to use afaik. Tutorial on making a new bot is included somewhere in the manual file
As always, gartoll#6316 on Discord for help

Last edited:
Level 2

Shame to say, armytarck and Towntarck Causing lag,Still unable to repair well,I tried sleep(0.02),But it will cause delays in saveunits job,Reducing the frequency too much can cause a crash
Also, due to poor English,Don't want to write up log, 3.2.2cn common and race not the Latest version,Maybe can try 2.6.2cn first,The code for both branches has been synchronized

Excuse me. Is there anyway to prevent the AI from quitting too soon?

I am using v 2.6.2
yeah thats a pain in the ass, it imitates too well the people on battle.net that ragequits as soon as someone kills his 4 grunts lol.
I was 2vs2 computers and I had to tp out when I got cornered by 2 enemy while creeping, healed my units in base and went to help my allied AI, he still had all his buildings, his blademaster was injured but still alive staying invisible, and had like 6 grunts damaged, I got to his base and started focusing enemy heroes forcing them to tp out, when both computers left, the orc allied said "fuck this" and ragequited, I was like what the fuck?. I'm on version 3.2.2
It would be ok if at least you could take control like it happens in real pvp. but this AI just suicides and everything explodes lol.

Last edited:
Level 4
Ye I recommended this as well. The best you can do is edit some code from an .eai file. Problem is I have 0 experience and knowledge on what to do so dont expect me to help here. However, that would create another problem, that being the enemy AMAI quitting giving you their control as well. I asked them about it a few months ago and said that they are working on a better system to control the bots.

Level 6
yeah thats a pain in the ass, it imitates too well the people on battle.net that ragequits as soon as someone kills his 4 grunts lol.
I was 2vs2 computers and I had to tp out when I got cornered by 2 enemy while creeping, healed my units in base and went to help my allied AI, he still had all his buildings, his blademaster was injured but still alive staying invisible, and had like 6 grunts damaged, I got to his base and started focusing enemy heroes forcing them to tp out, when both computers left, the orc allied said "fuck this" and ragequited, I was like what the fuck?. I'm on version 3.2.2
It would be ok if at least you could take control like it happens in real pvp. but this AI just suicides and everything explodes lol.

They mimic human players so well that sometimes they forgot to pick up items after creeping (and not just worthless items but high-level ones like the +9 claws or the +4 agi & str)

I have this problem with the bots lol, the first worker takes the correct route, builds the expo and mines gold.
but then the other 4 morons coming from the main base try to be smart and take the "shortest" route to the gold mine, simply getting stuck behind the tavern, straffing left and right trying to phase through the fence lol. even if I kill them, the computer sends more worker to the same place.
only happens with amai, blizzard ai has no problem.

2nd picture, also this happens in the english translation, checked the text and it says "enemy color etc" but does not appear on the game.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_060623_233542_000.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_060623_233542_000.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 33
  • WC3ScrnShot_062723_035523_000.png
    WC3ScrnShot_062723_035523_000.png
    545.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Level 1
Hi, by some reason AMAI 3.2.2 is not compatible with last refuge 1.5 Workers only gather gold and nothing more. With last refuge version 1 seems to work fine though.

Level 4
Hi, by some reason AMAI 3.2.2 is not compatible with last refuge 1.5 Workers only gather gold and nothing more. With last refuge version 1 seems to work fine though.
Can you tell me your process of installation please? I could try helping you. (btw my discord is gartoll if you wanna talk there instead)

seems to happen randomly on all maps, I often noticed that when I won too easy (4vs4)(2vs2) is because one of the AI did not start properly or got delayed.
cheking replays I noticed some AI simply idle for 5 or 6 minutes and then start like usual, others spend the starting money on buildings and then sit idly the rest of the game not mining gold/lumber or anything, and other times they simply won't do shit, just sit near the mine and do nothing at all.

maps are on Jass language/melee latest patch working perfectly.
forgot to add, why on maps where players start together (friends/sinergy/etc) AI tends to do stupid shit like send 2 workers to his mine and 3 to the mine of the ally?

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_070823_200627_000.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_070823_200627_000.jpg
    646.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Level 4
Apparently you want the strategy manager to work? I do not understand completily.

If you do tho, you need to download the TK 804.034.gz library, then put it somewhere (I put it on the AMAI file), go on CMD with cd (path location) then type cpan -i tk (if that's wrong try some variation like -cpan i tk. If you cannot find the solution, you can always google. I think that the command is the same on Windows & Linux, at least to some extent.

Now as for where to download the library, simply google the name and add strawberry perl or something and click the first link. That's how it worked for me. I used web archive to download an older version but I think that new ones do the trick as well.

Level 1
Apparently you want the strategy manager to work? I do not understand completily.

If you do tho, you need to download the TK 804.034.gz library, then put it somewhere (I put it on the AMAI file), go on CMD with cd (path location) then type cpan -i tk (if that's wrong try some variation like -cpan i tk. If you cannot find the solution, you can always google. I think that the command is the same on Windows & Linux, at least to some extent.

Now as for where to download the library, simply google the name and add strawberry perl or something and click the first link. That's how it worked for me. I used web archive to download an older version but I think that new ones do the trick as well.
1691149682869.png
?

Level 2
Following the instructions exactly as told for the installer. IT does not work. Reading through past answers seem to do nothing to explain for it. Moved the AMAI to the resource folder for 3.2.2, did the same process for 3.1.1, same results

1) Looks like success...?
2) MPQ shows only scrips input for .ai
3) When the map is selected

Yes, musical chairs was played with folder paths and positions, no effect.
Running as administrator, same result.

I tried a number of other possibilities, nothing better, just "Installing..."

2.6.1 works.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 18
  • mpq.jpg
    mpq.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 20
  • errr.jpg
    errr.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 20
Level 4
Comrades!
good afternoon, please tell me how I can import your common.ai to your map (which way should I go?) to use your functions in your jass ai?Thank you in advance for your answer!)
Hello! Despite not being the creator of the AMAI Bot, I can try to help

If you are looking to use AMAI bots the way they are in your map, you need to:
a) Make sure it's a melee map so the bots work properly (Altered Melee bug the bots around a bit since they are not supposed to work with that kind of maps, let alone non-melee maps)
b) Download the proper AMAI version you want, as well as Electron Manager. Ye, the manager is optional but it makes everything x100 times easier.
c) put the AMAI folder within the Resources folder of Electron Manager (make sure everything is within the AMAI folder and untouched overall)
d) Open the Electron Manager. Then everything is pretty easy, go on the top left and select the installation option you want, then the map (or folder) you want

If you are asking for something else (which I think you do), a great place to ask is the wc3 mmc (map making community) discord, the wc3 united discord, or the hive workshop discord itself.