• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Requesting Damage Shield Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hello.

I'm once again requesting one spell I desperately need for The Chosen Ones campaign. I made almost the same request earlier but it got messed up and I'm sorry about it. I cannot do this spell myself because I don't know how. Also I have my hands full with other 11 spells. Making these spells is the last thing before next version I've been working on last 4 months.

I have now made the request simple and clear. Still you can ask more information if needed.

So here's what I'm requesting from you:

Ice Armature - Creates a powerful shield to an allied unit that can absorb damage.

• The spell has a second level when the spell becomes area spell: to an area every player's unit will have the shield.
  • I'll do the actual absorb damage so make it temporarily X(it depends of many things).
  • The spell is for a campaign.
  • Only player 1 can cast it.
  • If another shield is cast on a unit with shield already the shield is simple refreshed.
  • Shield has no expiration time.
  • Nothing happens when the caster dies.
  • I want the spell to be made with GUI so that I can edit.
  • You're free to give it to other projects and put it to spell section if it pleases you.

If you're able to help me with this case you'll be repped and credited. Thanks so much.

Level 37
Excellent wok, simply excellent work. I'm sure you and D4RK_G4ND4LF are credited properly.

By the way, how does that "Shield Life Bonus" ability actually work? I don't quite get it.

EDIT: I tested few times more just to be sure. There are two bugs:

1) The first bug is probably once in a life time: wc3 just shut down without giving a crash report or anything.
2) The spell can be cast on enemy units also when it's on that AOE mode. I'm not sure why because there's that one condition only to player 1 units.

I attached the newest map.

Attachments

• Ice Armature.w3x
    34.5 KB · Views: 77
Level 24
Ack

on it...

Edit: Okay I need to add a buff theres waaay to many damages bugs, it will still be perma but it can be dispelled :/

oh the second bug isn't a bug, the units have innerfire spell that makes a shield on them; actually no it is a bug, I forgot to remove it :/. Now for the crashing what was happening before it crashed? Did you just start the map? did a unit cast an ability?

The life bonus basically adds 99999 hp to the target when they are damage. So if the unit has 10 hp and they have a 100 shield buff on they will not die. D4RK_G4ND4LF used Shift click to set the life bonus to a high number but didn't know that it removes some of the max life of the unit (ex: foot man is left with 384 hp when hit with the shield buff on)
I Lurked for a looooooong time for a shield ability and Gave up, then D4RK_G4ND4LF made a nice base and I simply added the functions of buff displacement and spill damage.

Finished

- fixed damage spill ( i think :/)
- can be dispelled (massive benefits, trust me!)

Attachments

• Ice Armature.w3x
    37.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Level 19
Ack
le facepalm

on it...

Edit: Okay I need to add a buff theres waaay to many damages bugs, it will still be perma but it can be dispelled :/

oh the second bug isn't a bug, the units have innerfire spell that makes a shield on them; actually no it is a bug, I forgot to remove it :/. Now for the crashing what was happening before it crashed? Did you just start the map? did a unit cast an ability?

The life bonus basically adds 99999 hp to the target when they are damage. So if the unit has 10 hp and they have a 100 shield buff on they will not die. D4RK_G4ND4LF used Shift click to set the life bonus to a high number but didn't know that it removes some of the max life of the unit (ex: foot man is left with 384 hp when hit with the shield buff on)
I Lurked for a looooooong time for a shield ability and Gave up, then D4RK_G4ND4LF made a nice base and I simply added the functions of buff displacement and spill damage.

that's weird
I tested the whole thing for half an hour with 200 riflemen of different teams with 5-15 dmg and 10 hp without any bugs
also that bug did not happen with the mountain king although he has way more hp than the footman and should suffer more from an integer overflow (hp are not saved in integers anyway so it should never happen)

1) The first bug is probably once in a life time: wc3 just shut down without giving a crash report or anything.

that's probably because there is a "unit takes damage"-event and a "unit damage target"-action
I could not reproduce that bug but I guess disabling the whole trigger before damaging the target and then enabling it again might fix it
could be something else though

Status
Not open for further replies.