• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Absorbing Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Good morning,

I'll try to make a shield which absorbs damage (physical and magical) equal of the current intelligence of the hero. But I dont really know how to do this.

I'll hope there is a way to create this spell (without jass plz).

greetz

Avail

Level 5
Hi :)
Made a test map; should do what you want.. haven't tested if it works on spell damage, but imo should do too.
Hope this does it for you (for simplicities sake no fixing of leaks included, just 2x floating text to show what the dummy ability does).

Attachments

• absorb damage by ThaAthael.w3x
    15.4 KB · Views: 72
Level 3
first of all thanks @ ThaAthael for your work but it isnt what i want (good made as well)

and @ razor21, absorb = absorb example: shield absorbs 300 dmg, 500 dmg on hero inc =
500(dmg) - 300(absorb) = 200 hitpoints lost^^

here my vision of the shield:

Active
100 Mana cost

Level 1 - Cast a shield on a friendly unit or himself. The shield absorbs damage equal your current intelligence x2. Lasts 10 secs.
Level 2 - ...

Coolddown: 2.5 secs.

highlight would be a floating text which shows the absorbed dmg after the shield broke.

Last edited:
Level 5
I've modified my previous version to match your desires ;)
Though I'm still stuck on doing a triggered heal, thus I cannot make a real shield, just an instant heal (nukes that kill the unit will still kill..)

Hope I haven't mixed up some of the formula.. One downside of this version is though, that you only get to see the absorbed damage if the shield is fully used (so after duration ending with not max damage you won't see a floating text).

The new ability is the one with the mana stone symbol; was too lazy for more tooltipps, sry.

If this doesn't match your desired ability I've got no clue :thumbs_down:

Attachments

• absorb damage active by ThaAthael.w3x
    18.5 KB · Views: 52
Level 5
Thanks for noticing... fixed the bug; this time no stupid heals... :)
Just needed a condition not to add the unit multiple times as event to the damage prevention trigger :)

Attachments

• absorb damage active 1.1 by ThaAthael.w3x
    19 KB · Views: 68
Status
Not open for further replies.