1. The poll for our 11th Music Contest is up! Help us choose the most awesome cinematic tracks by casting a vote!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Melee Mapping contest #3 - Poll is up! Vote for the best 4v4 melee maps!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice

About a new pc

Discussion in 'Computer Tech' started by MortAr, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    As I said, I do not know about the AMD ones. I only know that the NVidia ones might have graphic performance issues as those cards are not really aimed at gaming (they are quite a bit weaker than what is generally sold in their gaming range).

2. MortAr

MortAr

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Sounds bad. I should start play lottery than, cause there's no other way getting big money for a better system.

3. Velmarshal

Velmarshal

Resources:
    Resources:
    To be blunt. You can't get a new "gaming" PC for 300$. ATM, 450$ ~ 500$ is the very bottom for anything decent.
    At 300$, get a secondhand PC.

GTX 610 and HD 7480 are the second worst cards in their generations, so they won't offer you significantly better performance than the integrated graphic, if any.

Second, 4Gb of RAM is perfectly fine for such a low budget build, it's not as good as 8Gb, but we have to stay reasonable.

I could list a decent build off that site (about 500$), but for 300$, plainly speaking impossible.

4. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Velm, these are is Euros, so it would be about $500 US.

5. MortAr

MortAr

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Do so, im looking forward for more options.

I post the prices in euros because I thought most of us here live in Europe, apparantly not. The prices are in BGN (Bulgarian Lev). You can use USD or EURO, no much difference.

6. Velmarshal

Velmarshal

Resources:
    Resources:
    300 EUR is around 370 USD. But my bad anyway, I'm used to everyone using USD when refering to PC components.

Anyway, is building your own PC an option? Because buying a premade ones limit you quite a bit.

Also none of these PCs are meant for gaming (on the site you linked). The best GPU I saw on those is GTX 630, which is still crap.
    Do you have any other sites to buy from? Preferably single components instead of whole desktop PCs.

7. MortAr

MortAr

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I haven't done any research on such sites (building a system yourself) and Im not aware of any. It is an option as long as the price is reasonable, since I can't spend that much on a system for now.

8. don_svetlio

don_svetlio

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'd suggest checking eMAG.bg but I don't know how to change the language to english and if it is even possible :/

9. MortAr

MortAr

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    All the offers I've checked there so far are with intergrated graphics and I don't want that exactly.

10. don_svetlio

don_svetlio

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I meant checking for individual parts. That's probably the best way to get a PC since the prebuilt ones usually aren't worth it.

11. Velmarshal

Velmarshal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Regarding that site, their stock is quite limited, they only have like 270s and 250s, but no 260s, which is weird, but I managed to assemble something, for about 330e.
    The picture is in the desciption. OS and DVD drive are not included, but the gaming performance should be perfectly fine at 720p.

Attached Files:

12. MortAr

MortAr

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Damn this looks really fine... and the price is good as well. I'll see what I can do to get the extra funds now and see if I can get this one.

Thank you.

13. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    That 4bg seems low, and the RAM seems expensive. Why not get cheaper RAM and more? Is the bus speed worth it?

14. Velmarshal

Velmarshal

Resources:
    Resources:
    The price difference between 1333 and 1600 is marginal.
    Prices sometimes flip around and besides the hyperx fury are some of the best budget ramsticks around.

Also, you'd be surprised at the amount of games I managed to run on my tablet with its 2gb. (Including LoL, DotA2 and SC2.

15. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Edit: I thought that site was in Euros. I realize now why the prices seemed off.

16. Nuclear

Nuclear

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'll just drop my suggestion here.

The site is hardwareversand.de, a German site. I've ordered from there before and I remember that the shipping was pretty cheap, something like 15 eur.

So, explanations:

• 8GB-Kit Crucial Ballistix Sport Series DDR3-1600, CL9
      Frankly the first ones I saw when I entered the category. Trustworthy brand, decent speed and price.
    • Seagate Barracuda 7200 1000GB, SATA 6Gb/s
      A generic 1 TB drive.
    • XFX PRO550W Core Edition Full Wired Power Supply
      These Core Editions are manufactured for XFX by Seasonic, the best brand for power supplies.
    • ASUS A88XM-A, FM2+, mATX
      A budget motherboard by a trustworthy brand.
    • AMD A-Series A10-7850K Box mit AMD Radeon R7 Series Graphics (95W), FM2 +
      Now this is an AMD Kaveri APU. It's a decent CPU with an integrated GPU. The integrated graphics is the main selling point for these, I think it'll outperform any 50€ discrete piece of crap. So for your budget, I'd definitely get one of these instead of a budget Intel and a cheapo nvidia.
    • BitFenix Prodigy M - weiß, ohne Netzteil
      A beautiful Bitfenix Prodigy, mATX version. Has tons of other color options too.

[​IMG]

And when I suggested buying used, I meant browsing forums and places where computer enthusiasts buy and sell their components, not going to your local flea market to look for 20 year old relics.

17. Velmarshal

Velmarshal

Resources:
    Resources:
    The availability and prices vary from country to country, Germany gets much better prices and a wider selection of brands than any country on the Balkans.

18. Nuclear

Nuclear

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, that's why I recommend buying from there. Mindfactory is another German shop with similar prices, but with a bit higher shipping cost. Oh, and I'm not German, so the shipping cost I mentioned wasn't domestic.

Amazon.co.uk/.de can also be a good option sometimes, and they have free shipping into some European countries. For example, I found this R9 290 for 280€, which I find amazing since it costs around 400€ where I live:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HFA44YQ/

And another tip; http://geizhals.eu/ is a good site for comparing prices. Just search for the product you want, and it'll list different online shops and their prices. Obviously you'll want to ignore some of the more obscure looking stores that might have an expensive shipping and non-English site, and look for major and well-known shops like Mindfactory and Amazon instead.

19. MortAr

MortAr

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    This is beyond my reach, I won't be able to afford it and I don't really want an intergrated graphics at this moment. On top, it has a shipping fee. Im really looking for a local (bulgarian) seller. If you could use the websites I provided above, that'd be really nice.

20. Nuclear

Nuclear

Resources:
    Resources:
    No can do, I don't have a Cyrillic keyboard and have no idea how to navigate those sites. You can do it yourself though, just search for the items in the screenshot.

Regarding the integrated graphics; what's the problem with them? They aren't inherently inferior to discrete ones, and you can add a discrete card later. Besides, the graphics chip integrated in A10-7850K which I suggested is roughly equivalent with the R7 250 that someone above suggested. With that budget, buying them separately would be a waste.