1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Advanced Melee AI

Submitted by Strategy Master
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This tool originates from here

NOTE: The zip is now password protected because Google Chrome is flagging it as malicious software. The password is amai.

Version 2.54b
AMAI is a mod/tool for Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne made to improve the computer AI of the game in many possible ways.
AMAI will make it easier to edit the War3 AI, harder to beat and more fun.
The goal is to make a human like opponent or ally that both react on events and tries to insult you by chat taunts while playing in a more human like way.

This version here is especially suited for developers/modders who want to change and modify AMAI. For other versions more suitable to just play against AMAI please visit the AMAI website - AMAI - Wc3C.net

Requires Perl 5.8.9.X.X- ActivePerl
If you download 5.10.0 you have to use the perl package manager to enable the tk component for the tool to work.

Keywords:
Artificial Intelligence, AI
Contents

Advanced Melee AI (Binary)

Reviews
AMAI is very, very good. Much better than any Blizzard AI. I love it. ==Update - 25/08/12== It has recently come to our attention that some antivirus softwares like Norton detect a virus in this, however, we can assure you that it is a false...
  1. AMAI is very, very good. Much better than any Blizzard AI. I love it.
    ==Update - 25/08/12==
    It has recently come to our attention that some antivirus softwares like Norton detect a virus in this, however, we can assure you that it is a false detection and that this tool is virus-free.
    ~The Hive Staff

2. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Does this work also with Campaigns as well?

3. Although you have a little clue on the good strats as you have hardly watched thousands of pro replays, I agree this can be useful only from the point that any imporvement on dumb computers is nice, it would be better if you consulted with someone who is aware of the best strats and add it in the prog. However, who still plays vs PCs anyway? They choose either bnet or some servers to play with people , not computers... and I guess this isn;t made for RPGs to be harder and for melee, thast why I say all this for the melee poinr.

4. Strategy Master

Strategy Master

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    @3.26ly: Best strats are all from a certain point of view. The current strategies are a combination of what makes AMAI work to its fullest (and this aint no small improvement). You can't just put a pro strategy in as AI cannot use the strategy effectivly. The current strategies are the best trade off. If you dont like the built in ones you can make your own.

@Craka_J: Its built for melee but you can modify for mods or campaigns with some work of course. Of course certain game styles are a no no with amai eg DOTA or tower defense etc. But then you have lots of other things at your supposal that easily sort those out.

5. Ricky

Ricky

Resources:
    Resources:
    It isnt working for me. I have extracted the files correctly but i says i am missing blizzard.j but when i looked in the file were i extreacted it from blizzard.j wasnt there. Help me please.

6. Ricky

Ricky

Resources:
    Resources:
    please help me i really want this. It doesnt wok for me it say's i dont have the file blizzard.j but when i look in were i extracted it from blizzard.j ist there either please help.

7. Ricky

Ricky

Resources:
    Resources:
    It doesnt work for me although i really want it it says i dont have the file blizzard.j i extracted it right but it doesnt work i looked in the files were i extracted it from and that doesnt have blizzard.j either?

8. Strategy Master

Strategy Master

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    @Ricky: You need Perl. ah blast thats not written in the description.

You have to download Perl
    http://www.activestate.com/Products/Download/Download.plex?id=ActivePerl then you can run the AMAIstrategymanager and compile the ai's.

If you dont want to do that go to
    http://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~lph105/AMAI/?page=download
    and download one of the easier to use editions instead of the developer.

9. Ricky

Ricky

Resources:
    Resources:
    Its now saying i need 1stpage.exe and i have perl now.

10. Strategy Master

Strategy Master

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    I dont know what 1stpage.exe is so i can't help you i'm afraid. If you downloaded perl correctly it should have worked.

11. Gift_o_Chaos

Gift_o_Chaos

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Where do you put the program if it matters.

12. WTF Person

WTF Person

Resources:
    Resources:
    out of -100 of 10 i would rate it a -100

13. VicHardy

VicHardy

Resources:
    Resources:
    can somebody explain why the map isn't work after i install the AI on it?

14. ace992

ace992

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    dose not work

15. dofys

dofys

Resources:
    Resources:
    Works for me. Have you guys not even try out it's tools one by one to get the hang of things?

16. Master334

Master334

Resources:
    Resources:
    dude my rpg could use this: (orc) GET EM (human) HOLD THEM OFF (orc) FUCK YOUR HOLDING WAYS(human) SHUT UP

17. Master334

Master334

Resources:
    Resources:
    on a more wtf? note.... WHAT THE FUCK IS THE PROGRAM TO OPEN IT

18. nexus196

nexus196

Resources:
    Resources:
    is there an thread with all the custom ai's that have bein uploaded? just wondering

19. Sergeant Ray

Sergeant Ray

Resources:
    Resources:
    User Opinion: Is this even worth my time? Sounds like it would make melee more interesting. BTW careful Ricky, don't dbl post