1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Advanced Melee AI

Submitted by Strategy Master
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This tool originates from here

Source code now available at: SMUnlimited/AMAI

AMAI is a mod/tool for Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne made to improve the computer AI of the game in many possible ways.

AMAI will make it easier to edit the War3 AI, harder to beat and more fun.

The goal is to make a human like opponent or ally that both react on events and tries to insult you by chat taunts while playing in a more human like way.

• Personality Profiles: Each AI opponent has a set profile which modifies how it reacts or plays the game. Some can be real chickens and never dare to attack you while others will rush you down.
  • Dynamic Strategies: Constantly monitors the current situation of the game and always try to pick the best suited strategy to counter the enemy forces.
    • The computers will pick from all strategies depending on what kind of units the enemy has, how long the game has been going and what favorite units the current profile has.
  • Enhanced Micromanagement Control
    • To help keep as many units as possible alive by fleeing by town portal, zeppelin or foot.
    • This includes better use of items and healing items.
    • Makes the enemy force suffer as much as possible by focusing fire on the most vulnerable enemy units first if they are in range.
    • Will buy neutral heroes and units.
    • Can occasionally attempt tower rushes and militia/ancient expansions.
  • Enhanced Team Play
    • Coordinates with allies what it will be attacking or will join allies in attacking a target.
    • Human players have access to the Commander, letting you give commands.
    • Asks for aid if running out resources.
  • Surrenders : Based on profiles some AI's will give up when it detects its losing, while others will fight to the death.
  • Chat Support
    • AMAI will taunt enemy players, and share its build strategy with team players.
    • Includes Support for 10 different languages.
  • Easy to use Strategy and Profile editor.
    • Supports an unlimited amount of your own profiles.
    • Supports an unlimited amount of your own strategies.
    • Auto Building feature for example: a AMAI computer only needs to know that it shall build a hero and 15 footmen. It will automatically build all needed buildings, workers and farms in order to get this as fast as possible.

V3.0 - Requirements
1.32+ Warcraft 3

How to play
AMAI release comes with the standard AI scripts pre-built for you.

It is suggested to create a subfolder in your "maps" folder like "maps\AMAI" and copy the maps you intend to use AMAI with there. For Warcraft 1.30 onwards you need to use Casc Storages - Main page to extract a copy of official maps.

Run InstallTFTtoMap from a commandline, to install AMAI to maps e.g InstallTFTToMap.bat "C:\mymap.w3m"

Advanced Melee AI is made to be used on 'melee' maps only so please don't try to use it on custom maps (e.g towerdefence), it will make no difference on such maps.

Note: If you want to use the old AMAI.exe to install AMAI to maps you must have run MPQEditor htsize "C:\mymap.w3m" 64 from a commandline to garuantee the AI will be installed correctly.

If you have perl installed you can use InstallTFTtoDir.pl "C:\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps\AMAI" to install AMAI to all maps in a directory and subdirectories.

After installing AMAI on your map just start Warcraft3: RoC or TFT and play the map against and/or with computers to make use of AMAI.

V2.54
The original 10 year old version that supports 1.24 - 1.29 warcraft.
The download for 2.54 is the developer edition intended for developers to use.
For everyday use the player edition is alternatively available to download here

NOTE: The old 2.5.4 zip is now password protected because Google Chrome is flagging it as malicious software. The password is amai. Note some of the dlls are flagged as virus generic false positives in 2020 due to there age, but they are false positives

Keywords:
Artificial Intelligence, AI
Contents

Advanced Melee AI 2.54 (Binary)

AMAI 3.0.0 (Binary)

AMAI 2.6.0 (Binary)

Reviews
AMAI is very, very good. Much better than any Blizzard AI. I love it. ==Update - 25/08/12== It has recently come to our attention that some antivirus softwares like Norton detect a virus in this, however, we can assure you that it is a false...
  1. -JohnrheyCastor-

-JohnrheyCastor-

Resources:
    Resources:
    does it work on normal melee game?

