• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Shield Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Sup.

I'm in a need of a spell, be it GUI or vJass, it's good as long as it works (tho I prefer the latter, simply due to compatibility and easier way to modify the stats), and which uses http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-1-a-245414/?prev=search=progress&d=list&r=20 - I've tried to look up for a spell which is both functional and aesthetically neat, but damn, text-tags are so plain and ugly (IMO). Other shields I've found behaved wrongly, such as one not absorbing damage but rather killing the target if damage was higher than unit's HP. The spell needs to be MUI and absolutely leak-less.

Heart of Oak - active, target, ally
The Jade Maiden envelops an ally within a bracken of protective brambles, which will absorb damage for the shielded ally. Absorbs both psychical and magical damage. The shield lasts for 15 seconds, or until destroyed, and it's HP is equal to 50/125/200 + 4 x Caster's Intelligence.

Level 24
You need 2 things:
1. The buff.
2. The bar.

1. The buff is easy to do.
You can use my Effect Over Time System (EOT) to make it.
Use any Damage-System to set damage to (damage - shieldvalue) after set it to 0 if it is lower than 0 and also remove the buff.

2. This one I don't agree with.
As far as I tested every single bar system that I could find... none is actually working without problems.
I recently got a working bar model from a map that is indeed different than the model from the link you gave and I will make a system sooner or later because I will use it too in my map.
Until that moment... I won't be using any bar system that can show me that it is working 100%.

(It will take some time for me to make that bar system because I have a massive to-do list.)

Status
Not open for further replies.