2. Sinthoras

Sinthoras

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Why are most of the comments here negative? If this truly enhances the AI then it doesnt deserve the negativity. I think itd make for a neat little tool. Does it work on 1.26 though? Could I get more info on this tool?

3. DrarenThiralas

DrarenThiralas

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have 2 questions:

1.Does it support campaigns?

2.Does it have a tool to extract custom unit data from a .w3o file?

4. DrarenThiralas

DrarenThiralas

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is anyone still reading these comments?

5. anjy0

anjy0

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, I am~

6. Augustus_Magnus

Augustus_Magnus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The program says it doesnt find AI files. Also, does this work on 1.28?

7. FRosTFuRy

FRosTFuRy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi

I just wanna know if there would be newer version of AMAI coming? since Warcraft 3 has been patched with 1.30, I have noticed few issues. The Orc AI does not produce Spirit Walker since it was moved to Tauren Totem. The AI only produce them when Tauren Totem is built. However, Orc AI main production is usually Raiders and Spirit Walkers. The message says "I will build Raiders and Spirit Walkers" and it proceeds to build 3 Spirit Lodges, which do not contain SP anymore. This actually crippled Orc AI to the point that it only mass produce Raiders to 54 or something food out of 100. Will there be a way to fix this? I admire AMAI very much. Hopefully, there will be a newer version.

Thank you

8. Retera

Retera

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    @FRosTFuRy When I got The Tales of Raviganion mod running on Patch 1.28 (not published because I did not ask anyone for permission) I was unable to get their custom flavor of AMAI running on 1.28 at the time because I looked in the .AI script code and it uses confusing hacks with the return bug that were dependent upon string literal ordinal implementation or something like this. I thought it would never be able to be updated past Patch 1.24. But you're saying this bundle works for you on Patch 1.30? That seems like exciting news.

9. SadisticLeprechaun

SadisticLeprechaun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Would love to see this as well as info on which version of Perl to use atm. LOVE to see it working.

10. 3dris

3dris

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dear friend, you're wrong, I still playing aginst the computer because here, where I live, we have no Internet connection everytime, I must say AMAI is very good because it improves the melee AI of the computer, and obiusly, we all love playing aginst an computer when we are offline.

11. eredarmaster

eredarmaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    How can I use this? Also, the Perl link is not found. Also, how to install perl?

12. Strategy Master

Strategy Master

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Hey all, For newest patches and/or reforged support please use the player edition download link to apply to specific maps, all other approaches no longer work.
    AMAI2.54PE

13. Strategy Master

Strategy Master

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    The source code is now finally up and being maintained on github: SMUnlimited/AMAI
    Quick instructions are now up on how to get this up and running now available here.

14. Zoltan

Zoltan

Resources:
    Resources:
    When i install amai the maps no longer show players and colours or anything and wont run. Pls help. In the description its mentioned something about MPQEditor htsize? I have no idea what that means. Again pls help. Older versions of amai ran just fine for me but i cant get the new versions to run on my new system. Im running TFT 1.26.

15. Strategy Master

Strategy Master

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Use the old version download here AMAI2.54PE for TFT 1.26, the new amai version 2.6.0 may not work with 1.26, but you have to use the ".bat" files to install AMAI to maps rather than the old exe.

16. hemmedo

hemmedo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Back in the days I was able to use the legacy version by importing the .ai file into my map and only apply it to the race I want via triggers. Is this not possible with 2.6 anymore?

17. Strategy Master

Strategy Master

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    I believe you can still do that if that is what you prefer.

18. Strategy Master

Strategy Master

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    AMAI 3.0 is now available. Changes listed here

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  19. hemmedo

hemmedo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh you no longer support pre-Reforged patches. Where can we obtain 2.6 version that can be used with 1.30 - 1.31 ?

20. Strategy Master

Strategy Master

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Sorry, that was accidentally removed, its back now.